100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 65 FirstFirst ... 12 52 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,860 of 1946
    Known entity psace is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by rdh View Post
    Ugh...more new products suddenly posted on the site. LX Elite. Scrambling and grasping at straws trying to figure out what might actually work...
    You know, I really wish GSA would come out with something that would work for their sake. All the rumors are just annoying for everyone.

6 Iron tman is on a distinguished road
    Just seems like its an every day fix for his equipment. Be like buying a car and having to do recalls and fixes every day and not drive it. I want something I install in the room and use. Gonna wait till golf show is here and gone as new stuff looks like its coming out. Simteck has interested me.

3 Iron bruthru is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by psace View Post
    You know, I really wish GSA would come out with something that would work for their sake. All the rumors are just annoying for everyone.

A demo video for the LX is now listed on Mr. Martin's web page. For all you doubters you can see it working with your own eyes.
    http://www.golf-simulators.com/technical_news.htm

3 Wood Frans@france is on a distinguished road
    LOL Did you see that shot where ball path was straight, clubpath straight and face square and the shot displayed was a big slice!
    or that first iron shot where call path left 2*, club outside in (2.0*) face closed (1.6) and still a slice .....

3 Wood northgolf is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Frans@france View Post
    LOL Did you see that shot where ball path was straight, clubpath straight and face square and the shot displayed was a big slice!
    or that first iron shot where call path left 2*, club outside in (2.0*) face closed (1.6) and still a slice .....

How do you read that out the video - I can't see doodle for detail.

As to the iron shot, if the clubface was closed 1.6 relative to target then it was still .4 open to path and that mean slice.

Quote Originally Posted by northgolf View Post
    How do you read that out the video - I can't see doodle for detail.

stopped the video, made a screenshot and zoomed in. still good enough to see that data

Quote Originally Posted by northgolf View Post
    As to the iron shot, if the clubface was closed 1.6 relative to target then it was still .4 open to path and that mean slice.

that .4 open to path is correct however that means that any possible spin-axis tilt is rather low. Any axis tilt below 2 degree the ball aerodynamics will keep the ball flying straight.

Trackman rule of thumb : for a 6 iron the ball’s spin axis will be tilted two times the difference between the face angle and the club path

alpobas
    There's only two putting videos. Maby he pulled them…?

Quote Originally Posted by alpobas View Post
    There's only two putting videos. Maby he pulled them…?

the videos are still on the website...

alpobas
    Just checked. Tried to reload ten times. Just putting videos for me.

Quote Originally Posted by alpobas View Post
    Just checked. Tried to reload ten times. Just putting videos for me.

did you follow the link and then just scrolled down to

January 11 2014 - part 2
    LX Pro launch monitor video

Not a single putting video on that page to be found

Lob Wedge gwear55068 is on a distinguished road
    I also only see putting videos. One on the 11th-part 2 and the same video on the 12th

putting video.JPG

Here's a screen capture

yes that's the video and he did indeed did some putting at the end but I stopped watching after the first few minutes when I saw the data from the iron and wood shots.

Weird, it only seems to work in internet explorer. Chrome and firefox only show a 5 second putting video

alpobas
    Will try on a different machine. Only putting videos, as a stated, on safari.

Isn't the LX only measuring the ball? Am I correct saying that it must be trying to calculate the club data from the actual measured ball data? I guess the real question would be if the shot on the screen is accurate, regardless of what the club data says

Lob Wedge Nodeurs is on a distinguished road Nodeurs's Avatar
    I have been able to watch the video only on the iphone... on my office PC i have the putting video on Mozilla, Firefox and IExplorer....

Ace goatbarn is on a distinguished road
    Yes, gwear55068, the LX is only measuring (might be a strong word) the ball.

He may have been hitting off of the PX2 sensor mat though, in which case it may have tried to take the club data from that...?

If not, I would disregard the club data. The same way GC2 owners playing ProteePlay need to disregard that data as it's just reverse engineering the ball data, I believe.

Gap Wedge GMR is on a distinguished road
    My 2 cents... if the ball makes contact with the upper-left corner of the screen on a 100-yard shot, it should not start in the middle of the screen and end up right of center. Unless of course he can slice a pitching wedge harder than Bubba Watson. Just sayin'.

7 Iron dmartyna is on a distinguished road
    Martin's biggest issue is he is transparent with what he is doing. He shouldn't be posting this stuff until he has a proven product. It is way too early in development for him to be putting this stuff up and obviously for selling it. I'm sure most of the companies that are developing new stuff would have similar postings if they posted every day. It would be different if he was posting it as a research project rather than saying he has a working product that he is just tweaking.

support not withstanding, I still love my PX5, Just wish I didn't have to input my club choice.

Martin's problem is sequencing - fire, aim, ready. Martin goes Production, sell, beta test.

Lob Wedge martinGSA is on a distinguished road

Hi all,
    I haven’t been on this forum for a number of years now andwas surprised that people are actually talking about what I do here in Naples,Florida. Negative or positive, I didn’t think I was of any interest so pleasedto see at least some response.
    As I’ve stated before, golf simulator development is more apassion than a business for me but occasionally I do have to sell products inorder to pay the bills.
    The LX development has been a huge undertaking – taking over 3 years now – and will no doubt takequite a while to perfect but at some point you have to take the plunge and say –enough is enough and we’ve tested all that is feasible – and so it’s time to goto market.
    I’m continuously testing and making improvements on a dailybasis and thus the software updates are coming equally as fast, however, if Iwaited until all was indeed perfect I would probably never be finished and GSAGolf wouldn’t exist anymore.
    Thanks again to all that have posted their thoughts andplease continue with any critique.
    MartinGSA

2 Iron stevnkrn is on a distinguished road
    Martin, it is good to see you in this forum. I think you will find a lot of useful information about what people think about GSA products, depending on how you take what you read. One thing you said, which I for one find somewhat disconcerting, is that your work on golf simulators is more of a passion than a business. While most of us involved with GSA products (I have a PX5 system) have noticed your passion to innovate, GSA's business practices seem to be somewhat inconsistent. When investing as much money as these simulators cost, most of us want to know there is a solid business behind the products that will provide support, listen to our ideas and fix the issues we find in a timely manner - preferably for a long, long time. There are a lot of passionate people about golf simulators in this forum too. We may not have your technical expertise, but we do know what we want in a golf simulator. It you take what you read in these forums to heart, and use your passion to find creative solutions to the issues we have with their own sims (GSA or another supplier), I think it could help you take GSA to a whole new level. I love my PX5, but I know it can be better. I'm sure the same can be said for other GSA products. Most of your efforts seem to go into hardware. I get that, because I am a mechanical engineer, and that is the fun stuff to work on. But the realism and game play is in the software. For example, that small tweak you just made with the chipping launch angle was like night and day for me. For the two years of owning my system chipping, to put it mildly, sucked. Now is much more realistic and playing a full round of golf is a true joy. The problem is that it took two years. Please read the forum and do what you can to address our concerns. I think you will find that will do as much for your business (and passion) as anything you can do with hardware development, at least for the member of this forum.

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    Can I suggest you just start a wish list here.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    No need for a wish list. I have had the pleasure of spending some time with Martin here in Naples and been able to get the LX as well as th CX3. A full review will come. I must say, I really enjoyed hanging out with Martin. I have a new found respect for him. I probably am the only one here that has tried th LXPro. For now, I really hope Martin the best. He is very, very close with these products.

6 Iron tman is on a distinguished road
    What about the LX Surrond. That's the one I would like to see come out especially if its anything like the about golf system. To be able to hang up one bar and get all one needs would be great. Only worry I have is it comes out I buy it and spend 6 months updating and doing all the test work for Martin.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Don't expect the LX surround any time soon. He is working in the LX Elite and Crossfire.

Bubba,

Looking forward to your review. In kit form the price of the LX Pro is quite tempting.

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    Bubba can you get Martin to appoint you PR consultant and do all (or do none!) of his updates on website.........

Lob Wedge Pait0001 is on a distinguished road
    Bubba, did you get around to writing that full review yet?

Thread Information