CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Playing Winter Rules Swerve is on a distinguished road

Official ryder Cup 2011 results/wrap-up thread

Discuss

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    what happens in belleville, stays in belleville.
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Quote Originally Posted by nokids View Post
    what happens in belleville, stays in belleville.
    What? did you forget your PS3 down there?

Maybe I should change my name to PS3kids.

3 Wood corchard is on a distinguished road corchard's Avatar
    There are things that I saw that I wish I could un-see.
    3-4 ...... time to settle the score

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    My match results were -
    Fourball - a/s after 18 match halved
    Alternate shot - lost 6&5 ..... ouch!
    Singles - won 3&2

Three great formats for golf , i know i need to improve in a few areas , but for the most part i was happy with my play.
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Team Match Play Champ 2012 sebber is on a distinguished road sebber's Avatar
    If you want to compete on the Sunday... you stay away from Xtour on the Saturday Night, lesson learned! ahahahahah, Awesome times in B'Ville!!! only 362 days til next years event!
    Captain of the Back to Back Ryder Cup Champs 12-13!

Par golfer40 is on a distinguished road golfer40's Avatar
    I had a blast on and off the course!! i think most did...
    [B]Hi everybody![/B]

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    As usual, I had a good time.

- We halved our best ball thanks to a long birdie putt by Cam on 18.
    - We lost our alternate shot 1 down.
    - I lost my singles match 3&2. My opponent (Bruce = gr8golfer) putted out of his mind and shot a 75. I had a great scrambling day myself but couldn't touch that.

My only negative is that we need to go back to East Side Mario's for eats and drop Crabby Joe's for dinner on Saturday. If nothing else it brings back the possibility of paper bag eating.
    Last edited by jvincent; 06-06-2011 at 07:46 PM.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Team Match Play Champ 2010 DenisO is on a distinguished road DenisO's Avatar
    XTour and I lost our best-ball match (I dont remember the score), but won alternate shot 3&2 I believe.
    I won my singles 5&3 vs Focal.

I played great consistent golf all weekend and was really hitting my irons crisp, and the driver was nice and straight.

I'm with jvincent on the Crabby Joe's review and will be eating somewhere else next year.

I think we would save time if we just had a catering service bring us a meal across the street!!

Forum Jedi XTOUR is on a distinguished road XTOUR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by elhoozel View Post
    There are things that I saw that I wish I could un-see.
    Is it the picture of yourself in the mirror ....looking like the guy from Miami Vice
    Proud member of the 2010, 2011 ,2012 OG vs TGN RYDER CUP
    Captain of 2012 Team OG Ryder Cup Champions!

Forum Jedi XTOUR is on a distinguished road XTOUR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DenisO View Post
    XTour and I lost our best-ball match (I dont remember the score), but won alternate shot 3&2 I believe.
    I won my singles 5&3 vs Focal.

I played great consistent golf all weekend and was really hitting my irons crisp, and the driver was nice and straight.

I'm with jvincent on the Crabby Joe's review and will be eating somewhere else next year.
    Denis you played great all weekend. Driver was consistently 250 off the tee. Wish I could of helped out more on some of those holes....golf gods..lol

We lost the best ball 3-2.

I won my singles match 4-2 VS Sunshine. Started the first 5 holes at -2!!!
    Proud member of the 2010, 2011 ,2012 OG vs TGN RYDER CUP
    Captain of 2012 Team OG Ryder Cup Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by XTOUR View Post
    Denis you played great all weekend. Driver was consistently 250 off the tee. Wish I could of helped out more on some of those holes....golf gods..lol

We lost the best ball 3-2.

I won my singles match 4-2 VS Sunshine. Started the first 5 holes at -2!!!
    You helped plenty but they were going to be a really tough team in the best ball either way. If one of them messed up, the other picked up the slack and then some. Hard to overcome that!

As Jvincent said, tied first match thanks to Cam's heroics on 18 and lost the second by 1.

I won my Sunday match against a very good golfer who had a bad day. Here's how I shot 80: 1 triple, 3 doubles, 4 bogeys, 5 pars and 5 birdies.

Team Match Play Champ 2012 CarlBrunet is on a distinguished road CarlBrunet's Avatar
    What's up boys, Had a great time aswell this weekend, Thanks Michael and Will for everything, enjoyed it very much. I didn't mind Crabby Joe's, Certainly on saturday with the nice group we had not far from us... and Mike, she had a beer so she was of age! hehe, good times.

As for golf, Sebber and I got pummeled on the front nine.... 4 down after 10 holes. OUCH! Fought back hard and lost it on 18. It set the tone for the afternoon match, as we claimed the alternate shot 3 & 2. Thanks Sebber for the great day, I think we played well together.

Sunday was even better, I started off really strong and never looked back. Started to struggle on the back but held strong (37 on the front and 43 on the back) and won the match on 16 again 3 & 2.

All and all a great weekend, lots of laughter! Thanks guys, the Rockland boys will come out strong next year!

Ohh and sorry Denis if you had to endure Sebber all weekend...Now you know how we feel.

Team Match Play Champ 2012 CarlBrunet is on a distinguished road CarlBrunet's Avatar
    Forgot to give a shout out to JVinvent... thanks for the great day sunday! you played very good, but couldn't make Bruce miss anything. he never gave you a chance to catch up. We'll get'em next year fellas!!

Of course thanks to all the organizers, I'm sure it wasn't easy. I went down there knowing absolutely no one and had an unbelievable time - trust me, I was debating about pulling out right up to the last minute but am really glad I didn't.

Now to the results - by reading the posts above you would think the final score was much closer than it actually was. Let me be the first to say that my partner - Dutch (Andy) - and I got absolutely smoked in both team matches on Saturday. I believe we were down 6 after 10 in both. We got closed out 4&3 in the best ball and 6&5 (I think) in the alternate shot.

The singles match faired better for me on Sunday (I will let Dutch tell you about his singles if he wishes). Rough start, I think I was +6 after 4 - leading to a 4 hole deficit, LOL. Clawed back the rest of the day and finished my opponent off 2&1 on 17 (with a 37 on the back)

All in all, a great time, a great course, and looking forward to next year.

Carl - I think she was drinking an O'Dooles! And lots of ice T at that table too!
    Last edited by Swerve; 06-07-2011 at 12:56 PM.

8 Iron Sparky is on a distinguished road Sparky's Avatar
    My second year attending so still a rookie (or a virgin depending how you look at it). Great time though, even with the rain delay.

Payne4ever and I lost both our matches on Saturday to a couple of the lowest handicappers on the TGN squad. We could have given them a bit tougher time had we been able to keep the drives in the fairway.

Won my singles match on Sunday (first win ever at this event). Great feeling. I was up 6 holes at one point, ended 3&2. Enjoyable day with Sylvain as my OG partner.

Thanks to Will, Mike and the TGN organizers. Wouldn't happen without you guys putting the time in. Much appreciated.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Had a great two days with my playing partner Chris and opponents Paul and Charles. Lots of good shots, lots of horrendous ones and a deserving outcome in both matches. If it weren't for that damn back nine we should have swept!

Ace TWoody is on a distinguished road TWoody's Avatar
    So what do you think guys. Move the event to a new course next year. Maybe start switching it back and forth between Toronto and Ottawa or just change to Black Bear Ridge (who will give you very little break on the price) or move to Trenton and play Timber Ridge. These items are being discussed by the TGN team.
    Member of the TGN Team
    MEMBER OF THE 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

What's the reasoning behind the move? And can you link the thread?

Quote Originally Posted by TWoody View Post
    So what do you think guys. Move the event to a new course next year. Maybe start switching it back and forth between Toronto and Ottawa or just change to Black Bear Ridge (who will give you very little break on the price) or move to Trenton and play Timber Ridge. These items are being discussed by the TGN team.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    I see no reason to move the course. Trillium Wood is good on a lot of points (price, more or less in the middle, nice course).

If we wanted to change it up a bit we could move back a tee box and I don't think there would be too many complaints since it really isn't that long.

I'll vote again for changing the restaurant location from Crabby Joes.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

I loved the course. I dont know why we would change it. The staff was awesome, the saturday cart girl was fantastic and the layout was amazing!!!!

Being a first time participant, I really enjoyed the course and am definitely looking forward to going back. If we go back a tee box, I am definitely going to have to get my driver going - my hybrid was my best friend all weekend

The distance from Ottawa was manageable as well - i think a commute all the way to T.O. would definitely change the dynamic for me.

As for the restaurant - ya, kinda weak, but it was $10 pitchers on saturday night.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    I like the course but i think it would be nice to have it somewhere else, it's been closer to T.O. for four years so why not move it closer to Ottawa. I'd love to see a two day event at Smugglers, that would be sick.

Ace TWoody is on a distinguished road TWoody's Avatar
    No thread just discussion about idea for improvement. Other ones that have come up are eliminating the 1/2 point for a sweep on day 1, earlier start on Sunday, shot gun start on Sunday, lunch after completion of Sunday matches, and mandatory carts.
    Member of the TGN Team
    MEMBER OF THE 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

3 Wood Leftygolfer3 is on a distinguished road Leftygolfer3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    I like the course but i think it would be nice to have it somewhere else, it's been closer to T.O. for four years so why not move it closer to Ottawa. I'd love to see a two day event at Smugglers, that would be sick.
    As Mule said, Charles just asked for any and all feedback from everyone on the team. So, a whole pile of ideas are being thrown around. It's year away so I'm sure no decisions will be made anytime soon.

Trillium is a wonderful host but I think some people have suggested a change in course for one or both days just to change things up. I love Smuggler's Glen so personally I wouldn't be opposed to the idea - accommodations/night life might be a hurdle.

I think the elimination of the extra half point on day 1 is popular with everyone that's responded.

No need for anyone to panic yet...
    Proud Member of the '07, '08, '09, '11 & '12 TGN Ryder Cup Team!!!

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    I would not want to see a change from Trillium to Black Bear. I don't think that Black Bear is as good a match play course, nor would it as readily accommodate our higher handicap players. For similar reasons I would not favor playing the back tees. That would disadvantage the higher handicapped players, a disadvantage that I doubt could be overcome by the allocation of the handicap stroke differential.

Rotating the courses between the GTA and the Ottawa area might be a mistake. Travelling time for one team would be increased greatly, which would likely deter some from signing up. At the same time, I doubt that any course comparable to Trillium in either area would be prepared to offer up similar rock-bottom prices.

As for the 1/2 point bonus, I would favor getting rid of it.
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

Par golfer40 is on a distinguished road golfer40's Avatar
    alot of the TO guys, just want to change it for 'change' nothing more.. nothing wrong with the course,and the service is exceptional for the two years ive been..

My one BIG complaint is i think the GAO needs to revisit the course to redo the handicap rating.. I dont see how a 150yrd par 3 is in the toughest 4 holes on the course... its almost a lose everytime if you have to give a stroke.. (if the hole were 180+ its a diff story)

having said that BBR is one of my favorite courses ive played.. i would never say no to changing it there.. (or maybe just the sunday round) that way you still have all the 'fun' stuff around and its the same distance..
    [B]Hi everybody![/B]

Thread Information