CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Just got a text from mjf saying that they are in a lightning delay and the course is close to unplayable.

I assume that if they can't get the first round finished for all the players they'll have to cancel it and only the scores from the second round will be used to make the cut.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Just got confirmation.

First round is cancelled. The round at Equinelle will be used to make the cut. Second chance for those of us who sucked today!

Too bad for the guys who played well though. Martin (Tecumseh) was one of them. He had a good round today even with the two doubles.

Team Match Play Champ 2010 DenisO is on a distinguished road DenisO's Avatar
    Wow, that sucks. Very unfortunate for the ones that played well. Good luck to you all in the second round, though

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    I will take the mulligan. It was brutal out there. We played 3 holes in crazy down pour. Then on #3 it was so wet in the right rough I never found my ball. Always love loosing a ball in the rough!
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

BigDaddy
    Spectator today so just some comments from peanut gallery as they say.

Good.

1. course was set up quite fairly.
    2. Greens seemed to roll quite true but didn't see many bombs made in the group i was watching
    3/ registration and starter staff was great

Bad.

1. Grounds crew from the course. Had to keep getting out of their way. Never seen a crew out so late and so NOT clued into what was going around them.
    2. had to duck some bals coming from driving range right onto the fringe of green at 7 i think
    3.Torrential monsoon at around 10:30 that should have closed course. not a dry spot anywhere to walk.
    4. no spotters anywhere. many players driving back to tee box

Just my opinion. Looking forward to L'Equinelle

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    2. had to duck some bals coming from driving range right onto the fringe of green at 7 i think
    there is no driving range at Stonebridge.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

BigDaddy
    play was at outaouis

Forum Jedi XTOUR is on a distinguished road XTOUR's Avatar
    Pablo how did it go today?
    Proud member of the 2010, 2011 ,2012 OG vs TGN RYDER CUP
    Captain of 2012 Team OG Ryder Cup Champions!

play was at outaouis
    lol...well that makes more sense!

Bad.

1. Grounds crew from the course. Had to keep getting out of their way. Never seen a crew out so late and so NOT clued into what was going around them.
    3.Torrential monsoon at around 10:30 that should have closed course. not a dry spot anywhere to walk.

Just my opinion. Looking forward to L'Equinelle
    1. Agree about the grounds crews. They didn't but me but I was surprised to see them out and they weren't always aware of the golfers.
    2. That would be #6. People aren't supposed to hit driver at the range.
    3. They did halt play but there was casual water afterwards. I've seen worse.
    4. This is the players fault. They are very explicit about hitting provisionals if you don't see your ball land. We hit a bunch of provisionals in our group and never had to use one.

Wannamaker mjf is on a distinguished road mjf's Avatar
    I had just teed off on my 15th hole when the horn went off. Frankly, I was a bit surprised they waited as long as they did because things had been pretty rumbly for about 10 minutes before the horn went.

I was +9 thru 14 holes. I had 3 consecutive chip-outs from the trees starting on #13 (I started on #10 / #1 West) all of which resulted in bogeys. Then I flared my tee shot into the water on #18 (West #9) and salvaged a bogey there. I had a solid par on #1 South then an all around bad double on #2 where I hooked my tee shot into the trees, chipped to 20 feet or so and then 3-putted. I hit a bad lay-up shot on #3 south that resulted in an unplayable / bogey. Then a couple of pars before the rain / lightning came.

I could not get comfortable on the greens. I rarely had uphill putts and when I did, I was so scared of going long I tended to leave them short. When I did putt firmly enough, I was off on the read.

Anyway, I suspect I would have ended up in 50-somethingth place had I finished at the pace I was on... just a guess based on the scores that I saw and what I was hearing. I've attached pictures of the scores that were posted. Sorry about the orientation... not sure why they did that... and I ain't fixing them.

Outaouais3.JPGOutaouais1.JPGOutaouais2.JPG

I did hear a couple of the later starters say they were +1 / +3. It doesn't really sound like anybody was tearing it up.

Anyway, onward and upward from here I guess. I like my chances at Equinelle much better than Outaouais anyway. I've got a lot more mojo there...
    Last edited by mjf; 07-11-2011 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Pic mis-orientation comment

There were spotters in the trees between #4 and #6 West when I played. Unfortunately, I required their services on both holes.

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XTOUR View Post
    Pablo how did it go today?
    Man, what a terrible round of golf. 43 front, 44 back. Couldn't hit the 3-wood demo club I was using to save my life. Does someone have a Callaway FT 3-wood stiff neutral they can sell me???

Yes pace of play was pathetic. What happened to everyone being timed as it says the rules sheet? Gbower would have never let this happen.

We have been given a second chance. I'm going to church this week to thank the lord.
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Pace of play was fine until a group three ahead of us needed a ruling. Then the rain came and everything was fubar because of the rain delay, casual water, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by jvincent View Post
    Pace of play was fine until a group three ahead of us needed a ruling. Then the rain came and everything was fubar because of the rain delay, casual water, etc.
    I hit a ball in casual water today with my 5 wood, it sounded like a fat kid doing a belly flop into the pool.

In case anyone's interested, here's the Ottawa Citizen article on yesterday's events at Outaouais:

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/sports/...110/story.html

Team Match Play Champ 2011 quinner is on a distinguished road quinner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nokids View Post
    Man, what a terrible round of golf. 43 front, 44 back. Couldn't hit the 3-wood demo club I was using to save my life. Does someone have a Callaway FT 3-wood stiff neutral they can sell me???
    http://forum.ottawagolf.com/showthre...881#post410881

Habitual poster adam is on a distinguished road adam's Avatar
    Good thing I didn't register. A solid round at Outaouais would have been my only real chance of making the cut.
    Even I've never heard of me

6 fairways
    8 greens
    36 putts

0 birds
    6 pars
    9 bogeys
    3 doubles

0 penalty strokes

par 3's: +1
    par 4's: +8
    par 5's: +6 <---this stat kills me. I crapped the bed on these holes.

President's Cup Wknd_Warrior is on a distinguished road Wknd_Warrior's Avatar
    so no more updates?

President's Cup Wknd_Warrior is on a distinguished road Wknd_Warrior's Avatar
    ahh, it's next week for the other two rounds, good luck guys!

Looks like the exact same tee times at Outaouais. I'm glad I'm not starting on #1. Not an easy hole to start a tournament on.

http://28422.vws.magma.ca/OCAGC/Mtee2.pdf

#10 is a much easier starting hole but 7/8/9 are tough finishing holes. not that 16/17 are easy holes either.

7/8/9 are much harder than 16/17/18 IMHO.

yep...that's what I was saying! I think 7 is the toughest par 4 on the course and 9 might be the second toughest, especially from the blacks.

I agree - I found playing 7-9 much more difficult than 16-18. Sure 16 is tough, but you don't have to hit a great shot on 17 to have a chance at the green and you can bail out right on 18. Approach shot on 7 is difficult, 8 is a difficult hole with that carry and 9 that pin can be difficult to get at (but you can bail right up by the green). IMO 7 through 9 is a tougher finish.

Yeah... I'm off on #10 as well. Tough to make a call on whether I'd rather tee off on #1 or finish up on #9. I think I'll take the relatively easy start on #10 though. Hopefully I'll be doing well enough in my round to play conservatively on 7/8/9. I basically play #7 as a bogey / option par hole anyway (if I was a spectator at this event, I'd be standing somewhere near the 7th green to watch the carnage). There really isn't much of a bail-out area on #8... it pretty much just requires a solid tee shot... even a little too far left and you're OB. As for #9, I'm just going to try and make sure that if I miss off the tee, it's into the left water so that there's still a chance to get somewhere close to the green in 3 shots.

I'm curious to see if they'll really be using the back tees on all of the holes as the tee sheet they provided says. I'm going to make a guess that they won't use the back tees on #7 or #13.

Anyone making guesses on what score will be required to make the cut? I'm thinking 80 or better to guarantee making it although a couple of shots higher might get it done.

The hot weather has to add a couple of strokes to the field - especially feeling like 43...Eeeep.

Quote Originally Posted by quinner View Post
    The hot weather has to add a couple of strokes to the field - especially feeling like 43...Eeeep.
    Thurs will feel like 46, Cart please!

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/CAON0512

46 degrees eh? That's officially "I'll have a power cart and a case of frozen water bottles please" weather for me.

I wonder what the organizers will do if we have similar weather to the first round (thunderstorms are entirely possible) and not everybody can finish round 2? With both the ladies and men playing at Kanata Lakes on Monday, there won't be any way to get things back on track. I don't think it's fair at all, but I suspect they'd have to base the cut purely on handicaps. What else could they do?

Thread Information