100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar

Foxfire in Syracuse open

I just called and they have been open for a week now. Here is a picture from a Syracuse webcam and absolutely no snow. The Foxfore course is apparently quite dry and very playable. The bad news is that they are expecting about 3-5 inches of snow in the next few days but they expect to be open on Sunday. He says its beautiful right now but snow is expected sometime today.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by leftylucas; 03-23-2011 at 10:59 AM.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    Sounds like a roadtrip on Sunday!!!

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Yes, I am calling them on Friday to see how much snow they get over the next few days. Its not going to be warm that is for sure, looks like we missed out last weekend
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Not this Sunday

After further review???
    Attached Images
    Lefty Lucas

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    Maybe next weekend??

Maybe
    Lefty Lucas

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    We'll be open here by the next weekend...
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Crap !!!! That sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    After further review???

Better

Its getting better but still we all need some warm weather to be open soon
    Attached Images
    Lefty Lucas

If you are going to drive that far, you may as well go a bit further and make it worthwhile...

Leave Thursay after work and drive to Pittsburgh, play 36 holes on a Palmer designed course on Friday, 36 holes on a Gary Player designed course on Saturday, drive 2 hours to Akron after the golf. Sunday, play 36 holes at Firestone (2 different courses) and drive 2 hours to just East of the Cleveland area, spend the night, play 18 holes and then drive home...

4 nights away, 7 rounds of golf and only two 8 hours stretches of driving on either end.

That's a road trip
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

That is a road trip for sure, I like your spunk
    Lefty Lucas

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    I recall a few years ago on Saturday, January 6th when three of us drove to Syracuse to play Foxfire. It was a beautiful mild day, the course was superb and one couple who owned a home adjacent to one of the holes left us a few beers as well as some golf balls. That was a great day and well worth the drive there.

One of the advantages of driving to Pittsburgh, though, would be the possibility of arranging a game with Frank (aka Ironmaster). The opportunity to play a game with him would more than make up for the long drive.
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

Quote Originally Posted by mpare View Post
    One of the advantages of driving to Pittsburgh, though, would be the possibility of arranging a game with Frank (aka Ironmaster). The opportunity to play a game with him would more than make up for the long drive.
    I had forgotten that. I may ping him and see if he might be interested in joining us one of the days...
    Colby

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    If you do play with him, please give him my best.

Quote Originally Posted by Colby View Post
    I had forgotten that. I may ping him and see if he might be interested in joining us one of the days...
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

Will do.
    Colby

Only if that work thing didn't get in the way on Thursday and Friday. I was more thinking of just a day trip down to Syracuse, can play 27 or 36 and back home again.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Colby View Post
    If you are going to drive that far, you may as well go a bit further and make it worthwhile...

Leave Thursay after work and drive to Pittsburgh, play 36 holes on a Palmer designed course on Friday, 36 holes on a Gary Player designed course on Saturday, drive 2 hours to Akron after the golf. Sunday, play 36 holes at Firestone (2 different courses) and drive 2 hours to just East of the Cleveland area, spend the night, play 18 holes and then drive home...

4 nights away, 7 rounds of golf and only two 8 hours stretches of driving on either end.

That's a road trip
    Dave, if I didn't have a job, wife or six month old son, I'd be down for that in a flash.....and on my b-day weekend none the less. LOL!!!
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Quote Originally Posted by BogeyGolf View Post
    Only if that work thing didn't get in the way on Thursday and Friday. I was more thinking of just a day trip down to Syracuse, can play 27 or 36 and back home again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Johnny69 View Post
    Dave, if I didn't have a job, wife or six month old son, I'd be down for that in a flash.....and on my b-day weekend none the less. LOL!!!
    That's why I save up my holidays
    Colby

Thread Information