100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 ... LastLast
    7 Wood dvshx is on a distinguished road
    okay... bumping this thread. I am interested in the LX system. Price??? Release
    Date??? Any info would help

3 Wood northgolf is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by dvshx View Post
    okay... bumping this thread. I am interested in the LX system. Price??? Release
    Date??? Any info would help
    +1

My concern with the LX is that is may be one of Martin's projects that get stuck in the future.

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Martin will go where the demand is. Perhaps he doesn't think there is enough interest in the LX. Please call or email him and let him know that you're interested.

As for the price, I don't really know what the base LX unit will cost but the current OEM price for each camera is $1400(might actually be $1000). When buying multiple cameras for the LX, the price could possibly be lower. PX5 owners would only need to buy the base unit + 2 additional cameras. You won't need to buy GSA golf again.

I called Martin today to inquire about LX systems. He said it should be out by the end of this summer. There is already a prototype test unit. Each camera would be around $1400.

I called Martin today to inquire about LX systems. He said it should be out by the end of this summer. There is already a prototype test unit. Each camera would be around $1400.
    He told me the same. Earlier in the Spring, his OEM cameras were on sale for $1000.

Did he say that he was working on it now?

will begin the final phase in June and the product should be completed around the summer time.

i don't get the OEM cameras, what are the components that are
    not included compare to non oem??

will begin the final phase in June and the product should be completed around the summer time.

i don't get the OEM cameras, what are the components that are
    not included compare to non oem??
    Retail cameras include USB and trigger cables, mounting fixtures, and lens. with OEM, you get just the camera and the lens. The trigger cable is easy to make if you know how to solder.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    I hope Martin comes through with the LX. It has huge potential and just what is needed for a portable sim/launch monitor like the GC2. Lets keep our fingers crossed. I will email him again as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ZMax View Post
    Retail cameras include USB and trigger cables, mounting fixtures, and lens. with OEM, you get just the camera and the lens. The trigger cable is easy to make if you know how to solder.
    Isn't the LX supposed to be a self contained unit?

Quote Originally Posted by northgolf View Post
    Isn't the LX supposed to be a self contained unit?
    Yes, the LX is a self contained unit. But the cameras are interchangeable with the ones in the PX4/5 systems. The LX can work with just one camera for LA. You can add cameras, up to 4, for a full functioning LX.

The LX series launch monitors are all you need to play. Super easy setup. Can be used as a golf simulator or as launch monitor on the driving range.
    System is completely self contained, requires no in-floor installation or additional lighting when used as a golf simulator.
    Features 1 to 4 cameras, single USB connection to PC, IR ball sensor trigger for indoor use, microphone trigger for outdoor use, high power strobe LED.
    Complete with ProX and GSA Golf software.
    For outdoor use, the optional extra built in processing unit (mini PC with Windows 7) , monitor and power pak can be attached.
    Advantages compared to other manufacturer's launch monitors:
    1. The GSA LX launch monitor is modular! This means that the entry price is low and you can add cameras and features as the need and budget allows.

2. The processing unit is a real Windows 7 PC in mini form.
    3. The display is a full color touch screen monitor in mini form

My thinking is that, when using the LX with your GGS simulator(or as a stand alone unit), it will provide all the ball measurements to GSAinterface for GSA golf(on your PC). Club data will come from the PX2 if you have it, but not needed.

For outdoor use, you will need the optional miniPC and touch screen.

Exactly Z.

Z-

The economics of the LX is going to be buried in the details, especially when you start adding in the touch screen, mini pc, ...
    I would like it to be competitive with the GC2 - I'm just going to have to wait on the details. My suspicion is that being a first run it is not going to be price competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by northgolf View Post
    Z-

The economics of the LX is going to be buried in the details, especially when you start adding in the touch screen, mini pc, ...
    I would like it to be competitive with the GC2 - I'm just going to have to wait on the details. My suspicion is that being a first run it is not going to be price competitive.
    You might very well be right about the hardware, but don't forget that GSA golf, now with 75 courses, is a heck of a lot cheaper than the GC2 full course package(which is basically the same as GSA). I recall that a GC2 course package of 10 retailed for $1000?

If the price is not competitive to the GC2 than it won't sell. I have an idea on what it should cost and I won't buy it if it's too far from that.

Like bubba22, I hope that Martin finds time to work on the LX.

does anybody have any info to share regarding VX-2?

Putter irealgolf is on a distinguished road
    I called Martin On Sep, LX maybe release on 2012, the faster!

1 Iron FaultyClubs is on a distinguished road
    The LX is certainly interesting. Nice alternative to the Foresight GC2. Accurate, compact, easy setup and indoor/outdoor. Sounds great!

But website now says release in May 2012. I think last summer it was due out last summer.... Anyone know if it is actually being worked on or current status?

his website has been saying May 2012 for about 5 months now. The LX has a lot potential. Problem is Martin apparently doesn't think so, otherwise it would have been finished by now. He appears to be experimenting with a different spin measuring method. Who knows when it will be finish, if ever.

Just noticed that Martin has pricing on the LX now.

LX1 = $1999 21 ProX courses
    LX2 = $2499 21 ProX courses

$999 for 85 GSA courses.

Not sure what the difference is between the two, but it appears that he has reduced the amount of cameras to just two.

1 Iron FaultyClubs is on a distinguished road
    I emailed Martin and asked for status. He mentioned that it is their highest priority now and he expects to go into production within a month. So we'll see...

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyClubs View Post
    I emailed Martin and asked for status. He mentioned that it is their highest priority now and he expects to go into production within a month. So we'll see...
    Remains to be seen for sure. I would not hold your breath!! Great if it happens though.

Ace wbealsd is on a distinguished road
    Interesting, that's for sure!

Playing Winter Rules mmlincon is on a distinguished road
    LX1 has 1 camera and captures ball launch angle, speed, path.

LX2 has 2 cameras and captures ball launch angle, speed, path, spin and spin axis.

LX4 has 4 cameras to additionally detect club data

I think we maybe waiting for a GSA update on this and the ball spin camera. I did some brief testing with the new spin cameras software in the control panel. I only hit a few shots with a driver and 7 iron. I didn't spend a lot of time with dialing in the exposures, but I was able to get spin data on most shots. Spin numbers looked pretty good ( driver 2600 rpm, 7 iron 8000 rpm - don't remember exactly what the axis rates were, but they looked reasonable ) Really it's going to be interesting to see what this does to ball flight in GSA and not being able to see the results was a little boring which is why I didn't mess with it very long. I have some trackman data that was collected from pga and lpga that I was using for comparison and I was impressed. So, the big remain IF here is how the ball will behave in GSA and just how much longer we must wait. I think it's very close.

Yup, sounds like Martin is really close with the spin cam and the LX. The price of the LX2 plus GSA is amazing.

Btw, in your test with the spin cam, do you remember what shutter speed you used and was this just with the standard overhead light?

Thanks

I started out with 80 micro-seconds and it worked fine with the 7 iron. I had to turn it down to 55 for the driver. I also had to open the aperture up on the lens as compared to the club cam. I think I have a 75w overhead light with 10 degree beam. It really has no problem freezing the frame. I didn't get this setup perfectly, but since it was just a quick test I wasn't that concerned about it. Incidentally you get a great view of the club face just after impact which is interesting and cool.

Yeah, the pricing on the LX is awesome. I might just pick one up for range work and to play with it. Not all that excited about swapping cameras all around but who knows - I'd have that option. Watch out GC2!

I truly hope he's getting close. The GC2 could use some competition to bring prices down. If only he had listened to us and finished the LX last summer as promised.

Sounds great mmlincon. I am more interested in the spin axis and how accurate that is. Can you post some screenshots of the driver and 7 iron showing the spin (total) and spin axis tilt as well as sidespin.

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    That would be my luck, pay for the GC2 and Martin releases the LX at one quarter of the price and it works.......

I hate to add CPA but Protee are also looking at a spin cam above as well as a side launch monitor. Not sure when they will be available but things look close.

Ace wbealsd is on a distinguished road
    While I'm fortunate enough, I don't have to make a final purchasing decisions today, given the fact we're dealing with computer driven technology, there's always going to be something new, enhanced or less expensive coming along in a fairly short time. I just want to feel like I get the "best available for ME" when I make the purchase. That's really the best any of us can do. The downside of not making a purchase NOW, or even last year is: I've been anticipating having a simulator for months now and I still don't have one! =|;0-)

Quote Originally Posted by bubba22 View Post
    Sounds great mmlincon. I am more interested in the spin axis and how accurate that is. Can you post some screenshots of the driver and 7 iron showing the spin (total) and spin axis tilt as well as sidespin.
    If I mess with it again I'll grab some screen shots. It's not super easy to switch over and the tee position isn't fixed since I'm just placing the ball behind the club trigger and using it as a ball trigger. I also have to adjust the lens. I really just tried it out to see if it was actually working and it looked pretty good. The side spin and axis looked good and was close to the trackman data, obviously there were variances but the ratios seemed pretty good. The numbers are one thing, it's the actual ball flight characteristics in the Sim Software that I'm interested in.

Thread Information