+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: GSA Golf Update

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Uninstall and reinstall did not help. I'm at a lost.

9th May 2011
    New GSA Golf 2011 9th May full version update!
    Update includes:
    1. “Select Hole” now back in Practice Mode
    2. “Manage Players” added to normal play mode allowing players to be added or removed from the active game.

plus 11 new great golf courses
    Arcadia Ranch Golf Course, Autumn Hills Country Club,Broken Tree Golf Club
    Burrangarra, Celtic Manor 2010 – Ryder Cup Edition, Cog Hill – Dubsdread Course
    Hanauma Cliffs, Little Tree Championship Golf Course
    Lone Wolf Golf Course, The Wisley Golf Club, Warwickshire National

The download is still the own version and the courses have not been uploaded yet.

Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road
    I'm really looking forward to trying Lone Wolf - the preview screenshots looked fantastic. Hanauma Cliffs is cool looking too, but it's a fantasy course which I'm not a big fan of, and I think it will be a bit of a killer on a simulator with all the lava.

Me too. I'm also looking forward to Cog Hill. Me and some friends might go watch the practice rounds in September.

Do you know if Martin will put the new courses up for download or will we have to ask for them on CD or DVD?

In the past he's only released them on DVD due to size....normally for a price around $200.

Quote Originally Posted by rdh View Post
    In the past he's only released them on DVD due to size....normally for a price around $200.
    Well, I just sent him an email asking where to download them.

Playing Winter Rules mmlincon is on a distinguished road
    Zmax, have you heard back from Martin on where to get the update/courses?

Quote Originally Posted by mmlincon View Post
    Zmax, have you heard back from Martin on where to get the update/courses?
    Yes, his shipper was suppose to contact me for UPS shipping. I guess I just need to arrange payment for shipping. I need to send Martin another email.

I got the 11 new courses today, Checking out Coghill now.

A few of these courses really look awesome. There's a very nice desert course.

Broken Tree and Burrangarra are amazing.

But it appears that Broken Tree and Little Tree Championship might be the same course. Please let me know if they're the same for you guys.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    I agree the new courses are awesome. I will check those courses as well.

Those are two variations of the same course...I read something about that on the 24 HR gaming forum I think. What's the desert course that looks good? Burrangarra is a fictional australian desert-ish course...is that the one you're talking about?

I'm most looking forward to seeing Lone Wolf - how is that one? The screenshots looked amazing.

Yes, Burrangarra is the desert I was talking about.

Broken Tree and Little Tree are the same course but Little Tree only has championship tees.

I haven't played Lone Wolf yet, but from the few holes that I saw, it looks good.

Lone Wolf looks awesome I agree. From what I see Broken Tree and Little Tree are the same course.

What do you think about Burrangarra? It might be my favorite course. The greens are very interesting.

Is the playability on that course okay? When it came out for the PC golf game, people posted on the forum to say it looked amazing but they'd never play it because it had terrible physics. They said balls wouldn't hold on the green even with wedges so it was terribly frustrating. I think they revamped the physics to make it more playable, so hopefully that version is what was released for GSA Golf.

The courses look great from screenshots (I haven't received them yet) but I do wish there was more focus on creating real-world courses. I've never been a big fan of fantasy courses, but that's what most of the new ones are.

I played 9 holes at Burangarra last night and didn't see anything strange with the greens or anything else. The physics appears to be the same as the other courses.

I was a bit late getting my DVD and have finally had a chance to play the new courses a bit. I really like Cog Hill - looks great, and is very "playable" on the simulator. I don't like courses like Doral which (although they look great) are frustrating with so much water...unless you're a really great player, it makes for a frustrating experience with lots of penalty strokes. Cog Hill is good as it's pretty much just sand traps and trees posing the challenges, which you can play out of. I REALLY like Lone Wolf too. Although it's a fantasy course (I prefer real-world) it looks beautiful and is a lot of fun to play. Lots of elevated tees you get to unload off of!

Rdh, O totally agree with you about those 2 courses. They are really nice to play. Someone should make a real "Lone Wolf" course . Would be kinda ironic if that happened.

It'll likely be a while before the next batch of courses is released, but we can look forward to playing Congressional when that happens: http://www.24-hrnetwork.com/forums/t...805#entry16805. Although, compared to the way Rory has torn up that course, it will just be depressing to see how I fare!

Yeah, I know what you mean. 470 yard par 4? 251 yard par 3? I'll have to use my driver on that par 3.

Bogie pingB is on a distinguished road
    ok i'm sort of at a loss here. I have 1 GU10 light directly above the simulator at about 105 inches. I've got it reading on the computer fine.. but as far as I can tell nothing is correct about what it's reading. It's reading a full swing 7 iron at 34 mph, and no matter what it's saying my club face is either way open or way closed.. no matter how I try to get it to read. I'll close it a little bit and just swing it by slow and smooth and it will say 23 degrees closed.. then it's 23 degrees open.. Swing path might be correct. Though I'm not sure but it's not reading wildly wrong numbers. I think I missed a step somewhere. Anyone else had these sorts of troubles?

i take it back.. its only showing open. .Took a straight edge and just passed it over and it still reads it open. I changed it to club face very easy and it says 11.25 open with a straight edge

Is the room dark? You only see one shadow of the club? You don't want any other faint shadows. I would like to see some screen shots of the sensor setting screen and the show sensors screen (before and after the club is swung).

Close up pictures of the PX2 showing the rows of sensors. Picture of the light fixture and also an overall picture of the setup with light shining on it.

You're using a USB to serial adapter? I would like to see you try a serial connection. No data conversion.

Post your reply in the GGS thread. We'll continue there.

The new control panel update (6.6.6) now uses the center of the ball to calculate ball path making is dead on accurate. I mentioned this to Martin not days before and he managed to get it in there. Nice work Martin!!

Cool. I'll check it out. Perhaps Martin is not so busy at the moment.

Yo how do I get the update?

Under the software page. Scroll down and look for the latest GSA control panel version 6.6.6.

so i ran the whiteserialusbdriver.exe per the instructions on the web site but for some reason it still says "this application has failed to start because FTD2XX.dll was not found.." any ideas about this?

I had that problem too. I had to uninstall the version I had, then install the 6.4.0 setup. Then you can replace the files with the updated ones. It's actually version 6.6.7, but says 6.6.6 on the site. You should backup the folder first so you can replace the data files so you don't lose your settings. Martin sent me the FTD file so if you still get the error after PM me and I can send it to you.

Thread Information