CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LX Pro

Lob Wedge Tray is on a distinguished road

LX Pro

Hello all,

i am new and this is my first post, so don't hate me for this,

i have been reading all the post that i could find in regards to the GSA LX lite and Pro LM, basically i can see that this unit has had a lot of problems in the past there is no denying it, but most of these threads are older that contain the problems, with that being said there are a couple that have been updated in the last month regarding the new MOD B that is a part of the LX Pro, and i know one guy actually had it now scheadj i think his name is (sorry if i didn't spell that correct), i know that he has had some major problems with his, the story is really remarkable.

does this thing work now?
    has anyone bought a new one in the last month?
    if so how is it working now?

i will take anything i can get as it's a viable option for me as i can't afford the GC2

thanks so much!

8 Iron DFDubb is on a distinguished road
    There are other viable options that have been proven to work. I'm sure I wont be the only one to advise to steer clear.

Sand Wedge pappy64 is on a distinguished road
    Hi, i'm in the same boat looking for something similar. If anyone has any other options or ideas I would be interested to know as well. I found a Vector Pro but it was an old model before auto focus lenses and otherwise can't find many options!?

I know people have said to steer clear and i know that i am beating a dead horse here, and i know the whole get what you pay for, the GC2 has been rated from a lot of people as one of the top options, i just don't have the 6-11k that i have seen it at to buy one, i just thought hey the LX Pro is like $2500 for the unit, i think that the lite is $1200, at that price you can't go wrong as long as it actually works i knwo plug and play with this unit is used very loose and one has to configure it and set it up, as a guy with next to no tech skills i worry i wont be able to make it work are all the GSA product crap beside the Px5? which seems to be the only one anyone likes, i have so many questions this is not the right forum for a lot of this trying to find a nice simulator that i can afford has been a tiresome act

thanks,

Tray, you and I are in the exact same boat.... I am really not sure what to do. I just actually emailed GSA asking about the LX monitors and seeing what info they could give me. Id like a flightscope or something but yea no way to justify the 6k+ price on those !

hey pappy,

thought this would help you out a bit too, a lot of people on here have been talking about the Protee golf simulator so i did a little bit of research in it and checked out a test video done by corey at Par2Pro you can get a cmplete package off the website for about $5995.00 which is too much for me, but if you piece it together it's not that bad:

base sensor pad = $3353.00
    LA camera = $279.00
    hitting mat i can build myself for cheap,
    the screen i have to more research on but i have seen them go for about 150-300 bucks
    projector - ebay anywhere from 80-300 bucks

after it's all said your looking at anywhere from $3800 - 4300 which is not too bad, maybe i am way off here and have just convinced myself this is a better way to go but the protee base sensor system comes with a ton of features:

Real 3D graphics engine
    Stunning graphical effects
    Zero load times between holes
    Real-time passing of time
    100+ courses available out of the box
    Realistic physics engine
    Widescreen & 3 screen surround support
    HD Screen resolutions
    Multi-language: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Korean, Vietnamese & Chinese
    Play online and offline with up to 8 players in a flight
    Full swing analysis displayed after every shot
    Green grid and aiming poles
    Play against the computer
    Longest Drive and Nearest Pin
    Advanced practice modes
    Course and Hole flyby's
    Automatic software update distribution
    Free product life time updates
    Free remote installation support

hey...
    thanks for the info ! I like the idea, my only concern is I am looking more for ball data.. Ball speed, Ball launch, Side spin, Back Spin etc... a lot of the mat / pads are club data and guesstimate the ball aspects. Does this give you ball specs or club ?

Also, I have no concern with projectors and such... I am MORE THAN HAPPY to play off a laptop screen or to output that to a TV screen etc. Maybe years down the road a projector setup. So I'd be looking at like $3600. Not too bad....

Here lies the big problem though... I can't swing that unless my job gives me a good bonus this year !! lol

This all started with me wanting an optishot at $200... then I saw a Vector Pro for $379... just a little more.. than a Vector Pro that was $600... then I saw the LX Lite for $1200 just a little bit more... than this at $3600.... so a $300 toy to $3000 toy lol...

I need stick to something little more budget friendly because with $3K in golf simulator I wont be able to afford the divorce lawyer ! lol

I like the info though.. even though that rant doesn't sound like it I appreciate it ! ! I have to look into sometime similar I guess.. or just quit dreaming ! lol

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    You need to read more before buying. I met with Martin this time last year. Unit was in th works but not quite ready. I will be seeing him in th next few weeks again. Ther are option out there.

pappy64, don't quote me on this but i think that if you add the vertical launch and horizontal launch camera that will give you ball data, but the pad is all club it seems,

i know what you mean when you say budget friendly i also started with the optishot and then the p3proswing and the the vector and the GSA systems the CX1 is like $1200 as well but it's all club and the LX pro is all ball data which i liked and you can add the club tracking system after if you wanted too, then to the protee and on and on, it's just too bad that the LX series has so many hassles or so it seems otherwise for $1200 for the lite you could be pretty happy i think,

Putter mmoore2084 is on a distinguished road
    bubba22 please keep us informed of what you find out when you talk to Martin. I'm kind of in the same boat, have the optishot which I've come to think is basically crap, and would like something better but I cannot justify the 6k+ expense. I have the enclosure, screen, projector and mat set up so if I could spend 2-3k and get a useful tool I'd do it.

Tray, you mention the hassle on the lx monitors .... I haven't really seen any information on these .. What are the hassles you've heard of with these units ???

there is a post on this forum called GGS LX launch moniters or something like that it's got like 60 something pages going all the way back to 2011, if you go on there you will see a lot of post by schreadj towards the last few pages it's insane what this guy goes through to make his system work, just based on what he said i wouldn't buy one that's why i wanted to know if anyone has bought on recently and if the product has actually changed for the better, if nothing else it's a good read with a ton of information!

Oh ok thanks !! Sorry just started on this forum because I heard there is good sim info and didn't get to that post yet !! Thanks

Par Dax is on a distinguished road
    I agree with what Tray said and you might want to consider sending a pm to schreadj to get his comments. I held off commenting here as I thought he would have given you some info. I would just say that he is a very patient person in terms of this LM. Do your research and ask questions. Happy hunting!

Gap Wedge m3w is on a distinguished road
    At the end of the day, Martin (GSA) is a hobbyist, building "amateur" level simulator products for fun. I don't think any of his LX products will ever be truly polished and fully functional. There's a reason why so many people on this forum are saying to steer clear.

If trustworthy ball data is what you are looking for... Wait a month or two (maybe more?). I'm fairly confident that Protee will be coming out with a low-cost GC2 alternative.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tray View Post
    there is a post on this forum called GGS LX launch moniters or something like that it's got like 60 something pages going all the way back to 2011, if you go on there you will see a lot of post by schreadj towards the last few pages it's insane what this guy goes through to make his system work, just based on what he said i wouldn't buy one that's why i wanted to know if anyone has bought on recently and if the product has actually changed for the better, if nothing else it's a good read with a ton of information!

Glad you found it. read more guys. I will be seeing Martin next few weeks so will keep you posted.

Sand Wedge left72 is on a distinguished road
    My impression from what I read on Martin's Technews and schaedj's experience, we're getting closer to something that is actually usable. In its own category that is. Compared to SkyTrak or GC2 you'll always have to fiddle around with Windows drivers and stuff.

Key question for me is, is the device sufficiently accurate and precise. If Martin (hint hint) could post a live and successful demo of the LX PRo with a TrackMan or GC2 I'll pull the trigger right away ... in lieu of alternatives: GC2 is too expensive, and SkyTrak not available in Europe.

I agree with you left72, if someone could show me that it's a working unit i would have bought it already but noone can actually tell me that they bought it and it works as it should, (without some major mess around), which is why i think that i am going to go with the Flightscope xi, goat barn is trying out the e6 software on the xi here soon, with some positive feedback from him i will be pulling the trigger on that unit, i like what i see from it so far

Putter Petroche is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by m3w View Post
    At the end of the day, Martin (GSA) is a hobbyist, building "amateur" level simulator products for fun. I don't think any of his LX products will ever be truly polished and fully functional. There's a reason why so many people on this forum are saying to steer clear.

If trustworthy ball data is what you are looking for... Wait a month or two (maybe more?). I'm fairly confident that Protee will be coming out with a low-cost GC2 alternative.
    Hi m3w, are you "fairly confident" as you have heard that this is the case or because you believe that Protee should develop a low cost GC2 alternative ?

Gap Wedge m3w is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Petroche View Post
    Hi m3w, are you "fairly confident" as you have heard that this is the case or because you believe that Protee should develop a low cost GC2 alternative ?
    I emailed Protee directly and asked if they were developing a GC2 equivalent. Their response was "We can't answer that right now, but wait a few months."

Putter Petroche is on a distinguished road
    Thanks m3w, I'm waiting to pull the trigger on an indoor setup for an unused office space and was leaning towards Golf Achiever 2, but, this will have me on the fence again. I appreciate your quick response.

Thread Information