CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Are you building it yourself or did you order it from Cyberpower?

7 Iron janton79 is on a distinguished road
    Ordered from Cyberpower.

What did you ended up ordering?

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    OK- I am getting Zelocity tracker v2 with holiday golf. Will my Asus EP121Slate (i5 4gb RAM and intergrated Intel GMA HD Graphics) have enough grunt?

Quote Originally Posted by ZMax View Post
    What did you ended up ordering?
    After looking at the Cyberpower message boards, it was a consenus with the regulars over there that an Intel i5, 8GB ram and solid video card is what's more than enough for a serious gaming rig. So I based my configuration on that and the feedback I got here. Here is what I ordered (unfortunately they cannot guarantee Xmas delivery--I missed the cutoff by two days):

CAS: * Azza Hurrican 2000 Full Tower Gaming Case with 4 Hot Swappable HDD Cage & (4) 230MM Fans
    CD: Sony 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)
    COOLANT: Standard Coolant
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ i5-2500K 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA1155 (All Venom OC Certified)
    FAN: * Thermaltake FRIO Overclocking Cooler Fan (CLP0564)
    HDD: 120 GB Intel 320 Series SATA-II 3.0Gb/s SSD - 270 MB/s Read & 130MB/s Write (Single Drive)
    HDD2: 500GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Hard Drive)
    IEEE_CARD: IEEE 1394 CARD AND DRIVER
    IUSB: Internal USB 3.0 4-Port Hub
    KEYBOARD: (Keyboard & Mouse Combo) Logitech Wireless Desktop MK320 Keyboard & Mouse Combo
    MEMORY: 8GB (4GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory (Kingston HyperX)
    MOTHERBOARD: * [CrossFireX/SLI] GigaByte Z68X-UD3H-B3 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ Lucid Virtu Intel Smart Response Technology & 7.1 Dolby Home Theater Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, 4x SATA-III RAID, 2 Gen2 PCIe, 3 PCIe X1 & 2 PCI (All Venom OC Certified)
    NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
    OS: Microsoft(R) Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit Edition)
    OVERCLOCK: No Overclocking
    POWERSUPPLY: * 1,200 Watts - CoolerMaster Silent Pro 80 Plus Gold Power Supply ( 80 Plus Gold)
    STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT
    SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
    USBX: NZXT Internal USB 6-PORT Expansion Module
    VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 1.2GB 16X PCIe Video Card (EVGA Superclocked )
    WNC: Zonet ZEW1642S IEEE 802.11b/g/n 300Mbps PCI Wireless Adapter Network Card

Nice computer. Should be able to run anything at max setting.

That was certainly the goal. Next step is to build a stance platform with a cutout for the PX2. Bought my first circular saw over the weekend so hopefully I'll still have 10 fingers this time next week

Need a Caddy TheGolfer is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by janton79 View Post
    After looking at the Cyberpower message boards, it was a consenus with the regulars over there that an Intel i5, 8GB ram and solid video card is what's more than enough for a serious gaming rig. So I based my configuration on that and the feedback I got here. Here is what I ordered (unfortunately they cannot guarantee Xmas delivery--I missed the cutoff by two days):

CAS: * Azza Hurrican 2000 Full Tower Gaming Case with 4 Hot Swappable HDD Cage & (4) 230MM Fans
    CD: Sony 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)
    COOLANT: Standard Coolant
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ i5-2500K 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA1155 (All Venom OC Certified)
    FAN: * Thermaltake FRIO Overclocking Cooler Fan (CLP0564)
    HDD: 120 GB Intel 320 Series SATA-II 3.0Gb/s SSD - 270 MB/s Read & 130MB/s Write (Single Drive)
    HDD2: 500GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Hard Drive)
    IEEE_CARD: IEEE 1394 CARD AND DRIVER
    IUSB: Internal USB 3.0 4-Port Hub
    KEYBOARD: (Keyboard & Mouse Combo) Logitech Wireless Desktop MK320 Keyboard & Mouse Combo
    MEMORY: 8GB (4GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory (Kingston HyperX)
    MOTHERBOARD: * [CrossFireX/SLI] GigaByte Z68X-UD3H-B3 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ Lucid Virtu Intel Smart Response Technology & 7.1 Dolby Home Theater Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, 4x SATA-III RAID, 2 Gen2 PCIe, 3 PCIe X1 & 2 PCI (All Venom OC Certified)
    NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
    OS: Microsoft(R) Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit Edition)
    OVERCLOCK: No Overclocking
    POWERSUPPLY: * 1,200 Watts - CoolerMaster Silent Pro 80 Plus Gold Power Supply ( 80 Plus Gold)
    STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT
    SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
    USBX: NZXT Internal USB 6-PORT Expansion Module
    VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 1.2GB 16X PCIe Video Card (EVGA Superclocked )
    WNC: Zonet ZEW1642S IEEE 802.11b/g/n 300Mbps PCI Wireless Adapter Network Card
    Nice build. Notice the GTX 570 - very similar in comparison to the RADEON 6970 2GB. Basically it looks liike 6970 ~=570/580 and 6990 ~- 590 if not very close.

Curious why you went with the 1200w power supply? I am looking at getting mine upgraded from 700 to 1000 based on recommendations from cyberpowerpc.com after purchase but several members are suggesting that is too high.

Very similar build as yours just I have a smaller power supply and I went with the upgrade to 2700k I7 overlclocked to 4.5ghz which the upgrade and overclock charge at the time to do that was $150.

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    is there any reason for the liquid cooling? I would suggest low noise fans as in my experience liquid cooling and electricity dont mix. On the other hand carpet and the blue liquid coolant mix very nicely and make great non removeable stains.

i can only speak for my build. the radeon 6970 is big gpu that generates a lot of heat. i also went with the $150 upgrade to go from a i5 2500k to an i7 2700k overclocked to 4.5ghz. when you overclock the cpu the cooler the better. they "k" series are designed to be overclocked from the standard spec. the 4-5 air fans are good in general but in this case the liquid cooling also covers the cpu and gpu and keep them cooler. some only cover the cpu but you can choose one that does both.

on the computer forums starting to see people safely overclock the 2700k over 5ghz. i personally don't now how to do this and plan on staying away from it. it was much easier paying someone a nominal fee to do it and insure it runs safely. cyberpowerpc.com will overclock up to 30% of the cpu base speed to insure they have no issues.

the coolant is sealed and is clear liquid in my case.

regarding the sound they have ~$30 upgrade where they will 1) put extra sound protection around the power supply, gpu, and cover the inside of the case with cushion. thought it may be marketing but tired it. since i got these with the tower coverd its not noisy.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGolfer View Post
    Curious why you went with the 1200w power supply? I am looking at getting mine upgraded from 700 to 1000 based on recommendations from cyberpowerpc.com after purchase but several members are suggesting that is too high.
    No specific reason other than I thought it was better to be safe than sorry. With all the simulator equipment, cameras, etc. running through the computer's power supply, I decided to beef up the PSU. It's probably overkill but wasn't much more expensive than a 1000W unit.

i agree with you and have the same mindset. just curious since several people on the forum were commenting on the size. thanks.

Putter nab777 is on a distinguished road
    Hi, I wanted to know if anyone has run the px2 on a mac with parallel windows?

Thanks.

Sand Wedge Crow is on a distinguished road
    Seeing this thread is 3 years old. Have the recommendations changed? If you could or have replaced yours what would you get today or what have you upgraded to?

Albatross mthunt is on a distinguished road
    The software has changed so have the pc needs

Thread Information