CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 65 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 61 ... LastLast
    Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Any others have some questions for Martin on the LX for Poe to ask?

3 Iron HRS is on a distinguished road
    There is no appreciable delay with wait for spin on.

Thanks HRS. I knew that. Just wanted some feedback from the GC2 users so Martin can take another approach besides concentrating on the GC2 so called delay time. Martin needs to know that it is not true.

Par POESTER is on a distinguished road
    I will ask .: is there any beta testers?

Quote Originally Posted by HRS View Post

How much time roughly? Miliseconds or 1 or 2 seconds

Playing Winter Rules mmlincon is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by HRS View Post
    If there is no delay what is the purpose of the setting? There must be some level of latency for this setting to exist.

Good question mm.

I really home the LX works. Lets put it in perspective though, it will be no different than the old Vector or the Impactra etc launch monitors. Here is some bed time reading for those who don't remember or know of those units. http://www.accusport.com/files/docum...%20English.pdf , http://www.swingfit.se/contents/sv/I...Full%20(4).pdf , http://www.swingfit.se/contents/sv/I...0Eng%20(2).pdf . This concept he is trying has been done before, even before the GC2. I don't think the unit will be much different than these ones!

Well cameras and processing has improved quite a bit since those products were released. Lest not forget that the LX can be combined with the H and V camera combinations. This really allows it to use only the ball spin from the LX. The ball speed, launch and path can be measured from the other cams. This should put it in a different league. Theoretically, this would be more accurate than any club measure method that's out there now. We are all aware of their limitations and even still they work fairly well.

True be that mm. I am not sure the camera sophistication is much better in the LX than the Vector. I do agree that the LX will be able to be combined with other cameras, which is nice. Most probably will use or want to use the LX as a stand alone unit. My point is that spin measurement with launch monitors is not new!

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by bubba22 View Post
    Good question about the pics needed. We debated this in the original GSA thread a while back. Correct me if I am wrong Z, but we came to the conclusion that ideally 2 shots taken in flight but a still shot followed by 1 shot in flight may work?
    I would like to see 2 captures in flight but 1 in flight compared to 1 on the ground can work. Somebody posted a patent a while back that might have led to the GC2 suggested 2 or more captures were be taken after impact. Aboutgolf also claims to use multiple captures of the ball in flight.

Martins more powerful IR flash units should allow his Chameleon cameras in the LX to capture the ball in flight at a very low shutter speed. So, while 1 capture can be enough, will it be enough to give the LX the same accuracy as the GC2? And keep in mind that the GC2 is NOT the holy grail of accuracy.

mmlincon, did you see Martin's comments in the Oct 10th tech news? He said a new GSA golf that uses spin from the spin cam or LX is now available. Have you tried it yet?
    Last edited by ZMax; 10-13-2012 at 08:39 PM.

O u talkin spin.
    But what make GC2 diff if they so secret?

Good question mm.
    I really home the LX works. Lets put it in perspective though, it will be no different than the old Vector or the Impactra etc launch monitors. Here is some bed time reading for those who don't remember or know of those units. http://www.accusport.com/files/docum...%20English.pdf , http://www.swingfit.se/contents/sv/I...Full%20(4).pdf , http://www.swingfit.se/contents/sv/I...0Eng%20(2).pdf . This concept he is trying has been done before, even before the GC2. I don't think the unit will be much different than these ones!
    Last edited by POESTER; 10-13-2012 at 09:17 PM.

Im a little confuse. Is the LX in the GC2 Catagory o rvector catagory asa far as accuracy? Any GC2 owners please post spec comparisons to LX on GSA tech page. I nknow its just paper comparison but with no side by side its all we got for now

The cameras are not less powerfull, in fact they are similair to the other cams he uses. Remember that the launch unit is closer to the ball (inches to few feet) vs ceiling mounted that are 10 feet or more away. Martin is using a high powered strobe and the cams at a very fast shutter speed (2 us) to allow the ball to be captured. The biggest question has always been how many captures he is getting and how is he determining the most important thing, spin and spin axis!!! Getting speed and launch as well as horizontal azumuth is easy, although with all (including the GC2) side placed launch monitors there is a debate as to how accurate they measure horizontal azumuth!

Hard to say about the accuracy of the LX. The GC2 is nice in that it measures spin from dimple pattern. There is debate as to what's more accurate, measuring spin from dimples vs a line or logo. I think measuring from a line is more accurate. The problem with the vector has always been it integration to the simulation software especially with putting. I think Martin is developing the LX to act as the GC2 in allowing all aspects of simulation. Whether it is as accurate is the real question!

so all GSA cams are pretty much the same. I know this is a very soar subject, but are GSA cams very accurate and what was the conclusion on past problems? whas it software, camera or syncing both?

The GSA cams are ok. They are able to display a very low shutter speed but need good light or a good flash. That was probably the big issue at 10 feet with the overhead spin cam. At the LX distance that is less of an issue.

Ace wbealsd is on a distinguished road
    I'm not yet in a position to confirm latency using the GC2 for simulation since I've only used it on the range so far, as my building is still a work in progress (all sides are up, electrical installation scheduled for Monday, then the insulation and interior walls), building should be complete before the end of the month.

3 Iron HRS is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by POESTER View Post
    How much time roughly? Miliseconds or 1 or 2 seconds
    Less than a second. The ball flies into the net and then an eyeblink later you see the track. There is a slight delay but it's really not of any significance. It's not like you have time to finish the shot, put the club down, check your email and eat a sandwich before you see the ball track as you would think from the LX marketing.

Thanks HRS:...Noted and will ask Martin what the ?

7 Iron wigalo is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMax View Post
    mmlincon, did you see Martin's comments in the Oct 10th tech news? He said a new GSA golf that uses spin from the spin cam or LX is now available. Have you tried it yet?
    Z- It's me with the modified cx-5 (optical sensor instead of LS cam). If you remember, I purchased my system with the expressed written understanding that the Ball spin cam was ready for showtime...just needed a software update that was a few weeks out. (I placed my order in march).

Well the spin cam has never worked. I haven't sweated it too much because we were in season. Well the rain is back so I've attempted to get my gear dialed in.

Problem #1. The software update turned into needing an additional piece of hardware. I was offered a discount, but the flash module cost wasn't in my calculations when I was making my buying decision.

#2. I have downloaded the latest update, and now my security dongle is not recognized. As such I'm not sure if the spin cam will work even with the new flash module or not.

My problem is that I'm in now, so I would like for my spin cam to work, I just don't want to be the Guiney Pig that has to keep spending money and the dang thing won't work as advertised.

I will tell u that he is coming out with some great ideas. (-affordable line scan cam(if I can confirm that it works, I will be getting rid of my 4' tx optical sensor (does anyone need one for cheap), infrared lights to replace halogen to get rid of screen wash)

Once Im satisfied that all is working, I won't mind spending a little more to get things dialed in.
    Last edited by wigalo; 10-14-2012 at 06:16 PM.

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDM09ooZwfI

This is the YouTube video I pasted to show the delay. Looks like wait for spin is ON.

Quote Originally Posted by wigalo View Post
    Z- It's me with the modified cx-5 (optical sensor instead of LS cam). If you remember, I purchased my system with the expressed written understanding that the SX cam was ready for showtime...just needed a software update that was a few weeks out. (I placed my order in march).

Well the spin cam has never worked. I haven't sweated it too much because we were in season. Well the rain is back so I've attempted to get my gear dialed in.

Problem #1. The software update turned into needing an additional piece of hardware. I was offered a discount, but the flash module cost wasn't in my calculations when I was making my buying decision.

#2. I have downloaded the latest update, and now my security dongle is not recognized. As such I'm not sure if the spin cam will work even with the new flash module or not.
    Can you look at the GSA.exe file(in GSA golf folder) and tell me the last modified date?

Have you at least gotten the spin cam to work in GSAcontrol panel? With the flash modules?

I take it you have the other cams(LA-cam, H-cam, and club cam) to work so you can use the simulator while you wait for the spin cam?

Can you look at the GSA.exe file(in GSA golf folder) and tell me the last modified date?

Have you at least gotten the spin cam to work in GSAcontrol panel? With the flash modules?

I take it you have the other cams(LA-cam, H-cam, and club cam) to work so you can use the simulator while you wait for the spin cam?
    Not to hijack this thread but the last mod date of the exe file is 10/10/12.

And no I haven't been able to get the spin cam to work. Up until this revision, I could see the spin cam in the camera setup page, but it could not be set up per instructions. I would like to assume that it works now, but can't confirm since my new exe file won't work. And at this point I'm reluctant to buy anything else unless I know that it works first. Accordingly, I have NOT purchased the flash module.

Finally, I do have the LA and H cams. See my other posts regarding my problems calibrating the ccam to get accurate club head speeds. (smash factors not even close to accurate)

Now that the weather has changed I plan on getting my system working (if it will in fact work). I'll be sure to keep everyone posted good, bad or indifferent.

Perhaps I misread your first post. GSA golf is working fine but GSAcontrolpanel.exe(10/10/12) is not working due to the security dongle issue? Can you please open up a new thread? And please explain the spin cam setup issues. I can send you some older GSAcontrolpanel files if you need it.

Good idea ZMax. I would also like that Wigalo because the LX spin workings will probably be similair to the ceiling mounted spin cam. The setup is obviously different.

Zmax After re reading my post, it probably wasn't really clear on what I was trying to convey. In a nutshell, you are correct in that the control panel is where I'm having the problem.

I've sent Martin an email, but will start a new thread with my issues. It will be more of a cut and paste because I've voiced them all before, but I'll consolidate them all in one location.

Also Z, I'll pm you with an address to send an old control panel exe file. I prolly won't hear from Martin til Monday, but would like to start digging in to my issues again.

Thx.

And Bubba ur correct. I was really excited when Martin started devoting so much time to the LX cause I knew that it would pay dividends for my spin cam. I'm hopeful...

Do start a new thread Wig. My fear is that the LX may run the same course as the spin/club cams etc that have been released but not quite ready!!!

delay

Quote Originally Posted by wigalo View Post
    And Bubba ur correct. I was really excited when Martin started devoting so much time to the LX cause I knew that it would pay dividends for my spin cam. I'm hopeful...
    50mph winds and rain no LX yet Caddie shack moment comin. The front 9 should play to my natual draw.

My simulator is torn down at the moment. I did try it briefly setting the spin manually and I believe it took it. The launch angle wasn't though and I pretty much stopped there. I'll have to give it another go.

I'm looking at a rebuild of the sim so I'm probably gonna go with the LX to see how it does.

Thread Information