+ Reply to Thread
    3 Iron Herrington09 is on a distinguished road

myrtle beach packages?

Looking for recomendations on courses/packages/hotels to play at in myrtle. Some mid 20's guys heading down mid May. Let me know if you have any good spots!

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Legends package is tough to beat. 5 rounds, breakfast lunch and two beers for just over $500
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Gap Wedge McRoots is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    Legends package is tough to beat. 5 rounds, breakfast lunch and two beers for just over $500
    I agree. I was just there two weeks ago and took advantage of the Legends package. I played the Heathland, Heritage, and the Moorland (twice). The accomodations were fine also... A nice, good-sized, clean condo. We got great value in that package.

It's also fairly central.

No oyster bay? I hear it's in rough shape. They let you play one of the legends course twice no problem? Were heading down may also

Gap Wedge McRoots is on a distinguished road
    We wanted to minimize our travel after we spent 16-17 hours driving down and then back again. We played three rounds on the resort and then drove the 45 minutes to the Heritage.

The second round we played on the Moorland was a replay as we did the Legends 3 round special. We had to book that seperately and it was not included in the package price.

Bogie GoingLow is on a distinguished road GoingLow's Avatar
    Here is some packages we put together......there is 8 of us...hope it helps.

Accommodations: May 19-22: May 19-22: June 2-5
    (less desirable as there are 3 straight bikers weekends in May) (less desirable as there are 3 straight bikers weekends in May) (best weekend, but no house available)
    North Myrtle house
    North Myrtle Beach front!
    Barefoot Resort - 2 -4 bdrm condos
    Golf options: Cost per guy Cost per guy Cost per guy Details
    Sea trail $475 (+ $230) $415 4 rounds and free lunch Sea Trail tracks
    Big Cats $490 (+ $230) $405 Pay for 3, get 4th free; no grub Big Cats tracks
    The Glens $505 (+ $230) $415 Free replay you can BOOK! The Glens tracks
    Possum Trot warm up track
    Legends $510 (+ $230) $495 B'fast/ Lunch/ 2 beers Legends Tracks

we book our accomodations through Elliott Realty, been doing that forever - lots of choice though mostly in North Myrtle. Depends what part of town you want to stay in. The 2 beers/breakfast/lunch probably is worth $20-$30 a day so factor that in as well. Sea Trail is a very ordinary layout, well below what you get at Legends. The Glens are good tracks and the Big Cats have 2 excellent courses and 2 ordinary courses.

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    I do everything through Brian at the GolfDesk (www.golfdesk.com) (he also runs www.myrtlebeachgolftalk.com) Great guy and really knows the ins and outs of the place.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Quote Originally Posted by Colby View Post
    I do everything through Brian at the GolfDesk (www.golfdesk.com) (he also runs www.myrtlebeachgolftalk.com) Great guy and really knows the ins and outs of the place.
    +1

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    No oyster bay? I hear it's in rough shape. They let you play one of the legends course twice no problem? Were heading down may also
    What do you hear? Went on line and could not find a thing. Rated in their top 20 players choice. Going in less than three weeks and would like to know what we are facing.

The Cats

Over priced and over rated IMO. Our group of 8 first went to MBSC in Mar 2005. Tiger's Eye was supposed to be the best of the group and we really liked it, although pricy. Did it again the next two years and found that it had dropped in quality, particularly maintenance, significantly by year three. Tried Panther's Run but found that it was lower quality than Tiger's. Will not be going back any time soon. Great location and set up but appears that they are running on a reduced budget recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    What do you hear? Went on line and could not find a thing. Rated in their top 20 players choice. Going in less than three weeks and would like to know what we are facing.
    Check out this thread (you may need to register on the site as some of the forums are only available to registered members, i.e. trip reports, etc) http://www.myrtlebeachgolftalk.com/t...ult.aspx#11324 In that thread Keith DeVos (Head Pro at Oyster Bay) comments on the current conditions.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

MB Info.

Quote Originally Posted by Colby View Post
    Check out this thread (you may need to register on the site as some of the forums are only available to registered members, i.e. trip reports, etc) http://www.myrtlebeachgolftalk.com/t...ult.aspx#11324 In that thread Keith DeVos (Head Pro at Oyster Bay) comments on the current conditions.
    Thanks, interesting read. Registered. Appreciate it Colby!

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road
    Drop us a line if you would like a Myrtle Beach golf package quote, we are an OttawaGolf Sponsor.

The Legends Special, Masters Collection and Glens package are great deals!
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

1 Iron Bouboude is on a distinguished road
    GoingLow having played all courses you are considering except Heritage to me your best options are The Glens or Legends. As Colby as posted you should check Myrtle Beach Golf talk. Played Oyster Bay in the fall and it was in great shape and layout was great but latest conditions report indicate a problem. Also played the Cats in the fall for the first time and it was ok but I was not blown away.

Heritage is a fantastic track and I would play it at any time. Beware of the undulating greens and the gators
    Colby

Just so you know Herrinton09, if you're leaning towards the Legends Special, there are very limited tee-times for the weekend of May 14. Let us know if you want a golf package quote, thanks.
    Myrtle Beach Golf

1 Iron Bouboude is on a distinguished road
    Ya Heritage is one of the courses I just have not had a chance to play yet. In the Grand Strand area there are just so many quality courses it will take me many years to visit them all. In terms of price and so many different lodging options plus all the restaurants to choose from it is definitely worth going to at least once and there is a good chance you will be hooked.

Gap Wedge Kosmo is on a distinguished road Kosmo's Avatar
    Hi, I'm in Myrtle Beach right now, into my 2nd week. We drove to Leland,NC, played Freddie Couples course in Bolivia,NC, Carolina National, $59.00, 27 holes, and lunch, nice. Once in MB, www.classicgolfgetaways.com, we played, Pine Lakes, Myrtlewoods Palmento and Pinehills course, $185.00 each and then playing March 27-30, 36 holes, $240.00 per person. Playing, Burning Ridge, Black Bear, Indian Wells and Founders Club. Jimmy Liles is the contact at classic golf getaways

Carolina National is a pretty good course for the price, a nice little gem. If it were located in central Myrtle Beach, it would definitely cost more to play.
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Pitching Wedge RoyalQ is on a distinguished road
    Spent 9 days, played 8 rounds in Myrtle Beach end Feb. beginning March.
    My first time there.
    5 rounds in the Legends package (3 Legends + Oyster Bay + Heritage)
    3 rounds on a whim: Rivers Edge, The Thistle, MB National Southcreek)
    All rounds played around noon, stayed in a hi-rise on the beach.

Everything went smoothly with the package, The Legends is a great resort
    and we liked all 5 courses. They played easy (dormant grass in place of heavy rough) and we needed it!
    Really liked Rivers Edge, our first round, and I guess their greens are getting better every day. Thistle, I had a lot of fun. My partner didn't enjoy it as much as he drove 4 in-a-row in the pond on hole #4. Unfortunately our last round was MB Southcreek, I played my worst by far and didn't like the place, wonder why?

We like good food and it's not that easy to find in MB, a least for newcomers.
    If you like really good Thai food (not buffet), enoodles http://myrtlebeachscene.com/reviews/...reak-enoodles/
    name and website are awful but the food is incredible
    Italian, we liked Villa Romana.
    Buffets, like New China(?) offer good food at incredible prices, but
    gee, why are those places so ugly!!!

Girls?
    Too old. Went to bed at 10h30.
    Have fun!

Golf Pigette of the Year 07,08 kerisb is on a distinguished road kerisb's Avatar
    We go down every winter and play the Prime times signature packages. Courses like King's North, Aberdeen, Long Bay, Pawleys Plantation, MBN East and South, Waceshaw East, Willbrook Plantation, Litchfield, River Club, Winld Wing,Tradition Club, TPC Myrtle Beach. We usually go for the pay for 6 play 7 package. The package we get includes condo and buffet breakfast. The courses have always been in great shape..............not ever a complaint. As a matter of fact we booked the package twice this year and truly enjoyed 16 straight days of golf. Also this package will let you book for two golfers, when most packages (accomodations) are for quad occupancy. May be a bit pricier than some but well worth the money. We usually stay at Ocean Reef resort in a one bedroom condo which has everything you need including washer and dryer, and is right on the ocean (7100 ocean blvd). The people are wonderful, the food is terrific, and the golf....well let me just say it has the best courses I have ever played....hard to compare them to the ones we have here.

Enjoy your trip no matter where you end up or where you play............wonderful place to vacation to!!
    Never dreamt I would ever get so hooked on this game!!

Pitching Wedge golfsparks is on a distinguished road golfsparks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrington09 View Post
    Looking for recomendations on courses/packages/hotels to play at in myrtle. Some mid 20's guys heading down mid May. Let me know if you have any good spots!
    Try Myrtlewood Golf Resort. I heard about their hot deal, where in you can stay in 2 bedroom / 2 Bath villas at Myrtlewood Golf Resort, play 5 of South Carolina's most highly rated layouts, and enjoy breakfast, lunch and a couple beers.Bring 20 people and your trip is FREE. To book and for more details contact Craig Gordon at 888.333.6079

Have a great [URL="http://www.golfzoo.com"]golf vacation[/URL] my friend...

We also offer the same great golf package, 1 free night, 1 free round, free breakfast, lunch and 2 beers. Actually, with 1 specific golf package, our Golden Treasure Package, bring 15 people and the 16th can golf for free.
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Thread Information