100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Fairway Junkie calleygolf is on a distinguished road

R11 or Titleist 909

R11 or the Titleist 909 series?
    Last edited by calleygolf; 04-22-2015 at 07:19 PM.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by calleygolf View Post
    Hey guys,

I've been arguing with a friend regarding which club is more of a "forgiving" club for average players say 10hdcp and above and which is more purchased by the public in general.

So what do you guys think? Is it the R11 or the Titleist 909 series?

Thanks

The R11 would probably have higher sales due to Titleist's rep as being more of a "player's" line up of clubs. As for which is more forgiving, I can't comment on that as I haven't hit either one.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Golf Guru Gropper is on a distinguished road Gropper's Avatar
    I have only hit the 909. i would refer to it as long but not very forgiving, it didnt make it into the bag last year for that reason. Never hit the R11

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    They are both great heads.. find the right shaft for you and the head you like the look of the best. GT is blowing the 909 series drivers out for 200 bucks and you won't beat that... Wicked driver for 200 bucks.
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

Sand Wedge DennisA is on a distinguished road
    Can only comment on the R11.

Played 4 rounds with it so far this year (I'm above 10hdcp) and it worked out really well for me so far. It's actually working better than my 09 Burner did.

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    the op must've meant the titleist 910 series. When the 909 series came out Taylormade was still selling the R7 series.
    Andrew

Need a Caddy solstrum is on a distinguished road
    the R11 is absolutely amazing. If you get fitted for the right shaft, you will have to go a long way to have anything better in your bag.

Par gregnol is on a distinguished road gregnol's Avatar
    i've hit both, currently play a 909 i find the stock voodoo shaft to be crap, swapping it out for the original nv, not a very forgiving club but when you catch one it flies long. lots of feel from the club. when you miss you know exactly where you hit it on the face. hit the r11 at golf town not overly long but the ability to adjust the club is nice, i was hitting my drives a tad left, changed the sole plate to open and right down the middle. liked the feel but nothing overly great. i've had taylormade drivers in the past and have broken 3 heads not a TM fan

Need a Caddy solstrum is on a distinguished road
    Spent a good part of 2 hours with the Titleist rep last week at golf town to get fitted for their new equipment. At the end had great numbers, spin (3500), launch (13.5), head speed(113-118mph) were at optimum and the club felt nice. After everyone raving about the R11 on tour I had to go compare. Hit the R11 in Neutral, played around a bit and returned it to neutral. The numbers were insane! Less spray, lower spin (3200), comparable launch (14) head speed consistently up (116-120). The distance numbers were nuts. With the best Titleist settings, the ball was going consistently 318-322yds with the R11 the ball was going consistently 330-338.

As of this morning, The R11 is in the bag and was hit at Mountain Creek (well!) I strongly recommend bring your driver in and hit it at the same time and compare the R11 with what you currently hit.

Thread Information