100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Sand Wedge jimmyjames is on a distinguished road
    Does anybody know if the divot action mat will work with the grass top on the p3proswing? If yes, does anybody have one and how do you like it?

Eagle SFR is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyjames View Post
    Does anybody know if the divot action mat will work with the grass top on the p3proswing? If yes, does anybody have one and how do you like it?
    I have been testing the Divot Action Mat for the P3pro and I do like it. I don't think it really could be modified to work with the existing grass top. Reasons for this is that there is about a 3/4 inch space between the black rubber top and the divot top. This space lets you hit down onto the divot top and compress it that 3/4 inch or so. If you had the grass top still on there you would not get much compression before the divot top bottomed out. Also if you modified it to make more space for the turf top then you are getting higher from the sensors and might cause more of an issue with the Angle of attack sensors. Those are the two sets of 2 sensors in front and behind the ball. I had a slight issue on the pads front opening not being quite cut open enough and they blocked that reading and gave some weird shot readings. Once enlarged a bit they have been fine.

I bought a couple more old sensor pads for this reason to be able to use an aftermarket top. I wonder if you could get a rubber pad on its own and revert back?

Kinda what I was afraid of...thanks for the info. I wonder if putting a soft pad underneath the sensor would help? I realize I would have to build up my whole stance mat.

The only issue with a soft padding under the hitting pad is that the pad and sensors both would move as your club hit the pad and thus a good chance to throw off the reading of the club.

Kinda what I was afraid of...thanks for the info. I wonder if putting a soft pad underneath the sensor would help? I realize I would have to build up my whole stance mat.

Not sure I understand? If the whole mat moved (unlikely if there is enough friction), my whole body would move, so relative to the sensor and the club nothing would have changed, right??

Not sure I understand? If the whole mat moved (unlikely if there is enough friction), my whole body would move, so relative to the sensor and the club nothing would have changed, right??
    Think of it this way. If the hitting pad was on rollers and when you hit down and made contact with the pad the pad would roll forward and then as the club passed over the last row of sensors it would cross over them at a different point.

Now with just foam under the pad I don't think it would be to the extreme that rollers would be but that is the movement I am wondering about. Even if the pad slightly moved forward with the impact of the club and then moved back to original position the little movement coming back along with the club moving forward may change the reading of the club speed enough to factor into the ball flight.

Now if you were to try this and made it so the pad could not move forward or back but only down to cushion the impact then that might be ok. You still are getting the actual movement on the sensors though, and I am just wondering if that would throw off the readings.

Would you ever think about shaving off the turf down to the plastic? With that removed I think you could use the Divot setup. I am going to try to make something with fiber built turf and see what happends. I want to have one pad set up for a driver with a brush tee and then use the other pad as a fairway pad. I plan on not having a hole for a tee spot for the fairway pad so you can place the ball in the propper spot and not sink into the hole where the tee peg goes.

In the Zone syhlif32 is on a distinguished road
    I had soft foam under my Optishot. Think it was 15-20 mm and had no issues.

While is did give some spring it is not like taking a divot. But softer on the wrists and a lot less noise.

Okay, I see how that is theoretically possible. I would entertain the idea of shaving it or getting a rubber top if the divot action works as well as it appears it would. Even with the grass top, it really can be jarring

8 Iron p3prouser is on a distinguished road
    quickly, i've had the divot action pad for p3pro few a couple weeks. works as stated. feels like taking a divot defintely much more than the hard rubber surface. girlfriend hit a slightly fat shot and hit the front end of the long row of sensors right behind the ball (looks like an inch or so behind the ball) and the plastic plate in the divot action pad cracked and bent up so now it slightly protrudes up. didn't think one swing would crack it. oh well. also a lot of the turf strands keep coming off and dropping down into the sensors which is a hassle. it is cheaper than p3's grass top, but i wonder if i should have bought one of those soft shell lites for like $50 or so. oh well.

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    P3, sounds like time to get rid of the girlfriend!

Lob Wedge Dansc is on a distinguished road
    Is this mat available for Protee?

Yes Bubba posted link in other thread you started.

8 Iron p3prouser is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by CPA View Post
    P3, sounds like time to get rid of the girlfriend!
    no kidding.. but too late... we are actually engaged. ha

Quote Originally Posted by p3prouser View Post
    no kidding.. but too late... we are actually engaged. ha
    Trust me I am a Family Lawyer. It is never too late, will just cost you more the more rings you put on fingers.......

Lob Wedge JBCarilli is on a distinguished road JBCarilli's Avatar
    OK, Y'all ... forget getting rid of the "girlfriend" love is thicker than golf!

Hey P3prouser, call us we do warranty the DivotAction™ turf surfaces and even though she hit well before the golf ball (4" and never a good idea, even on the golf course) we still can help. Damage like this is not 100% covered, yet we do offer a low cost replacement once you own our product. Replacement is available. For situations like this, that is why we also suggest (really demand) that ANYONE who has limited skills, a golf tee should be used for ALL swinging golf shots to prevent this abuse.

Hey Dansc, we do have our DivotAction™ turf surfaces for the ProTee, OptiShot, P3ProSwing and soon to be released the new ST-1 Premier (formerly a revamped version of the GolfTek ST-1).

Finally, some talk about placing a FOAM PAD under a golf simulator pad would help ... NO NOT REALLY.
    What happens is the device which contains the sensors will tend to move with the impact of the club head into the surface which will definately create inconsistent misreads and even cause the sensor to not read completely. Our research with the DivotAction™ turf surfaces has proven our design with the sensor pad being FIXED to the floor or mat that contains it.
    We even had someone with a P3Pro call us with frustration that their 15" x 30" DivotAction™ Mat for his P3Pro was misreading until we found out that he was using it on top of carpet and with each swing the mat and sensor would move and create misreads or even no reads and this was very frustrating to him until he contacted us and we advised that the problem was that the 15x30 mat was not secured to the floor and therefore the movement was creating the issue...problem solved!

Let us know these or other issues and we certainly have the experience and answers you all are looking for ... Best Wishes!
    Best wishes for your GOLF SWING!

Thread Information