100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    7 Wood dvshx is on a distinguished road

I am thinking of moving up to the Golf Achiever

I have a P3ProSwing now but they are too slow to develop any ball measurement capabilities.

I have been eyeing the Golf Achiever. As always, I am not well versed with the product, not to the extent of the inside stuff that is discussed here. I know several of you who ownded the P3Pro and upgraded to other sims. I would lilke to know why the Golf Achiever didn't interest you.

Thanks

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by dvshx View Post
    I have a P3ProSwing now but they are too slow to develop any ball measurement capabilities.

I have been eyeing the Golf Achiever. As always, I am not well versed with the product, not to the extent of the inside stuff that is discussed here. I know several of you who ownded the P3Pro and upgraded to other sims. I would lilke to know why the Golf Achiever didn't interest you.

Thanks
    To be honest with you, I didn't even know it existed until fhann bought one. I definitely would have looked into it if I hadn't gone the GGS route.

It doees look interesting since it measures both ball and club. There's a used one on Ebay right now I think.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    We should get the info from Fhann. I didn't like the cost of the courses. In fact correct me if I am wrong but you buy them for only a time period ie rent them. The sim is like ours in that it estimates spin. Maybe Frank can fill us in.

Hybrid fhann is on a distinguished road fhann's Avatar
    Bubba22:

You have the option to rent the courses or buy them outright on the GolfAchiever II sim. I liked the option to rent the courses since the cash outlay was lower, and could be offset by the paying customers that have rented time during the winter. I don't need the simulator package during the outdoor golf season.

The laser sensors can be a bit of a bother if you have persons that are really banging into the mat and apply a very jarring impact. Usually, though this only occurs with very novice golfers. I got quite adept at realigning the lasers, so it could be done in around 10 minutes duration.

I have preferred the accuracy that I have seen on the GAII when I compared the output to my golf statistics that I have charted/monitored over last year's golf season. I find it more suitable to use then a P3ProSwing or DD since taping the golf clubs is not needed.

It is an expensive purchase to buy a new machine. It is my opinion that the GolfTek 7 may be a more reliable system since the Golftek has sensors behind and in front of the ball that will allow for an accurate tracking of the clubhead as well as the golf ball launch angles, (vertical & horizontal). You don't see any used GolfTek 7 machines up for sale at all. The down side with the GolfTek 7 is getting the lighting perfectly focused above the teeing area on the GolfTek 7's mat.

I prefer the customer service at GolfTek versus Focaltron, (GA II manufacturer). I have a GolfTek ProV analyzer as well, so I have dealt with both firms service departments.
    Engineered Golf - Frank Hann 3.8 GHIN
    www.engineeredgolf.ca

Thanks Frank. Do you know the cost of the courses?

I can't remember the cost and quantity of purchasing the courses outright.
    www.engineeredgolf.ca

Pitching Wedge wzjy47 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by bubba22 View Post
    Thanks Frank. Do you know the cost of the courses?
    You can rent them in three month increments. (3 months = $99 per month, 6 = $149 per month, 9 = $195 per month, 15 = $295 per month). You can also purchase them. A 3-course SimPack = $1,995, 6-course = $2,995, 9-course = $3,995, 15-course = $5,995. St. Andrews Old Course and Pebble Beach are $177 per month to rent, $795 to purchase with a SimPack or $1,295 without a SimPack purchase.

I spent about a half hour on the phone with one of their sales reps this evening and he was very knowledgeable and helpful. I’m sure these prices are subject to change.

That was my understanding of the cost as well. For me this is way, way overpriced. That pricing will keep many users away from this sim. I know the renting works for Frank but the mnajority of home users will not rent and would prefer to buy. The prices are just too high especially when there are plenty of other sims at a much more reasonable price.

$6000 for 15 courses? Wow! Saying that these prices are high is an understatement. E6 with 67 courses don't even cost this much.

Talk about bending you're customers over and not using any lubricant. IMO, these 15 courses are worth no more than $400.

Quote Originally Posted by ZMax View Post
    $6000 for 15 courses? Wow! Saying that these prices are high is an understatement. E6 with 67 courses don't even cost this much.

Talk about bending you're customers over and not using any lubricant. IMO, these 15 courses are worth no more than $400.
    ZMax you are the best. Your absolutely right

bubba22,

I hope I didn't offend anybody but the way I look at, these companies need to be brought down to the real world. The more we tell it like it is, the better the chance that prices will drop.

Absolutely no offence on my side. I am laughing with you and as usual completely agree with you. The Golfacheiver prices are completely rediculous. They need a marketing manager that has an idea of what the competition is doing and the available choices out there. Perhaps by reducing your prices one will get more sales. They need to understand this. I think forums like this are reaching a lot of people and keeping them updated on the many choices that are out there.

For what's it worth, the sales rep I spoke to said the they had gotten the feedback about their prices and that they were working on new software. He didn't specificly say they were going to lower their prices so we'll see. He referred me to this forum for additional information on simulators.

Quote Originally Posted by wzjy47 View Post
    For what's it worth, the sales rep I spoke to said the they had gotten the feedback about their prices and that they were working on new software. He didn't specificly say they were going to lower their prices so we'll see. He referred me to this forum for additional information on simulators.
    They need to really cut those prices down to be competitive. Maybe they don't care. You do agree wzjy47 that the prices are rediculous compared to what you can get at a much lower pricepoint?

He referred me to this forum for additional information on simulators.
    LOL!!! too funny....

They need to really cut those prices down to be competitive. Maybe they don't care. You do agree wzjy47 that the prices are rediculous compared to what you can get at a much lower pricepoint?
    I don't know much about simulator prices. I was looking for a launch monitor when I came across a used golf achiever and thought it would cool to have a simulator that had accurate data. I was extremely disappointed when I found out how expensive the upgrade and courses were going to be. Their logic/sales pitch is that even if you buy everything they're cheaper than company xyz. I don't know enough to say that they can compete with the $30k and $50k simulators.

I personally don't think they should be referenced with the 30-40 thousand dollar sims. Any company can say that they are less than the About or HD sims to help justify the crazy price upgrade. The fact is that there are plenty of sims that are at the same level of accuracy as the Golfacheiver that are much, much less costly with respect to the course upgrades. I am sure it is a good sim and Frank on the board here will attest to that. The courses are just too expensive.

Would you consider the golfacheiver a good deal if it only cost $8k for 15 courses or $4k for 3 courses? It looks like you can pick up the ga 2 for $1-$2k used, but then it needs to be updated (new motherboard-$1,400), plus the courses. I was just curious how you guys think it stacks up to other sims in this price range? Thanks in advance for the for the feedback.

Would you consider the golfacheiver a good deal if it only cost $8k for 15 courses or $4k for 3 courses? It looks like you can pick up the ga 2 for $1-$2k used, but then it needs to be updated (new motherboard-$1,400), plus the courses. I was just curious how you guys think it stacks up to other sims in this price range? Thanks in advance for the for the feedback.

Simple answer is that it is way overpriced. I would not pay 8 thousand for the GA II unit and the 15 courses combined, when you can get the PX4 or the ProTee with 65 courses at only 5 grand. In fact at 8 grand I would highly recommend the GC2 which I believe the courses are at least a little cheaper and the GC2 measures spin. At that price there are lots of options.

Exactly bubba22. Like I said before, the 15 courses are worth $400 period.

Heck, for $400, you can get the DD, with 12 or so 3DD courses(which are similar to the GA courses).

I too believe the purchase price on the GAII system are far too expensive. My next combination for launch monitor and simulator will be considering the GC2.

I got the GAII unit at a used price and it fit into my budget but it is not the ideal machine. My ideal machine costs a lot of money and for that I will have to wait, and then assess the market when I do have enough money saved.
    www.engineeredgolf.ca

Quote Originally Posted by fhann View Post
    I too believe the purchase price on the GAII system are far too expensive. My next combination for launch monitor and simulator will be considering the GC2.

I got the GAII unit at a used price and it fit into my budget but it is not the ideal machine. My ideal machine costs a lot of money and for that I will have to wait, and then assess the market when I do have enough money saved.

I agree Frank. Their prices are too high. What is your ideal machine? Trackman/Flightscope/GC2??

Simple answer is that it is way overpriced. I would not pay 8 thousand for the GA II unit and the 15 courses combined, when you can get the PX4 or the ProTee with 65 courses at only 5 grand. In fact at 8 grand I would highly recommend the GC2 which I believe the courses are at least a little cheaper and the GC2 measures spin. At that price there are lots of options.
    Thanks for the suggestions. How do these rate if your main goal is to improve your game? Do they give you enough data to compare clubs or.even do fittings?

Thanks for the suggestions. How do these rate if your main goal is to improve your game? Do they give you enough data to compare clubs or.even do fittings?
    Absolutely yes.

bubba22:

My ideal machine is a Trackman. I will be getting one when I win a multi-million dollar lottery.
    www.engineeredgolf.ca

Frank how do you think the Flightscope X2 stacks up with the Trackman? It certainly is a lot cheaper and seems to have some good reviews.

Bubba22:

I think that the Flightscope X2 is just as good as the Trackman, but the general public will perceive that the Trackman is superior because they have had a better marketing program and more conspicuous presence to the public through television broadcasts of golf tournaments where it has been used. Therefore, I think that a Trackman would generate more sales but not provide me with the same, or adequate, profit margin as a Flightscope X2 due to the greater capital cost.

A Trackman has a 2 tier license program but all the hardware/software is captured within the machine when someone purchases one. You have to pay almost the same amount as the initial outlay just for Trackman to unlock the indoor module for you. That somehow just doesn't sit right with me when the unit has already been fully equipped, but you are prevented from fully using it due to the desire, (and I don't use the wording "need"), for the manufacturer to acquire more funds.
    www.engineeredgolf.ca

Seems like a scham doesn't it? I would say you should look at the Flightscope or even the GC2 Frank. You are absolutely right about the Trackman's reputation etc but I do think that the 2 are very comparable in quality and accuracy.

Absolutely yes.
    I finally had some time to spend in this forum. First, thanks to all of you guys for all the great information. Second, I don't understand how the GA folks are going to stay in business. The GC2 looks significantly better for the about the same price.

Zmax, after doing some more research, I completely agree that they are way over priced for what you get.

Now I just need to find someone to buy one of my kidney's so I can get an GC2. Is that legal in Canada?

I finally had some time to spend in this forum. First, thanks to all of you guys for all the great information. Second, I don't understand how the GA folks are going to stay in business. The GC2 looks significantly better for the about the same price.

Zmax, after doing some more research, I completely agree that they are way over priced for what you get.

Now I just need to find someone to buy one of my kidney's so I can get an GC2. Is that legal in Canada?

Glad you are up to speed. For accurate simulation there are many other options besides the GC2 which are much lower in price. Look at the ProTee, GSA, Golftek options. With these you don't have to sell a kidney.

Thread Information