100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 65 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 61 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 1946
    Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    No proof the LX works consistently indoors and outdoors. He says orders have been shipping. Almost caught up with preorders, etc.. Yet, no single user questions or reviews here.

Why would anybody pay $5K for an LX, which still requires a computer to function, while they can pick up a used GC2(no computer needed) for less than $5k? And we all know the GC2 works.

He actually raised GSA golf from $799 to $1999. Good luck selling anything from now on....

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    So agree. Why is Martin doing this?

Playing Winter Rules mmlincon is on a distinguished road
    Makes the ProTee that much more appealing. You get all the courses and the new ones included. BTW, I know of no GGS users who have received the latest batch of GSA courses. And I know of a few who have repeatedly asked for them... Now a price increase? For what? Have you gotten online play working? NO Have you added slope indicators on green? NO Prices go down, not up unless there is added value - where is it?

Yup, charging $100 for that course pack when he could have easily put them up for download for free, made no sense. It would have been rewarding for his loyal customers, but instead, it made him look desperate.

Only two real reasons why you would raise prices like that:

Perhaps, the LX is the real deal and has the accuracy and consistency to compete with the GC2. Demand will be very high so you try to cash in.

Or, it has become too difficult to get the LX to work accurately. Maybe you're trying to do too much with these cameras? You raised prices to crazy levels to hopefully chase all interests away and let the LX have a quiet and never ending hibernation? The ADX suffered a similar fate....

You must be crazy to drop 5k on a machine that has not had 1 review or in fact 1 video showing its capability or lack of. Then again, maybe some folks would!

LOL!!! Oct 11th news is gone and has been replaced by Oct 12th news.

Price of the LX is now $3999. Fluctuating like the stock market. One day up, next day down. HAhahahahah....

LMAO!!!!! Even on the site there are different prices in the different sections. Not very well organized!!!

8 Iron p3prouser is on a distinguished road
    So I actually emailed martin friday night after finding out about the price increase aaying it was a bad idea. I actually emailed me back saturday morning. Said price increase is just the recommended retail price cause resellers wanted it to be higher. But the old price still stands when buying direct. So no real price increase.
    Also recommended posting test results and video of the lx in action so we can see it accurately works. Said videos will be posted soon. We will see I guess

The price jumping is rediculous. I have been requesting an LX video from Martin for 3 years now.

"videos will be posted soon" So, what is that? 3 year window? I'd love to see some videos of it in action though

It's been 3 yrs asking mm. Taking and uploading a YouTube video is nothing now a days. Just use a darn cell phone and you can 1 touch upload videos.

Akrobby
    I'm so glad I found this website. My golf simulator room is in the very early planning / visualization stages. I have an unfinished basement that will eventually house a simulator. I was looking at the GSA website, and everything looked really cool online. Didn't realize this too was all just conceptual. I have already learned a great deal from reading the postings here. It will be probably a year or so until we have the basement finished, so I have plenty of time to plan the right system.

Ak make sure you read and ask, ask , ask questions. GSA, beware my fiend!!!!

Akrobby
    Absolutely, I'm very good about research before jumping into something. This site has already been a huge help, and will be in the upcoming planning stages.

Cool. Welcome aboard!

3 Iron bruthru is on a distinguished road
    Hey guys give Mr. Martin a break. He has learned that he needs outside help to both build, sell and support the LX product. As I stated in earlier threads it cost real money do all this. He is learning that VARs are adding restrictions should he decide to sell direct as well as use outside channels going forward. Its not easy to bring a golf launch monitor to market without a strong internal and external organizations behind the effort. Maybe now people will better understand why the GC2 cost as much as it does.

Also it good that Mr. Martin has change who the LX reads the ball from a single circular ring to multi ball markings.

So cheers should go out to Mr. Martin. I think he finally now has a viable product for the market place.

Par POESTER is on a distinguished road
    How can anyone think Martin has a viable product? That is B.S... I think Martin used customers to raise $ for R&D. He lied. When that $ wasn't enough he scammed ohers. Even if the LX works, based on Martin's treatment of customers for all his products and functionality of all his other camera systems. Remember, he hasn't fixed them yet. How can you believe he has a viable product? How a out you buy one and let us now how it works. But I know you were just joking.

I can only imagine the technical problems that will come with going the LX route if it ever surfaces. Having a group of testers such as mm or ZMax etc. would have probably had this thing up and working already. So once again, giving a shout out.... "any one actually buy the LX and can comment on its validity"?????

October 13 2013 pm

LX Pro
    Installation instructions
    More updates on the LX operating and installation instructions completed this afternoon. Looks really cool I think.

So Martin has built tested and shipped all but a few? How did all those people figure out how to install and fine tune? o wait, Skype. There bubba, proof its viable.o

O ya martin has a fix for the LS cam. But doesn't say how to do it for the LX. O wait, that's because the LX line scan cam is perfect (and different) NOT!

I hear ya Poe!

I just cant understand how orders are flying off the shelf yet not 1 person has commented on the LX units! http://www.gsagolf.com/technical_news.htm

He's got to be lying. How do people spend that kind of money on something without proof or reviews showing that it works. And if you do just a little bit of searching on Google for the LX, you will find this site.

Where's that video of the LX working indoors/outdoors?

7 Wood Msuzippy is on a distinguished road
    I'm not sure why anyone in their right mind would come to this site to talk about their LX given the abject hate for GGS that's spewed here on a daily basis. I know I wouldn't.

Interesting thought Msuzpy. I am sure we would treat any GSA LX user like a celebrity if they post about their unit. So for those GSA users out there afraid to post, you have my guarantee we will treat you well.

Geez, with as hot as the LX is you'd think it would've been done two years ago. Who knew? Oh, that's right Zmax and me knew. We told him that much two years ago! Instead he focused on the club cam that doesn't work even though he had a "prototype" of the LX in Germany. Oh and there was the ADC, whatever happened to that? Hell, since I'm getting every sim out there might as we'll add the LX and give it a review. When time allows of course. Hopefully, we'll get some brave sole on here who'll write up a review before than.

Quote Originally Posted by Msuzippy View Post
    I'm not sure why anyone in their right mind would come to this site to talk about their LX given the abject hate for GGS that's spewed here on a daily basis. I know I wouldn't.
    I could see that. BUT, I don't see how this thread would suppress the entire internet. If there was as many out as GSA says there would be a review. The owner of the LX had to use the internet to buy it. Yet no reviews not even on GSA. That's like saying, 100% of LX owners did no research and or knowing there were no reviews prior to there purchase feel no need to post anything anywhere obout there purchase.

We're gearing up to do a series of videos that demonstrate the capabilities of the LX Pro next week.

Just do it already. B4 you go to bed. Use your phone its not that hard.

I would rather see a review from an LX customer cuz Martin well he's Martin.

Yeah, some third party videos would be ideal. I'd still like to see the "edited" versions though. Theoretically everything should match up but it's Martin so who knows. I'm pretty sure the LX can get enough data to launch a ball in GSA. The big question is can it do it consistently.

3 Wood Frans@france is on a distinguished road
    just saw a fox 35 clip where the flightscope x1 was mentioned to start selling from jan 2014 onwards for 2500,- That would be the end of the LX

That's the funny thing. Since there is no real * overhead the price point of 2500 for the LX is still profitable. Does flightscope have simulation?

Thread Information