100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Par Kball is on a distinguished road

Custom Design Golf DivotAction Mat

Does anyone have any experience with the Custom Design Golf DivotAction mat? It looks like it could be a nice mat that would eliminate some of the shock that occurs at impact, but I have no experience with CDG or the mat.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Lob Wedge JBCarilli is on a distinguished road JBCarilli's Avatar
    I see many inquiries about my company (CustomDesignGolf.com) interested to get more information and comments by our users. We are the inventors of this unique product. Please call or email us with your questions or comments and we will be happy to address your concerns as well as solve any problems that may arise. We back all of our products and yes, our DivotAction™ surfaces are covered by our manufacture warranty. Although our DivotAction™ surfaces are not indestructible, they do provide "real turf feel" when hitting a golf ball from the turf surface whether it be a DivotAction™ simulator turf top or even our DivotAction™ stand-alone insert mats (we even have our unique SandAction™ device mat). We feel they are innovative alternatives to the popular FiberBuilt brush mats (most simulator company's use) that provide zero feel no matter what color their shop broom fibers are! We do however not suggest its use by beginners or anyone who attempts to take a DEEP DIVOT, there is no synthetic surface that will withstand such an impact, only God has solved this problem with his unmatched natural surfaces!

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Awesome. The Custom Design Divotaction mat looks great. How has some of the feedback been?

Need a Caddy TheGolfer is on a distinguished road
    I would also be interested in feedback on this. Also if you use it with protee. Supposedly you don't need to buy the protee putting module ~$1k if you use this mat since it fixes the issue of putting through the sensors and fiber built material. Still not sure how it fixes the shadow issue I hear happens with protee when you are over your putt. Does the protee putting module provide anything more in putting accuracy or just resolving the shadow issue and putting through fiber matt / sensors?

The putting module is very accurate. It does help avoid the issues of the shadow during putting with the base mat. You can always get a base unit without the putting module and add later if you want. I am strongle thinking of getting the divot action mat for the Protee. I ahave always thought that the concept looks great. Perhaps worth looking into.

anyone on the forum have experience using the divot action mats? What was your experience?

JB - i was hoping more users used your divot action mat and would comment. seems very cool. also cool for protee users where it sounds like you don't need the extra putting module with your diviot action matt (save 1-1.5k) since you don't need to put through the fiber mat . Cool innovation.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGolfer View Post
    JB - i was hoping more users used your divot action mat and would comment. seems very cool. also cool for protee users where it sounds like you don't need the extra putting module with your diviot action matt (save 1-1.5k) since you don't need to put through the fiber mat . Cool innovation.
    Explain what you mean by you don't need the extra putting module with Protee with the divot action mat? How does the mat change anything about putting? I am not quite sure I follow you on this one. Putting can be done on the standard Fiberbuilt mat without the putting module. I don't see how that is different with the Divot action mat?

JB - need you to chime in hear with a better explanation than i but I will try to start. Sounds like protee without the putting module you need to putt through the fiber built material and sensor lines. Told this can cause the ball to bounce around with the fiber built bristle material. One solution is to upgrade and get the putting module addition that fixes that I am told. Sounds like JB has a solution where his divot action mat is not fiber built so you can hit shots off of it and putt off the smooth surface without the ball potentially bouncing on the bristles and misreading. May not be accurate so need some help from the gentlemen that sells it...

Wrong info. The issue with putting with the Fiberbuilt mat is NOT the movement of th ball on the mat. It puts well on that mat. When using the mat you measure your putter speed, direction etc and the ball only rolls over 1 sensor row. The issue is with some people who stand close to the ball when putting, their head may shadow the sensors and cause errors. That will be no different with the divot action nor the Fiberbuilt. You should get all the facts before posting wrong info.

bubba2 - you need to calm yourself down and possibly take a break from living in virtual world (2416 posts) and get out and play some real golf and get away fromt the games. It's getting old and a few poeple indicated offline . If someone accientally posts something that is not factual then its a great idea to explain the facts to help clarify where just making general statements that people are wrong and you don't add the detail on where and how that could help a number of users on the forum. if you actually read what I wrote it was clear this was not a statement of pure fact verified by me. This was a statement provided by the thread owner "customdesigngolf" who has claimed that these issues are resolved with his divot action mat and therefore I requested in the thread since the data is coming from him that he should chime in and explain. its a great opportunity to get this clarified since he started early on the thread. I too found it hard that it would resolve the shadow issue and was curious to how it does it. Surprised ball rolls very well on bristle top through sensor slits without causing any deviation in line / speed of putt when in the real world we worry about if greens aren't double cut and rolled at 11 with no divot / spike marks in our line.

Trust me, I play enough real golf and not just simulation. I don't see where custom design claimed that the putting will be resolved. Perhaps he said that to you. I am just pointing out that it will no solve the putting issue so the people tha read this will understand that is not the case.

JBCarilli - time to chime in with your product. spoke on the phone and you explained that we don't need the protee putting module since your setup with the divot action mat resolves the limitations with protees shadow issue and putting through bristlled fabric and sensor pads.

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGolfer View Post
    JBCarilli - time to chime in with your product. spoke on the phone and you explained that we don't need the protee putting module since your setup with the divot action mat resolves the limitations with protees shadow issue and putting through bristlled fabric and sensor pads.
    You must have misunderstood JB. The Divot Action mat is not going to eliminate the shadow issue. Don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure that out.

Guys jumping to conslusions that I misunderstood without knowing any context or facts. The company was selling their golf mat as a replacement for the protee putitng upgrade so it can avoid the limitations protee has with putting. I bought the problem with putting through bristles and sensors. I didn't see how it solved the shadow problem. There was no misunderstanding - doesn't meen the information that was beeing comunicated was factual though. If you read the posting that is why I brought it up and asked customdesigngolf.com to explain.

Clarification from the source ... ProTee

I am very sorry, I find little time in my day to do fun things like visiting golf forums (I guess that's a good problem to encounter) and have missed the questions about our ProTee with the DivotAction™ turf surface. I received confirmation from my source... ProTee's owner and his comments are as follows: "The putting from your DivotAction™ turf will probably be better than the putting from
    the (FiberBuilt) brushes. What it does not solve is the overhead light. When putting your head might block the overhead light which can cause
    misreads or strange behaviour
    . The putting sensors system solves this
    because you stand in front of the sensors and not over them."

I stand corrected (partially). Yes, as he explained, putting from our DivotAction™ turf will probably be better, yet your putting stance and the angle of the overhead light may create a problem and therefore if this is the case, you can choose to get the PUTTING SENSOR UPGRADE. Again, I would not assume this is needed, but is always an option to upgrade later.
    I will try to check in every day to your comments as best I can. You may always call us toll free in USA and Canada at 1-877-632-4653 since I do better answering calls than visiting golf forums.
    Best wishes for your GOLF SWING!

Thanks John for the clarification. That makes sense sense to me. I do think the Divot action mat is a fantastic idea that will be very helpful for these sims.

Thanks Jb. How about a pic of the Protee Divot Actoin mat? I couldn't find it on your site.

BTW, bubba22 is correct (as always). I did confirm this previous post with ProTee's Owner and I partially misunderstood him during our first conversations when we were developing our DivotAction™ turf surface for the ProTee. He commented to me that putting will be accurate since we are putting over turf and not a brush mat, this is factual from the source. I know Cory mentioned this in his ProTee review video. What I failed to question and get the response to (until speaking to TheGolfer and reading bubba22's comments), I contacted them and specifically requested the answer I have submitted above. I would however caution everyone to first determine if they have a SHADOW ISSUE with their putting stance (everyone does not have this) and then determine if you need to purchase the expensive PUTTING SENSOR UPGRADE. Buyer beware!

I will be posting updated photos on our web site www.CustomDesignGolf.com of the ProTee and also we now are introducing the P3ProSwing DivotAction™ Mat. This has come simply from so many people requesting it and calling us to get this product out for over 2 years! Well it's now ready to ship!
    So that now makes 5 products available ... Yes, our stand-alone DivotAction Mat Inserts (12" x 24") and now for the popular simulator sensor mats, OptiShot, GolfTek ST-1, ProTee and now P3ProSwing!

Thanks JB. Looking forward to seeing pics of the ProTee Divot Action Mat. If looks like an exciting product that is available for several sims. Really worth looking at.

7 Iron tahosrfr is on a distinguished road
    My two cents. The Mat looks and sound great, although I worry a little bit about the durability because of someone who posted earlier that they did do a little damage to it. Personally right now I use JB's regular replacement mat on my DD and that thing seems indestructable. I am pretty happy with it. As far as purchasing a Divot Action Mat, I feel the price is way out of my budget. Maybe we could a get a bunch of interested buyers together and do a group buy at a discounted price? What do you think JB?

Thanks for your kind works.
    I will try to address every concern in your post. I wish they only cost two cents!

Your experience with our turf top is not the exception, in fact, the DivotAction™ simulator surfaces out perform even the turf tops since we eliminate most if not all of any impact shock as compared to a typical range mat or turf topped simulator device.
    The earlier posting you refer to is an example of who we do not suggest use our DivotAction™ or even our Replacement Turf Tops. We warn every user that if you are either a beginner, or someone who takes very steep and deep divots, or hits well before the golf ball... only God has created a surface that can withstand such an impact.
    More specifically, the OptiShot and even the newly introduced P3ProSwing DivotAction™ simulator surface mats both have a large hole in the surface for their sensors well behind the golf ball. REMEMBER, these sensors are over FOUR INCHES BEHIND THE GOLF BALL. You can simply imagine how (especially with your experience with our turf tops durability) a device can be damaged if impacted, not only way behind the golf ball but also with a steeper entry than any player should, what this would do to either surface with such a large opening BEHIND THE BALL.
    We warn and suggest that anyone who purchases and uses our Turf Top or our new DivotAction™ Simulator Device Mats take precautions if they have anyone who would fit the above description and our solution is for them to use our UltraTee™ or even a standard golf tee and KEEP OFF OF THE TURF SURFACE until such time as they become familiar with hitting off of a simulator turf top. This is an adjustment for any golfer (learning to hit from a device pad), let alone someone with limited golf skills who hit that far behind the golf ball and not as the ball is intended to be struck.
    I hope this clarifies to you and all who have considered our turf products. Besides, if anyone has a problem with any of our products, we do stand behind and offer solutions to accommodate the user as best we can. We do opperate business in a very different method than most people experience in todays consumer world.

Finally, as for price!
    Technology and manufacturing processes determine a products cost.
    Ask Steve Jobs (sorry), well ask anyone who develops new technology, that person deserves to be compensated ... Do you not agree?

Imagine where any of us would be in today's world if we chose not to pay for convenience, can you say wash board!

All comments were given with due respect and I attempt to offend no person!

PRODUCT UPDATE ... I have first hand experience concerning putting on the ProTee WITHOUT the putting sensor upgrade. I know many have questioned issues of "shadowing" created when a player positions themselves for putts and I have noticed that it is an individuals stance that may or MAY NOT create a shadow over the sensor pad. I have taken my putting stance (which is as unique as any other golfer's) and noticed that I can position myself and ZERO SHADOW is created and putting is quite accurate. I do admit that there can be many or possible most golfers who themselves while taking there own individual putting stance that a shadow can be created. For those players, the Putting Sensor Upgrade would be recommended and at the additional cost to the system which is not inexpensive. I also noted that with little care and even a possible slight adjustment a shadow can be totally avoided (thus saving hundreds of dollars on the additional upgrade sensor).
    I am convinced that my conversations with Dennis of ProTee that our DivotAction™ Systems sold without the Putting Sensor will deliver a very accurate putting experience once the player first determines if their own stance does indeed create such a shadow...then ask themselves that if that is the case, would a slight adjustment to their stance be worth the savings!
    My experience with virtual golf does have some trade-offs and this would be a totally individual's decision to make the choice.
    As for me I like keeping $1800 plus US dollars in my pocket, how about you???
    Or maybe I just am too frugal!

JB,

Does the Protee Divot action mat replace the Fiberbuilt mat? If so, how are the electronics protected?

We have designed a special plate that will protect the sensor pad and we have even made it possible for all EXISTING USERS of the ProTee Sim to UPGRADE to our new DivotAction™ surface. They would simply remove the brush mat and install our surface (we include easy to follow instructions).

What is the plate made of? Plexi glass, plastic, steel?

How much higher is the Divot action mat compared to the Fiberbuilt mat? As the Divot action mat compresses, does it interfere with the ball track sensors? Or is the cutout big enough to allow for the moment of the mat?

Any plans for a GGS PX2 version. If not, I'm sure I can modify it to fit the GGS PX2.

Thanks

Actually our DivotAction™ surface is even with the stance mat. I believe the brush mat extends higher above the stance mat by a small amount.
    All of our DivotAction™ surfaces are cut exactly to each sensor device and they are not interchangeable or able to be modified unless the sensor holes match up exactly.
    Our design now makes it possible for any owner of the ProTee to simply remove the brush mats and install our device.
    As for what materials we use, I am sorry to say that is proprietary and all I can say is we use a protective plate plus other procedures that assure a solid product.

Putter irealgolf is on a distinguished road
    JB, would you send a detail email of data for Protee ? irealgolf@163.com

7 Iron tahosrfr is on a distinguished road
    I cannot attest to the Divot Action Mat, but I did purchase the Turftop for my optishot several months ago and it has worked as promised. I have had some hackers over to play on occasion who have beat this thing up pretty well. So far at has stood up nicely. I think it's a good buy.

Thread Information