100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Caddy golfun is on a distinguished road

NEW News from Optishot or P3ProSwing from PGA Merchandise Show??

Does anyone have any News or Links from Optishot or P3ProSwing from PGA Merchandise Show showing any new features they came out with??

I heard about Optishot's new Package and P3ProSwings new online feature, but anything else from either of them?

Thanks

7 Iron Deverx is on a distinguished road
    Cory has a couple of videos on you tube showing the on line play for the P3Pro. Just go to you tube put in golf simulator and filter for the last week.

7 Iron Deverx is on a distinguished road

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    At that price of $5 grand on could certainly DIY cheaper.

Putter hopkins is on a distinguished road

Not sure if new or old link..

Hello all, just got a P3Proswing and new to the forum... Wanted to say thanks for all the great info I found here... I found this link http://www.p3proswing.com/news/Launch_Angle.htm It may be talking about the old launch angle, but the booth number is for this year's show, so I wasn't sure...

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    New link but old news. The question always is whether the launch data is used in simulation? As well the launch angkle measurement is way too slow. The delay is too much for me. They need to change that for simulation. For clubfitting its ok, but for simulation it needs to be faster.

Eagle SFR is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by bubba22 View Post
    New link but old news. The question always is whether the launch data is used in simulation? As well the launch angkle measurement is way too slow. The delay is too much for me. They need to change that for simulation. For clubfitting its ok, but for simulation it needs to be faster.
    I can confirm with you Bubba, it is slow from the time you hit the ball, two beeps from the vector pro and then the displayed shot is 3 plus seconds. I thought it was just my laptop not being quite up to what is needed. A side note is that the ball flight time is also longer as the ball launches a lot higher with the Vector launch info. A PW goes off the screen before it comes back down. Compared so far to the original launch camera, the original camera will pick up soft shots or chips where the Vector Pro needs a louder noise to trigger the system. If the Vector does not pick up the ball it defaults to the P3Pro pad. Now if the camera does not pick up the ball (if it got bumped or moved) it will give either a major launch or very low launch and your shot is displayed with such info.

8 Iron netcam is on a distinguished road
    SFR, are you saying the launch data from the Vector Pro is used in premium courses? If so is any other data used?

Caddy golfun is on a distinguished road
    I wonder if the P3Pro Launch Angle Camera is New or Upgraded at all?

Supposedly they had a couple update? Besides of course online play.

Eagle SFR is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by netcam View Post
    SFR, are you saying the launch data from the Vector Pro is used in premium courses? If so is any other data used?
    Sorry for the delay, did not see the post.

Yes the launch angle is used, however is is always about 1.1 different in the prem Courses but it is consistant that way which a person could live with. I do find that the ball flight is way higher now and almost too high, but I am still testing things on it. Just getting the shop finished with the sim setup and then I will get down to some better test results.

I though there may have been more data used, as the ball traveled way further and closer to actual yardage, but I also have the older launch camera angle(only works on P3Pro two courses) and testing that also improved distance. So far I don't think any other data is used.

Thread Information