CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tecumseh View Post
    Any idea of the cut line ?
    I'm waiting for MJF to take a picture of the leaderboard and post it on here.

Do they trim the field in half?
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Wannamaker mjf is on a distinguished road mjf's Avatar
    I finished up with a 77. Probably gave away 3 or 4 shots on my last 4 holes but... I would definitely have taken that score standing on the 1st tee.

Based on the posted scores when I left, I figure I'll likely end up around tied for 30th. There were probably around 40 players on the course when I left.

Am I the only one who thought they had a few tricky pins? Maybe I just never ended up below the hole.

Anyway, objective #1 achieved. Now I've gotta see if I can hold on at Kanata Lakes on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by nokids View Post
    I'm waiting for MJF to take a picture of the leaderboard and post it on here.

Do they trim the field in half?
    Sorry Pablo... No pics today. They had most of the scores lying down on the tables so I couldn't get any good ones. They do cut to the low 72 and ties.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by habsfan View Post
    i agree with most of your point except five minutes behind shouldnt equal a stroke that's crazy.
    If the tee times are 10 minutes apart and you lose 5 minutes looking for a ball, then you are "out of position," because you are more than the acceptable 14 minutes behind the group in front. Unless you make up that time, 1 minute, before you get to the next check point hole, then the penalty is applied. A couple of lost balls, or if some one is foolish enough not to hit a provisional, then more time needs to be made up. Now, if the group pace of play is in effect, then the time par for the round will probably be a little more generous.

The point is that something has to be done about slow play in our region and those jurisdictions that have the GPOP in effect, have solved the problem by putting the responsibility to keep up on the players, not the RO's. I gather, the players initially disliked the idea of playing quickly, but now love it as there is very little waiting.

Making Cuts habsfan is on a distinguished road habsfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BC MIST View Post
    If the tee times are 10 minutes apart and you lose 5 minutes looking for a ball, then you are "out of position," because you are more than the acceptable 14 minutes behind the group in front. Unless you make up that time, 1 minute, before you get to the next check point hole, then the penalty is applied. A couple of lost balls, or if some one is foolish enough not to hit a provisional, then more time needs to be made up. Now, if the group pace of play is in effect, then the time par for the round will probably be a little more generous.

The point is that something has to be done about slow play in our region and those jurisdictions that have the GPOP in effect, have solved the problem by putting the responsibility to keep up on the players, not the RO's. I gather, the players initially disliked the idea of playing quickly, but now love it as there is very little waiting.
    i agree somewhat, very harsh, yet I never see anyone have the nuts to enforce that specific rule, from my tournament experience.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 gbower is on a distinguished road
    I timed a group that was out of position today and they had a ruling and then lost a ball. They were very slow but I couldn't get a timing of over 40 seconds. How many of you have timed someone in your group to find out how long 40 seconds is? I'd be falling asleep over the ball if I took that long for a shot. I have penalized before and it happened to be a player that was complaining of someone else in his group that he thought was slow. As BC said the group pace of play is the way to go in tournaments but it does take many more volunteers to sit as timers. I've watched the results and seeing players move to their ball without hesitation is great and then they can have time to get their measurements and club selections. The way our tournaments are set up for pace of play you can penalize slow play but not bad play and the bad play is where it happens. In most tournaments they also put the higher handicap players out first and there also is a problem as I feel they will more often get into trouble. If players on tour were seen to get penalties, other than the hidden fines, then the tournament amateurs would speed things up.

Playing Winter Rules Swerve is on a distinguished road
    No updates yet on low scores or cut? I heard a rumour of 1 really low round but am waiting for confirmation. anyone?

When I left, two players were tied with 71s.

2 Iron joethepro66 is on a distinguished road joethepro66's Avatar
    Cut was 81, Nine guys tied at 81. Good luck to everyone at KLakes

Sweet

Forum Jedi XTOUR is on a distinguished road XTOUR's Avatar
    well done Pablo!!
    Proud member of the 2010, 2011 ,2012 OG vs TGN RYDER CUP
    Captain of 2012 Team OG Ryder Cup Champions!

Team Match Play Champ 2010 DenisO is on a distinguished road DenisO's Avatar
    -7? That's it? Pffft!

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    65 in the wind today is pretty damn good.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 gbower is on a distinguished road
    Great round Dwight!!!!!!
    Good job for all the others on here that made the cut.

65, dayyyum!

3 Wood goley is on a distinguished road
    Nice shooting Dwight.. I heard you picked up some extra yardage the last little while.

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraba View Post
    Go get 'em Dwight. Too bad about the pace, especially in this heat.
    Prophetic
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by goley View Post
    Nice shooting Dwight.. I heard you picked up some extra yardage the last little while.
    Yes I did, I picked up 15 yards. Using a ping G15 with the Serano shaft.

Uber Poster Paulio is on a distinguished road Paulio's Avatar
    Look as though you may need to change your name to 'joethepro65'

Very nice round!
    My name is Paul. And I'm a golfaholic.

Quote Originally Posted by joethepro66 View Post
    Yes I did, I picked up 15 yards. Using a ping G15 with the Serano shaft.
    I remember you hitting it plenty long in a scramble we played in a few years ago. How many times have you played eQuinelle? I'm thinking maybe 65 is a course record?
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraba View Post
    I remember you hitting it plenty long in a scramble we played in a few years ago. How many times have you played eQuinelle? I'm thinking maybe 65 is a course record?
    2nd time around the track, not sure what the course record is. Joethepro65, thats funny.....

3 Wood goley is on a distinguished road
    Did you stick with the x stiff shaft?

Quote Originally Posted by goley View Post
    Did you stick with the x stiff shaft?
    Nope, just a stiff shaft.

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    Out of curiosity, for most of you who played the citizen, what is the average drive length and average 7i?
    Are there any short hitters there or is the distance so long that short hitters have no chance?
    Proud member of the 2009 Ryder Cup winning team

Playing Winter Rules Swerve is on a distinguished road
    I know this isn't nice (especially coming from someone who shot 84 and missed the cut), but Jordan King's last 3 rounds in this tournament have been 119-121-96. Who is verifying indexes for this?

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/sports/...713/story.html

Good article. Anybody witness the Bill Mason show?
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by rezadue View Post
    Out of curiosity, for most of you who played the citizen, what is the average drive length and average 7i?
    Are there any short hitters there or is the distance so long that short hitters have no chance?
    Outaouais was short and most of the equinelle tee boxes were blues. So if you can shoot 80 from the blues id say you have a chance at making the cut.

If the organizers put us back tees at kanata and eagle, then a short hitter will struggle.

Quote Originally Posted by rezadue View Post
    I consider myself to be adequately long. An average 'good' drive is probably in the 260-270 range. A really good one with some roll can go a bit further. 7-iron distance is 160-165.

I have to say though that I've rarely been paired up with anyone in any of my Citizen rounds that have been shorter than me off the tee. Having said that, I'll add that almost all of the longest players I've played with tend to hit one or two drives a round that are WAY off-line. Yesterday, each of the guys I was paired with hit one OB... which isn't easy at Equinelle. Now, one of those guys also was putting for eagle on a 555-yard par 5 a couple of holes prior to his OB shot so... there ya go.

I don't know what you consider a "short hitter", but I think if you can hit it 250 straight down the pipe every time and are competent in the other aspects of the game... you can do just fine in the Citizen. However, I think you've gotta be long if you want to win.
    Last edited by mjf; 07-22-2011 at 08:20 AM.

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    Great Reply. Thanks Mike. My cap is not low enough yet (13.5), but I was wondering if I could set it as a future goal to enter.
    Quote Originally Posted by mjf View Post
    I consider myself to be adequately long. An average 'good' drive is probably in the 260-270 range. A really good one with some roll can go a bit further. 7-iron distance is 160-165.

I have to say though that I've rarely been paired up with anyone in any of my Citizen rounds that have been shorter than me off the tee. Having said that, I'll add that almost all of the longest players I've played with tend to hit one or two drives a round that are WAY off-line. Yesterday, each of the guys I was paired with his one OB... which isn't easy at Equinelle. Now, one of those guys also was putting for eagle on a 555-yard par 5 so... there ya go.

I don't know what you consider a "short hitter", but I think if you can hit it 250 straight down the pipe every time and are competent in the other aspects of the game... you can do just fine in the Citizen. However, I think you've gotta be long if you want to win.
    Proud member of the 2009 Ryder Cup winning team

Thread Information