100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    70's
    that is great news bubba. I am glad to hear about the success you are having with the pro tee. I hit some balls in the theater room yesterday and put a couple of holes through the screen. I put some padding in front of the screen and the ball went through both padding and the screen. So I will have to move whatever sim I am going to get upstairs and make a new set up. I will show pics of when I get it all set up.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    What is the screen made of 70's? Ther ball went through both the padfding and the screen?

70's
    I had two blue moving blankets in front of the screen. I did not even think the ball was going to get to the screen. I defiantly need to rethink my answer I have everything I need but the sim. I will keep you posted as I am close to getting a set up going.

70's
    I just bought the gc2 and 5 course package. Will get back to you when I get everything set up, bubba zmax they said they are working on a different club tracking system so as soon as I find more out I will get back to you.

Awesome 70's. Give us some feedback when it comes. How much was the unit? What made you go that route?

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by 70's View Post
    I just bought the gc2 and 5 course package. Will get back to you when I get everything set up, bubba zmax they said they are working on a different club tracking system so as soon as I find more out I will get back to you.
    Congrats 70's. Let us know how it works for you. It sounds like they are going back to the drawing board for the club detection. Good for them.

70's
    The unit with the courses was $8900. The reason I went this route is because I would only have right handed people playing, accuracy was a big thing, I am one of those guys martin was talking about (shy with the camera) that was me, HQ just a drive away and it seems like they are making big strides in the market place- They said that they are working on a major software improvement and a better club tracking system because as z said their first one was not great. I will take pics when I am done with everything.

I wonder what the major software improvement is? 70's your font is really small. My eyes hurt from squinting .

Quote Originally Posted by bubba22 View Post
    I wonder what the major software improvement is? 70's your font is really small. My eyes hurt from squinting .
    I can't imaging they would mess with something that already worked. Perhaps they were referring to the new Red Chain engine?

70's
    I think I fixed my posts coming out small

70's
    i cant tell

70's
    is that better?

Quote Originally Posted by 70's View Post
    I think I fixed my posts coming out small

Much better 70's. I thought I needed to buy some bifocals for a second. I agree Z. Perhaps they are referring tothe Red Chain software and not their own?

blackfire
    hey guys,

I will go back to the first question of this thread and talk about my saturday experience outside.

I played my first round outside after 6 long months in the garage with simulator.

I'm a 13 handicap and my bigest problem is driving and GIR.. In other words I'm all over the place until I get around and on the green where I play good.

I played 89 for my first game and I was'nt going easy(spring condition 8 degree so less carry distance, the courses was sock and wet so no roll and the greens were picked, long and slow). I was trying the shots and was playing like in the simlator wich means full swing.I was a lot more straight most of the time like in the simulator wich I was almost never last summer.

I can't tell if my handicap will drop but if I continu like I was saturday it will.

Those simulator may not be perfect, but swing analyser like Protee, Pro7, GSA and even P3Pro gives the swing path, club face angle and a lot more and that helped me improve my swing and my timing. I was outside in with a litle fade and slice most of the time and have now a straight club path and probably reduced club face error from 50% as well as ball center in the club face. I also increased my swing speed.

I can't wait to see how the season will go and certainly do not regret the investement in my Protee and the P3Pro before.

Good season to all of you.

70jr
    on a side note Bubba the GC2 does help with alignment issues that i have in sim play mode

Gap Wedge Steveh is on a distinguished road
    My sim play has improved quite substantially. I am a 20hcp. I find I am making a lot fewer errant shots on my sim (p3pro) Whether I will see any improvement on a real course I have yet to see (still covered in snow, lol) Played 9 holes last night and only 10 putts and one in the water gave me a 38. I have been able to use the sim to practice putting and get the clubface square or very close, as well as getting a lot straighter clubpath. Same with my 56 which I seem to end up using a lot on the sim, I find I can look at my shot groupings after a game and they are getting a lot straighter. My biggest frustration has been my driver and 3 wood. Although I now rarely hit a really bad shot on the sim, I am still having difficulty shaping my shots and increasing my clubhead speed. I warm up on my Fiberbuilt mat and also practice with my irons on it, as it is really nice to hit down on. I have the p3pro grass top on my sim but it is nowhere near as nice to hit off as the Fiberbuilt mat.

Has anyone actually shown a realistic drop in your handicap index with simulation practice? I mean actual reduction in a true handicap and not an estimation or an about number. Just interested if anyone has actually seen that.

I have the Fiberbuilt surface for the ProTee and rather like it, I have tried many different surfaces and there is nothing like real grass, not even close. I hit on a grass range today and boy what a difference from fake mats. The Fiberbuilt is as good as I have seen. I didn't like the dd or the P3pro mats but they were better than nothing.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Several posts on mats have been moved to the Hitting mats thread.

Please stay on topic.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Anybody a scratch golfer yet by playing the golf sim? I just came back from playing 7 rounds in Las Vegas. I shot over my handicap in all 7 rounds. My swing felt good but my score did not reflect. There is so much more than swinging to this crazy game. There just are so many variables. I would love to hear if anyone has had a legitimate drop in handicap with their sim play.

70jr
    I just need a full hd projector that can do what i want and i will let you know if i improve after 1 month of sim play

Quote Originally Posted by 70jr View Post
    I just need a full hd projector that can do what i want and i will let you know if i improve after 1 month of sim play
    Do let us know. I do think that the ball striking part of my game is in mid season form right now. My short game was not great. Always comes down to chipping and putting.

Anybody a scratch golfer yet by playing the golf sim? I just came back from playing 7 rounds in Las Vegas. I shot over my handicap in all 7 rounds. My swing felt good but my score did not reflect. There is so much more than swinging to this crazy game. There just are so many variables. I would love to hear if anyone has had a legitimate drop in handicap with their sim play.
    Were Par Girls and/or alcohol involved?

Quote Originally Posted by ZMax View Post
    Were Par Girls and/or alcohol involved?
    How did you know Z? No Par Girls (in hindsight we should have) but lots of alcohol. That may explain the short game problems!!!

How did you know Z? No Par Girls (in hindsight we should have) but lots of alcohol. That may explain the short game problems!!!
    Back in February, we had planned a golf trip to Vegas and the Par girls, alcohol , and other things were also talked about. Golf was way down on the list, even though it was supposed to be a "golf" trip. A few things didn't line up so we ended up going to a local resort instead and played 4 rounds of alcohol induced golf.

70jr
    bubba i hope you get back on track. Play without any drinking and i think you will see a couple stroke cut out of the score. when i am out with my friends i never play as well because i am having fun joking and I am not concentrating on the game as much.

blackfire
    I think that the real anwser will come at the end of the season. As you sais bubba, their's so much more then swinging a club out there that as the season is just begining, I will be able to anwser in a few months if my handicap droped.

the coures are so whet that the ball plug every where I'm loosong at least 12 to 15 ball every games just by ball that as bluged even in the fairway. We still ave rain avery too days and the temperature as never go up more then 8 degrees yet on a suny day.

Still very early for Canadian courses. With the Protee the ball striking feels better. Short game is where things are tough to improve on the sims.

Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road
    I think your odds of improvement depend on where you're at. Honestly, for someone at your level bubba (very low handicap) I think the sim is most useful for just keeping your swing in tune over the winter and having fun. And, if something is off when you go play, it's great to have the sim to come home to and work on correcting it (fixing your path, face angle...whatever). Now take a player like myself who was decent when I was young (8 handicap at my best...although it was largely due to an amazing short game more than great ball striking) who got rusty after 15 years of hardly playing. Two years ago I played 4 times and failed to break 100 (it was unbelievably bad). Then I got my simulator and being able to work on grooving a swing and just getting more comfortable with golf made a huge difference. Last year I played 6 times and five of them were in the 80s. So, I think someone just starting out with golf (who is struggling to break 100) has the potential to gain a lot from the time and feedback on these devices. Once you get to a higher level of play and have a solid swing, I think it more comes down to the elements that are harder for the simulator to assist with (short game, course management, etc.). That's my thought anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by rdh View Post
    I think your odds of improvement depend on where you're at. Honestly, for someone at your level bubba (very low handicap) I think the sim is most useful for just keeping your swing in tune over the winter and having fun. And, if something is off when you go play, it's great to have the sim to come home to and work on correcting it (fixing your path, face angle...whatever). Now take a player like myself who was decent when I was young (8 handicap at my best...although it was largely due to an amazing short game more than great ball striking) who got rusty after 15 years of hardly playing. Two years ago I played 4 times and failed to break 100 (it was unbelievably bad). Then I got my simulator and being able to work on grooving a swing and just getting more comfortable with golf made a huge difference. Last year I played 6 times and five of them were in the 80s. So, I think someone just starting out with golf (who is struggling to break 100) has the potential to gain a lot from the time and feedback on these devices. Once you get to a higher level of play and have a solid swing, I think it more comes down to the elements that are harder for the simulator to assist with (short game, course management, etc.). That's my thought anyway.

I agree ZMax. The lower the handicap, the more difficult in general to improve especially with the simulator. The sims have there place for sure, to all handicaps.

I think a good understanding of the golf swing will also help you get the most out of your simulator.

Thread Information