+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Flightscope X2

8 Iron kwantfm is on a distinguished road

Flightscope X2

Hi all,

I'm still working out which launch monitor I want to get and thus the powder is still dry. This forum has just been so good in terms of hearing about different set ups. At the upper end of the spectrum it sounds like there is lots of support for Protee, GC2, Golftek Pro 7. Just as a place holder I wanted to put up a post asking for information on the Flightscope X2. From early reports this sounds like a true Trackman rival but at a price closer to a GC2. I'm hoping that it truly does provide accurate club data as it would be great to have both club data, ball data and down range tracking of the golf ball so that variables such as angle of descent can be captured.

Cheers,
    T

3 Wood goley is on a distinguished road
    I have the chance of work with the original Flightscope. It is a great machine that is very accurate with the driver but seems to offer mixed results with hitting irons and shots off the ground. Trackman is the best machine out there but with a price tag of 23000 plus is a little steep. The new flightscope x2 has a built in camera which the original and kudo do not. It is also wireless and compatible with ipone and ipad. From doing a little research it appears that the folks at flighscope have fixed the problem with the new machine regarding weird numbers with irons shots and shots off the ground. One problem that both machines (flightscope and trackman) have is when you take a divot the machine often picks up the divot and affects the results. The best way to get around this is to hit off a lie board. If I were to buy a machine right now it would be hands down the flighscope x2. That is the problem that alot of the simulators have in my opinion, they calculate the ball flight based on path and face angle but do not take into affect angle of attack, which is very important because it alters the true path of the clubhead.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    I just recently practiced on the Flightscope and thought it was nice. This was indoors and there were several shots that didn't register well. I think the limitation of the doppler monitors is due to the indoor environment. Outdoors they are great and really track the ball flight well over a long period. Indoors they are more challenged due to the shorter ball flight. I agree that based on the price, the Flightscope is a steal. I still for the life of me do not understand why the various launch monitors do not have more simulation and golf course playability with GSA etc. I understand the limitation of putting etc but there are many ways around that. Look at the GC2 for example.

The new Flightscope X2 looks really nice. I wonder what the price will be? It will really challange the Trackman. If I were looking at a launch monitor I think it would be the one.

Asics
    The new X2 ranges in price from around 8-11K, depending on the model. I believe the base wireless model is 9K. From what I have read, it seems to be getting really good reviews from some who criticized the Kudo model based on inconsistent readings on angle of attack. There is currently a simulator option available through Holiday Golf, but I understand that in the next few weeks there will be an option through the company that does Trugolf. You guys understand the various course options far better than I, and I would appreciate any thoughts regarding the Trugolf option. The company provided no info to me re pricing on this option.
    Last edited by Asics; 03-12-2011 at 07:49 PM.

Well Trugolf will be the E6 which is a great peice of software. The nice thing with the Flightscope vs the GC2 is the fact that it sits behind the golfer so is fantastic for the left right golfer. I wonder if the wired version is cheaper and as well how much the Trugolf software will be. This will make for a real serious contender to the GC2. Perhaps it will drive the GC2 prices more down to earth .

Asics
    The wired version is 8K.

Hybrid fhann is on a distinguished road fhann's Avatar
    For indoor use you will need a minimum distance behind the ball of 8 feet and a minimum distance from the ball to the impact screen of 15 feet. If you need another 1 to 1.5 feet behind the impact screen so that you won't damage you wall then the length of the room needed is 23.5 to 24 feet. Most garage dimensions are not that long so it takes a special room construction.
    Engineered Golf - Frank Hann 3.8 GHIN
    www.engineeredgolf.ca

Quote Originally Posted by fhann View Post
    For indoor use you will need a minimum distance behind the ball of 8 feet and a minimum distance from the ball to the impact screen of 15 feet. If you need another 1 to 1.5 feet behind the impact screen so that you won't damage you wall then the length of the room needed is 23.5 to 24 feet. Most garage dimensions are not that long so it takes a special room construction.
    Good point fhann. They say you can get away with alittle less like 20 feet however it still requires a lot of room.

Quote Originally Posted by fhann View Post
    Really good point. Does anyone know if the same internal dimensions are required for Trackman Launch?

Trackman needs 10 feet behind the ball and 15 feet to the screen. It needs just a little more room than Flightscope for the indoor setup.
    www.engineeredgolf.ca

3 Iron walb0034 is on a distinguished road
    Does anyone know if there is simulated play available for the X2? I have looked everywhere and can't find it. Without going into too many details (don't want to get anyone in trouble) I have an opportunity to buy an X2 for $6000. It seems to be superior to the GC2 because of the clubhead data, but it wouldn't mean too much to me if there isn't simulated course play like GC2.

The Flightscope X2 does not have simulated play. It does have a 3D driving range simulation with 8 or 9 different views of the ball's flight path.
    www.engineeredgolf.ca

Although all the clubhead data is great, and the range software is really, really good I'm not sure it's the right system for me then, even for the same price as a GC2.

The Flightscope is a great thing for a club fitter. I think where it shines, is it's visual presentation of comparing dispersion between different models of clubs. "Accuracy is king" in golf.
    www.engineeredgolf.ca

To bump an old thread, now that fall is on us I was doing some quick research before buying a GC2. Looks like flightscope added Simulated course play with the E6 courses from TruGolf, and they look amazing.

With the addition of the clubhead data that a GC2 can't give you, I see no reason to get a GC2 over a flightscope X2 considering they are roughly the same price.

Can anyone comment of the performance of a X2 indoors into a net? I have 24 feet from box to net so I think that should be fine, but it has to be as accurate as the GC2 for me to consider it. Also for me, my daughter and wife are left handed, so being able to go from left to right handed golfers without moving the unit around is going to be a big bonus.

Ryder Cup Par2Pro is on a distinguished road Par2Pro's Avatar
    While it hasn't been officially released yet, FlightScope was showing their E6 integration at the PGA Expo. I took a video of it for everyone: http://www.youtube.com/user/Par2ProV.../3/h4Y_H5XthT8

I am hoping that they release it soon as this will be great! The only down side is that there is no putting on it at this time (which may change).

I do have some preliminary pricing, but I can't advertise it until FlightScope does - if you just have to have it before we can advertise it, then send me an email to cory@par2pro.com.

Also for the proper distance requirements I have posted their pdf here:
    http://www.par2pro.com/FlightScope/F...tup_2011_e.pdf

Cheers,
    Cory

To answer your question wal, I have seen and tested the FlightScope indoors and out and have found it to be very accurate as long as there is a clear visual of the ball and that it meets the distance requirements indoors.

Lob Wedge DickK is on a distinguished road
    There is another big advantage to Flightscope. It sits behind the player rather than alongside. The GC2 is prone to damage and really needs to be kept inside an aluminum enclosure (according to their rep).

There is a new Flightscope that was introduced at the 2012 PGA Merchandise Show (called the X1 Tbox), that Cory is going to test, that is designed to sit behind the projection screen. The advantage is that it is protected by the screen and also does not require 15 feet of ball flight to be accurate. It is also $6,000 MSRP rather than $11,000 for the X2. This has the potential to capture the indoor golf simulator business.

Lets get a sense of what it measures and how accurate it is before we get to excited. Remember Zelocity Tracker and Purlaunch at that matter!!!!

3 Iron HRS is on a distinguished road
    [QUOTE=DickK;432146]There is another big advantage to Flightscope. It sits behind the player rather than alongside. The GC2 is prone to damage and really needs to be kept inside an aluminum enclosure (according to their rep).

I shank the ball much more than I would like, with many holes in the wall to prove it, and I've never hit the unit. Sometimes the ball bounces back that way (concrete floor) but there's always time to grab it. Remember that Foresight sells the cover so they encourage its purchase. Maybe I've just been lucky so far and will soon put out its eyes but I wouldn't let fear of hitting it deter you if it otherwise fits your needs.

Hey All,

In all the midst of diaper changes, feedings and customers I wanted to make the effort for a quick post on this LOL

Anyways, first yes I have the new Flightscope X1-TBox now on the way to me for demo (we are currently testing the TruGolf Technique system) and I hope to have it setup for testing shortly after it arrives (estimated later this week).

Second, I have customers with the GC2 who have hit the unit but it was more that newbies or drunkies were the cause I am setting up another center soon and will be putting in the cradle as $300 is cheap insurance to protect my investment for someone who may hit one the wrong way. Again I am not saying it is necessary for everyone, but if you think there is a chance of hitting it, then the cradle is a good option to have.

Happy Golfing All!
    Cory

What were your impressions of the Flightscope X1-Tbox Cory? Spin estimated? Price?

Very limited impression as I only saw it work once - I am looking forward to having it in my hands to know for sure. I believe that the spin is calculated. Price is going to be around $6k for the harware and the software will be the E6 or E6 lite in which we are still trying to get an answer on the base software & price (range, competitions and 1 course). They are basically going to TruGolf for the software and are relying on guys like me to put everything together (so that is what I am trying to do )

Gotcha. Once again thanks Cory and looking really forward to your review of both the Flightscope and the Trugolf Technique.

Quote Originally Posted by Par2Pro View Post
    Hey All,

In all the midst of diaper changes, feedings and customers I wanted to make the effort for a quick post on this LOL

Anyways, first yes I have the new Flightscope X1-TBox now on the way to me for demo (we are currently testing the TruGolf Technique system) and I hope to have it setup for testing shortly after it arrives (estimated later this week).

Second, I have customers with the GC2 who have hit the unit but it was more that newbies or drunkies were the cause I am setting up another center soon and will be putting in the cradle as $300 is cheap insurance to protect my investment for someone who may hit one the wrong way. Again I am not saying it is necessary for everyone, but if you think there is a chance of hitting it, then the cradle is a good option to have.

Happy Golfing All!
    Cory
    Busy time of life for you... appreciate you posting despite all of the other time pressures you must be feeling right now!

No problems - here to help (and play of course - can't wait to get the little guy swinging the club and his first toy was a foam golf ball LOL).

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    Any word on the tbox Cory?

Not yet, still waiting on the software (the version that I had was not compatible with the TBox). Both Flightscope and TruGolf have been very accomodating and helpful so far.

I like to test it for about a month or so with tonnes of different golfers so that I can give a proper review.

We have almost finished the testing the TruGolf sim, but will be running the KP charity fundraiser at the Edmonton and Calgary PGA Shows this month so the posting may be delaye a bit... now off to get the little guy to bed (hopefully Daddy gets some sleep soon too!).

Cheers,
    Cory

Cool. So Cory you have the tbox but not the software?

Thread Information