100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: E6 Golf Lite

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMax View Post
    Did you see the price on Truegolf's Premium simulator? $45K

That price probably includes installation and warranty, but still, that is too much money for a golf simulator....
    Completely overpriced given the options out there

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Well, I played 9 holes on a Trugolf Premium simulator today and I was very disappointed with it. The projector was not HD. The display was 4:3 and I think it was 1280x1024. The screen might have been 9-10ft wide. They also had a small LCD displaying the same thing.

The course I played was Bountiful. I've played it many times on LinksLS. The E6 graphics were mediocre. It was not the Bountiful that I remembered from LinksLS. This was a basic tier course though. Perhaps a premium course like Pebble Beach would look better. The trees looked good and had movement. Greens were OK. It was easy to read breaks but difficult to tell if the putt was uphill or downhill. If I get back there again I will play a premium course but graphics wise, I prefer the Red Chain courses. IMO, fairways and roughs looked better on GSA.

There are three ball sensors or triangulation devices. 1 at the top of the enclosure and 1 on each side, about 4-5 ft from the screen. The sensor mat has 3 row of sensors. The turf is a tight lie similar to the DD. Hitting of the turf with an iron sucks. There is no built in tee holder so when using a driver, you have to put a rubber tee holder about 2 inches in front of the sensor mat. You don't tell the system which club you're using but when chipping, you have to tell the system the loft of your club. Putting is very strange, the ball is placed behind the back sensor row. You basically putt the ball over the sensors in the sensor mat.

As for accuracy, LA and ball path appears to be accurate. Club face was OK but club path measurement was off. The system displayed backspin but I have no idea how it's estimated. Sidespin was underestimated. The system appears to be somewhat forgiving. The system shows pushes,pulls,fades, and draws, but I didn't see any hooks or slices(I hit quit a few of these on the real course). Sometimes, the club data didn't match the ball flight. i.e. a 7 deg in-out with a 3 deg closed face showed up as a draw instead of a hook.

The Trugolf Premuim simulator retails for $45K. It's worth less than $10K, IMO. The E6 is not worth the money they're asking for. This might be the reason why they've been dragging their feet with the GGS integration. Perhaps they know they can't sell any at $3-5K.

E62.jpgsensor.jpgbountiful.jpgshotanalysis.jpgE6.jpg

Awesome, awesome review Z. Very disapointing about the E6 but I have always felt that the Customplay courses were top notch. So you would say that the GSA hardare/software is as good as the Truegolf at the fraction os the cost? How did the round go?

Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road
    Thanks a lot ZMax - I was particularly interested in the feedback on E6. Their still screen shots and demo videos look amazing, but I've been waiting for someone to do a first-hand comparison between it and GSA, and I'm glad you did that. I was planning to wait and see how Red Chain's next gen software looks before doing anything anyway, but after reading that I'll definitely stay on that path. I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by bubba22 View Post
    Awesome, awesome review Z. Very disapointing about the E6 but I have always felt that the Customplay courses were top notch. So you would say that the GSA hardare/software is as good as the Truegolf at the fraction os the cost? How did the round go?
    Yes, the GSA hardware/software is just as good. But obviously, one must add LA and ball path cams to GGS in order to compare the two. Trugolf's $45K includes the whole setup. i.e. enclosure, projector, E6, etc...

As for my round, not so good. I had some good holes but also a lot of bad ones. The course was terrible to walk. For most holes, the distance from green to the next tee seem like a mile. I was not prepared for that much walking. Call me a wimp. Off the tee was good and short game was good. But I hit a lot of thin shots of the fairways.

Quote Originally Posted by rdh View Post
    Thanks a lot ZMax - I was particularly interested in the feedback on E6. Their still screen shots and demo videos look amazing, but I've been waiting for someone to do a first-hand comparison between it and GSA, and I'm glad you did that. I was planning to wait and see how Red Chain's next gen software looks before doing anything anyway, but after reading that I'll definitely stay on that path. I appreciate it.
    You're welcome rdh. I'll try to get back there again and play a premium course to see if there's a big difference. I would expect a little improvement but not enough to justify switching from GSA to E6. If the new Red chain software improves on the graphics, it'll probably blow away the E6.

You're welcome rdh. I'll try to get back there again and play a premium course to see if there's a big difference. I would expect a little improvement but not enough to justify switching from GSA to E6. If the new Red chain software improves on the graphics, it'll probably blow away the E6.

I agree Z. Just curious to know, you mentioned that the sim did not require selecting clubs except chipping. Without directly measuring spin, how does it determine the spin without knowing the club loft/selection ? Can anyone explain that to me? What do you think Z/ RDH?

I agree Z. Just curious to know, you mentioned that the sim did not require selecting clubs except chipping. Without directly measuring spin, how does it determine the spin without knowing the club loft/selection ? Can anyone explain that to me? What do you think Z/ RDH?
    I have no idea how it's estimating backspin. Perhaps a call to Trugolf is in order.

Another thing I forgot to mention. A couple of times, my driver swing speed was about 98-99 but my ball speed was just 105 or so. I think those drives ended up carrying between 170-180. Very strange.

I have no idea how it's estimating backspin. Perhaps a call to Trugolf is in order.

Another thing I forgot to mention. A couple of times, my driver swing speed was about 98-99 but my ball speed was just 105 or so. I think those drives ended up carrying between 170-180. Very strange.
    That is strange. Must be a misread unless you were using those Fisher Price clubs and balls by mistake . Were there a lot of misreads like that?

That is strange. Must be a misread unless you were using those Fisher Price clubs and balls by mistake . Were there a lot of misreads like that?
    No, just a couple of times. Although, I do remember that the rubber tee holder did fly into the screen. Perhaps it interfered with the ball sensors?

Also, the turf on the Trugolf sensor mat just does not compare to our Fiberbuilt mats of the GGS and Protee. I can't believe they're using that kind of a turf.

No, just a couple of times. Although, I do remember that the rubber tee holder did fly into the screen. Perhaps it interfered with the ball sensors?

Also, the turf on the Trugolf sensor mat just does not compare to our Fiberbuilt mats of the GGS and Protee. I can't believe they're using that kind of a turf.
    I have hit off all kinds of different surfaces and will come out and say that the Fiberbuilt mat hitting surface is the best out there. It gives as good a feel to real turf as you will get. That is dissapointing about the True Golf sim. It is good to review these other sims like you have and any opportunity we get to try we should do so and give a report. Good job on that Z . They really should do something about there tee holder as it may very well bean issue.

The latest GSAcontrol now has an option for the E6. I guess the interface is done....

Thread Information