100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Team Match Play Champ 2011 quinner is on a distinguished road quinner's Avatar
    It's strange to hear people say the greens are slow at Kanata. For the last month (including Saturday when I played) they were running pretty quick. Perhaps they water the hell out of them yesterday in hopes of not burning them before today. Who knows!

Good Luck...hopefully you get the round in.

Wannamaker mjf is on a distinguished road mjf's Avatar
    I didn't say they were slow... just slow for what I remember them being like at Kanata. I actually loved the speed of the greens yesterday. I felt like I could give all of my putts a run without worrying about having a 5-footer coming back. I did not have that feeling at either Outaouais or Equinelle.

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    Went to practice at my course this morning and the girl at the pro shop asks me "do you have a job?"
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Quote Originally Posted by mjf View Post
    Played a practice round at Kanata Lakes today. I was surprised at how receptive and (relatively) slow the greens were. I seem to recall that KL's greens are generally hard as a rock and very fast but my short irons were pretty much one hop and stopping today.

Anyway, I played really well today so I'm likely doomed for tomorrow.
    From your other post...and NoKids made a reference as well.

Quote Originally Posted by nokids View Post
    Went to practice at my course this morning and the girl at the pro shop asks me "do you have a job?"
    I think that's a valid question...what was your response?

Habitual poster adam is on a distinguished road adam's Avatar
    Don't worry Pablo I get that a lot too.
    Even I've never heard of me

I had to check out kanatas greens for myself after hearing someone say they were faster than eagle creek. Imo, they are not close to EC speed. They roll true, but they are slower than even outaouais and equinelle speeds.

I had to check out kanatas greens for myself after hearing someone say they were faster than eagle creek. Imo, they are not close to EC speed. They roll true, but they are slower than even outaouais and equinelle speeds.
    They were certainly faster than EC's up until Wednesday. I hope EC keeps the greens this way...they haven't been this quick all year.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by sensfan63 View Post
    The problem with the "group pace of play" policy is that it can, and will, penalize players that have nothing to do with slow play. As a faster player, all I can do is be ready to play when it's my turn, and gently encourage my FCs to keep pace. Failing that, what else can be done? If a player is not at fault, there is absolutely no way that he should be penalized. Frankly, it sounds like an unwillingness by ROs to tell the slower players to hurry up or else....and then enforce their threats once in a while (this may have something to do with the lack of ROs, I understand that. Can't be everywhere at once). Also, it might be a good idea to start making field sizes smaller.
    We do tell slower players to hurry up, however, if they are less that 14 minutes behind the group in front and take less than 40 seconds to play a stroke, we have no right to say anything as they are within the prescribed guidelines. But, if they all took close to 40 seconds, and many do, the overall pace is slow. An incentive to make up for time lost (looking for a lost ball) must be available. Last season a player lost his tee shot in the bush, hit three provisionals and took 5 minutes to look for the balls. Now he (and group) is 7+ minutes behind but because he plays shots in less than 40 s, slow play penalties cannot be applied. (How can you penalize bad play?) If several players lose and look, the pace of play problem is obviously compounded, but then no one can penalized.

The GPOP IS apparently working well in the GAO, and there is no reason why it should not work in GQ/OVGA tournaments.

I don't know all of the group pace of play procedures but there is an appeal process that if only one or two players in a group are slow, the other(s) may appeal any penalties by having a meeting with the "Committee" after the round.

While the Tunis and the like tournaments are full field events, attendance at other GC/OVGA events is down, as low as only 40 or so players in some.

Any word from Kanata today?

3 or 4 guys were tied for 73 or 74 I believe with a third of players reporting.

I unfortunately shot myself out of this thing on #9 and #10. I doubled 9 and made a quad on #10 after hitting 2 balls OB left. I wasn't feeling either driver in my bag. Only hit 3 fairways all day. The 12 putts on the back9 was nice. Oh well, back to my lowly job tomorrow.

Team Match Play Champ 2010 DenisO is on a distinguished road DenisO's Avatar
    It's okay, buddy. You can always turn pro next year!

I unfortunately shot myself out of this thing on #9 and #10. I doubled 9 and made a quad on #10 after hitting 2 balls OB left. I wasn't feeling either driver in my bag. Only hit 3 fairways all day. The 12 putts on the back9 was nice. Oh well, back to my lowly job tomorrow.

3 Wood goley is on a distinguished road
    Koski was 69 today... good for him. Probably gonna be the only round under par, would be my guess. Kanata (without the Lakes) is a much tougher track than most people think.

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar

I'm not seeing a final score here... fess up playa!
    Let's put a Smile on that Face!

Ooops. 83.

Well... that was fun. Anybody who watched my tee shots on my first two holes probably wouldn't believe what I shot today. I ended up with a 72 that included 2 unplayable penalties and two chip-outs. An excellent putting day and 4 birdies helped to compensate though. I'm not sure, but I think I've moved up to something like a tie for 16th. Woo Hoo!

As for the leaders / cut... Dwight Reinhart is still in the lead after a 73 today. I think he's now 2 shots in front of whoever he was 4 shots in front of before. The cut was 154. I was expecting it'd likely be 156 but I have to say that Kanata Lakes probably couldn't have played much easier than it did today. McGee had a 69 (I think)... Tapp had a 68 (I think). Actually, I'll post the pictures of the scoreboard next.

As much for my own benefit as anyone else's... he's a hole-by-hole summary of my round if you're interested:

#10 - Skanky 5-wood just over the bunker. 185-yard 7-iron over the green and just out of another bunker. Chipped on and hit a perfect putt but just mis-read the line. Bogey

#11 - Hooked driver into the trees left. Punch out. 5-iron from about 190 onto the green. 2 putts. Bogey.

#12 - Slightly pushed but reasonably well struck driver down the right. 8-iron lay-up. Lob wedge from 75 yards to about 12 feet past the hole. Another good putt but it broke left at the end. Par.

#13 - Pushed clanky 9-iron just about pin-high right but in the rough. Good chip and putt. Par.

#14 - Pretty good drive down the right side. 5-iron from about 185 hit slightly thin but hopped over the rough to 3 feet. Birdie.

#15 - 5-wood to about 150 yards out (pin WAY back right!). 8-iron to lower left green. Bad first putt... so ended up with a Bogey.

#16 - 8-iron to 12 feet left of the hole. Birdie.

#17 - Not a well-struck drive but right down the middle. 170 left into the wind. Again slightly clanky 5-iron but just short right. Putted on close. Par.

#18 - Bad 5-wood off the tee that ended up exactly where I had hoped a good one would. PW slightly short of flag and about 2 feet off the green in the rough. Chipped in for Birdie.

#1 - Pull-hooked drive into tall grass left. Unplayable. 8-iron from 145 into the wind about 40 feet past the flag. JUST missed the putt. Bogey.

#2 - Nice drive. PW from 130. 2 putts. Par.

#3 - Pretty badly hooked 3-hybrid ended up under a tree. Unplayable drop. Another pretty bad 9-iron that hopped over rough and almost went in the hole but ended up 10 feet past. Weak effort. Bogey

#4 - 5-iron short right. Chipped to about 8 feet and drained it for Par.

#5 - Hammered a drive to 110 yards. 56* to 10 feet. Perfect putt... just slightly misread the break.

#6 - Slightly pushed 5-wood into right rough about 190 to flag. Pushed punchy 5-iron into front greenside bunker. Really good (for me) bunker shot to about 8 feet. Draino. Par.

#7 - Hooky 5-wood into the trees. Punch out. 9-iron pin-high left but in the rough. Good chip to 4 feet. Holed the putt. Par.

#8 - Clanky 5-iron pretty much pin-high right but 10 feet or so into the rough (short sided). Good chip still rolled out about 6 or 7 feet. Draino. Par.

#9 - Very nervous. Piped a drive. Very nervous. Good 4-hybrid to 105 yards. VERY nervous. 52* wedge to 10 feet. DRAINO! Birdie.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Good shooting. I'm too lazy to count, how many putts was that?
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Quote Originally Posted by jvincent View Post
    Good shooting. I'm too lazy to count, how many putts was that?
    28. Chip-ins help. 3-putts... not so much.

Scoreboard Pics

Here are the pictures of the scores. Hopefully with the right orientation this time.

KL_2nd_sheet.jpgKL_4th_sheet.jpgKL_3rd_sheet.jpgKL_1st_sheet.jpg

28. Chip-ins help. 3-putts... not so much.
    Great shooting mikE

I had 30 putts and shot 11 worse than you. DAmn.

Making Cuts habsfan is on a distinguished road habsfan's Avatar
    Ooops. 83.
    looks like 87 to me, 83 must be esc. lol.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    I think you are looking at the score above Pablo's.

Making Cuts habsfan is on a distinguished road habsfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    I think you are looking at the score above Pablo's.
    your right, damn i need glasses, sorry Juan Pablo. Whats the cut at then, he should be close.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    I was hoping it was him though, would have been a glorious call out.

Need a Caddy solstrum is on a distinguished road
    Team Arnprior still making noise! Al McGee (3rd), Taylor Collins(9th), Mike Payer(5th), Chris Bernard (28th) and James Patterson (33rd) all playing well. Good luck Guys!
    Last edited by solstrum; 07-25-2011 at 10:35 PM.

Driver threeunder is on a distinguished road
    I ended up with a 72 that included 2 unplayable penalties and two chip-outs. An excellent putting day and 4 birdies helped to compensate though. I'm not sure, but I think I've moved up to something like a tie for 16th. Woo Hoo
    Awesome job.. I find kanata extremely hard to score on, 72 is more like par!

um, I still only see round 1 scores.

Quote Originally Posted by solstrum View Post
    um, I still only see round 1 scores.
    Same thing happened to me... try doing a reload. Or try this link: http://28422.vws.magma.ca/OCAGC/results3.pdf

tried several reloads, no luck! but that link works! thanks!

Thread Information