CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 65 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 ... LastLast
    In the Zone syhlif32 is on a distinguished road
    It is not clear which type of connections it is using? Serial/usb or Bluetooth?
    For outdoor use it would be very unpractical to have to plug in a laptop to get shot information!

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by syhlif32 View Post
    It is not clear which type of connections it is using? Serial/usb or Bluetooth?
    For outdoor use it would be very unpractical to have to plug in a laptop to get shot information!

Good questions. I would only imagine that it would have both usb and bluetooth. Otherwise impractical as you say. A lot more info is needed on this potential product.

3 Wood northgolf is on a distinguished road
    Update on the LX page:

"GSA LX series launch monitors will be available mid/end May 2012."

not surprising. Want to place odds on it being June? I am still hoping for end of May.

Playing Winter Rules mmlincon is on a distinguished road
    It sounds like the GSA software update for spin will coincide with the release of the LX. That is "this month".

Putter nab777 is on a distinguished road

Has this been released?

Wondering if this is out and who are thinking of getting this?

Pitching Wedge WERX is on a distinguished road
    The LX2 has gone trough another physical hardware change.

It is now, a sideway camera instead of overhead.

Sand Wedge mjbcfc is on a distinguished road
    I've been emailing Martin about the LX because it seems the only option for me due to limited space (I can easily swing a club but don't have much distance from ball to screen). His latest reply earlier today stated that he currently has a lot of time which he will utilise by finally completing the testing of the LX (he emphasised the word finally himself in the email).

I've also noticed that he has changed the details on the site which a few days ago stated a release date of May/June however since his email today it now simply states May. I for one like to think of myself as an optimist and so despite the previous deadlines for the release of the LX not being met I am hoping that Martin comes through with the latest release date particularly considering his response to my latest email.

Good luck with it Martin! Hope it works out (for both of us).

I too am waiting on the LX. I hope Martin does meet the end of May timeline, as I will be in Tampa in mid-june and if he has it completed then I will take the opportunity to go to Naples and see it before buying it.

I like the change to the LX2 - now I might actually consider it.

Putter nab777 is on a distinguished road
    I too am waiting for this. I did have a conversation a few days ago and was informed of the same thing, that the testing phase is on and if goes well then the release should be soon. He did mention that the camera for these units are on backorder until sometime early June.

Martin seems to have updated the LX page again, he's got some added info and some new pictures of some of the previously mentioned addons that will be available (mini PC, 7" monitor, battery pack for outdoor use). He's also updated the release date from May back to May/June.

Its also worth noting that there is now the option to buy the LX2 (the club tracker) but no option for the LX1 yet (the ball tracker).

I think all of this added info outwieghs the slight setback in release date info (think we knew June was more likely anyway). Getting really excited now, only good thing about the wait is that it has given me loads of time to properly research the best setup for me in terms of projector, impact screen, side protection etc.

Here's the link: http://www.golfsimfactory.com/LXSetup.html

Do you really think it will be ready by June?

Oh, that is just hard to say. I see the "was free unmarked ball upgrade" is now going to be a "low cost upgrade". Wonder how he's going to control that? Firmware update? Eh, at this point I want the GSA update that uses spin so I can test it. Until I see how well that works I'm going to hold off on anything else.

I assume that same upgrade mm will apply for the spin cam as well as the LX? How is the spin cam coming mm? As well club cam?

I haven't messed with it. Until GSA uses the data I'm not going to bother. It is golf season after all. The GSA update is supposed to be available when the LX comes out.

So true mm. Keep us posted with the changes ad they happen. You are the resident expert here with the GSA gear.

Well, I am still hoping he hits an early June date so I can see it when I am in FLA in mid June.

Well I got an email from Protee advising that their setup might not be best suited to the space I have available (I can easily swing a driver but they were concerened with the room available for the cameras). With this in mind my options are dwindling which is why I'm really hoping the LX is released soon and why I'm staying optimistic with the June release date haha.

All this golf sim excitement these last few weeks have blinded me, completely forgot that I've got a proper game of real golf to look forward to tomorrow lol. Although its currently raining here so still extremely excitied about my future golf sim career!

Ace goatbarn is on a distinguished road
    I have about 9.5' from tee to screen, protee works more than fine.

That's weird mm. What exactly is your space?

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by mmlincon View Post
    Oh, that is just hard to say. I see the "was free unmarked ball upgrade" is now going to be a "low cost upgrade". Wonder how he's going to control that? Firmware update? Eh, at this point I want the GSA update that uses spin so I can test it. Until I see how well that works I'm going to hold off on anything else.
    I read the upgrade was something to do with the flash unit which is how the GC2 operates.

Looks like it is middle top of the LX. Units shipping may have a dummy and you swap in/out.

Martin has released some further info about the LX in the 'Technical News' section of the site, its an interesting read because he goes through the development/testing progress of the product as of 19th May by explaining what has been tested and what is awaiting final testing etc. He also mentioned a production date of 10th June.

Here's the link: http://www.golfsimfactory.com/technical_news.htm

The first section of info about the LX is the same however if you scroll down to 'System Updates and Development News' section under the heading '19th May 2012 - GSA LX Development Stage' then you'll find the info I'mposting about.

Ace wbealsd is on a distinguished road
    This is getting VERY interesting! I've been SOLD on Protee for quite some time. It's still the choice it I had to buy today. Fortunately, I don't have to make my decision today and this is getting interesting!

I know you all seem optimistic but do you all know the track record of Martins promises? I really hope it comes through.

True, I've seen that the LX has been delayed for last 12 or so months now however all the testing info he's released indicates that he's at least now fully focusing all his attention on the LX (which from what I gathered from this forum is the main reason why the LX hasn't yet seen production).

He's also given another quick update yesterday regarding spin detection, it's not as interesting as the previous entry on the 19th however as stated above atleast it is showing that he is devoting all his time now on testing the LX (see below):

21st. May. 2012
    GSA LX development stage
    Tests today showed that the system works far better with balls without a line mark on them. i.e just the lettering or ball logo is better.
    As nearly all balls have some kind of lettering or logo on them there is no need for the player to place extra marks or lines on the ball.
    All the new LX ball spin detection development will be applied to the current Bcam ball spin camera system by the end of the week.

Bubba,

I know Martin's track record on development. The details he has given on his testing progress makes a June launch sound possible. That said, software and hardware development sometimes throws up issues that destroy the best laid plans.

7 Iron wigalo is on a distinguished road
    I too am looking forward to LX completion. I've been in touch with Martin regarding my modified cx5. He said that he'd have the software upgrade done by week's end. He said that the LX spin program will work with the bcam. He seemed pretty sure in his email. Looking forward to having my sim fully functional.
    Last edited by wigalo; 05-23-2012 at 09:40 AM.

More updates from Martin on his site (see link below), apparently the 2 IR matrix lamps aren't adequate engouh to fully light the ball up so he's added 2 more to the prototype (he's also updated the picture of the LX to show these extra 2 lights). It seems a bit weird that it has taken this long to discover this problem however at least we're still seeing some progress.

http://www.golfsimfactory.com/technical_news.htm

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    Dare I ask how the GC2 gets away with one IR flash and the LX looks like it will be a Christmas tree of them? Better camera?

I'd imagine the camera is a lot better on the GC2, or atleast I'd hope so for 3 times the price of the LX1. Martin hinted that more than 4 lamps might be required which will mean having external lamps (he states that the max the LX can power is 8, therefore 4 internal and 4 external) I hope that it doesn't come to that therefore I'd be happy with the 4 because they'll all be internal, if he starts adding external lamps then I might rethink my options.

7 Iron wigalo is on a distinguished road
    A little disappointed...nothing from Martin on the Spin upgrade.
    Last edited by wigalo; 05-25-2012 at 09:10 PM.

Thread Information