CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    7 Iron Deverx is on a distinguished road

Question for bubba22 and other P3ProSwing users

P3ProSwing has some refurbished simulators for for $499.00 plus shipping. Below is a listing for the simulator. Would you go Optishot or this route? Would like your thoughts on which way to go because of the free courses you get with optishot, compared to the expense of getting courses for the p3pro ($1,000). Keeping in mind that money is kind of tight these days, what do you think? Also bubba22 when you bought your used P3Pro did it come with additional courses from the seller or does each individual have to purchase for themselves?

You are purchased a Refurbished Serial P3ProSwing Claret.
    This is a factory refurbished unit and comes with a 30 Day Warranty against defects and Technical Support through P3ProSwing.
    This package includes:
    • P3ProSwing sensor unit (serial connection).
    • Used Power Supply (tested and verified)
    • Used Serial Cable (tested and verified)
    • P3ProSwing Version 4.0 Software (XP, Vista & Windows 7 Compatible)
    • SmartDongle Security key (which enables Practice Course, Course Games, Greens Game, PC-Game Interface [for interfacing with EA Sports Tiger Woods PC game] & Highlands National Course).
    • Full Welcome Kit (including):
      • Rubber Friction Tee (to hold your tees in the unit)
      • Foam Ball
      • Sample Tape Kit (Tape for all clubs + applicator guide)
      • Sample Bag of Assorted Plastic Tees
      • Club Tape numbers
    • comes with Serial-to-USB Adapter
    Everything you need to get up & running...

Thanks for everyones input!!!

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    My honest opinion is to go with the Optishot over the P3pro. Get setup with a decent computer and graphics card, decent projector, decent screen and mat that will allow for upgrading in the future. There will be plenty of options in the near future that will simply require a mat modification if you have it set up with the dd already. The P3pro is a better sensor board but the troubles they have had with their integration is not worth it at the much higher extra cost of the unit vs the dd.

ZMax what is your opinion on this matter?

I got my unit without the courses.

As you know I now have the ProTee which is very similair to the GGS and really, really like it. There are a few software upgrades that need to be done as well as the launch camera that I expect to be out for testing any day now.

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by bubba22 View Post
    My honest opinion is to go with the Optishot over the P3pro. Get setup with a decent computer and graphics card, decent projector, decent screen and mat that will allow for upgrading in the future. There will be plenty of options in the near future that will simply require a mat modification if you have it set up with the dd already. The P3pro is a better sensor board but the troubles they have had with their integration is not worth it at the much higher extra cost of the unit vs the dd.

ZMax what is your opinion on this matter?
    I have to agree with bubba22. The DD is the way to go. Better courses, better graphics, better software, etc....hitting off the P3pro's rubber top is horrible. If you want the 36 courses, then just save up your money until you can afford a GGS or Protee system. This way, you'll be able add LA in the future.

8 Iron netcam is on a distinguished road
    I also agree with bubba22 and Z. The only reason why I purchased the P3Pro over DD was the launch angle camera which to my knowledge is no longer available... I also am very concerned about the company, they seem to be relying on same old technology and software I am not seeing any innovation out of them and few attempts I have seen just end up going away i.e. Vector integration which was something I was excited about.

I plan on upgrading to different system like ProTee/GGS sometime next year.

I would check with P3Pro on the eBay refurb unit regarding the software, I think that is the old software (version 4.0) and when I was purchasing mine it cost about the same to upgrade the software as a new unit with the software which you would need for the new courses, I think they require the 4.2 software version.

P3pro has been disappointing for sure. I don't want to turn this into a P3pro bashing but nothing has changed in their situation.

Quote Originally Posted by bubba22 View Post
    P3pro has been disappointing for sure. I don't want to turn this into a P3pro bashing but nothing has changed in their situation.
    Agreed!

Well you all confirmed what I was thinking. Thanks for all the input guys, with out all of you on this site alot of us would be flying blind.

No problem. I would advise as I said getting setup first. Enjoy the dd and if it works enough for you then stop at that. Upgrading from there would be easy. If you only want to hit the range and not the courses, then the P3pro is not a bad sim. If simulation is the goal then get the dd.

definitely after simulation.

For me I wanted more of the range for practice and swing feedback which was the big draw of the launch angle camera. Once again I agree with bubba22

The range and simulation are important for me. As well launch angle and ball measurement are critical for me. That is why I switched to the Protee as P3pro were just too slow and unpredictable in their decisions.

Putter Gogreen is on a distinguished road

Do you still recommend buying DD over P3Pro?

Hi All. I've read most of the message threads and greatly enjoy learning about the Simulator world. Here's my situation...I have a very good junior player whose 13 and averages 80 @ quality courses @ 6,000 yds. In 8th grade. Plays junior tour here in michigan and loves to practice and play. Thus, Simulator in winter makes sense.

With the new P3 software upgrade and that their prices on courses seem to be dropping, would you still recommend the DD over P3? It seems like DD courses might be better quality than P3s. Agree? DD appears to be improving product more aggressively but concerned about accuracy of mechanism versus P3 or is this not significant. Would be used for swing improvement and fun.

I think my son would love this and would play with teammates when he gets in high school. Any thoughts?

Wow, where do we even start. have you read the info http://forum.ottawagolf.com/showthre...-on-Simulators , http://forum.ottawagolf.com/showthre...58125-DD-or-P3 . DD is certainly cheaper and probably only slightly less accurate. For the price I would say the DD. Both systems have very limited total accuracy.

Putter Gogreen is on a distinguished road
    Bubba, I'll re-read those threads however many threads are dated and I figured the software system evolves faster and wanted to double check current opinions on DD or P3. I understand that to get to a accurate system I probably need to look at a more expensive system...but figured these systems might be best way to get started. If P3 provided a more accurate reflection of your game then I'd certainly spend the extra $4-500. If its pretty even then probably go with DD since they seem to improve the software more.

I'm trying to locate golf simulators in our area and have booked a session on a hd simulator but know thats a higher end one but will learn from it. Also, just happen to be headed to a trade show in a couple weeks and many of the golf simulator manufacturers will be their.

Anyway, appreciate the quick response and will get back with questions.

Lob Wedge Jon Robert is on a distinguished road

Confirm P3proswing /help

Does the DD Optishot have an angle of approach feature?
    Does the P3Proswing have one as I believe it does
    Any comments concerning the angle of approach feature which is my primary focus in deciding which to buy. see below for some insight as to why the angle of approach is so important in my decision. Thanks for any comments, ideas

I am building a simulator space today in preperation of the simulator I have yet to purchase.
    My main goal is swing perfecting
    I might get into the playing of many golf courses and then maybe not, My main thing is perfecting the swing to the max

Per Golf Digests top 10 teachers list, I read in Jim Hardy's book "solid Contact" (pg 12 and 13 - his Plane Truth for golfers and Solid contact are brilliant and maybe the only two swing books a person ever needs)

That the 2 most important of the 4 elements of impact for solid shots and consistant ball flightg are
    1) Angle of approach (hitting flush)
    2) Width of the swing bottom (consistancy)
    And are these 2 are the keys to the entire book.

Thus my focous on the angle of approach feature. Thanks for any comments, ideas

Having the P3pro, I would say that it's measurement of the angle of attack is marginally accurate. I wouldn't personally use it to make any serious swing changes!

Thread Information