100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    IIRC I'm at 8:50 on #10 as well.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tecumseh View Post
    8:50 on #10 ..... can't wait now
    I think this puts you with JVincent... and right behind me Prob won't be many birdies left for you guys.. sorry.
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

3 Wood Shortswing is on a distinguished road
    Yes you are correct Im playing with John Vincent.

Ok Ginker I'll take the pars.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ginker View Post
    I think this puts you with JVincent... and right behind me Prob won't be many birdies left for you guys.. sorry.
    Careful, you're a big target out there in the fairway..............

President's Cup Wknd_Warrior is on a distinguished road Wknd_Warrior's Avatar
    I'm jealous of upi guys, I'd love to compete in amateur events, maybe next year

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    10am on #10.
    You only get out of something what you put into it

www.ottawacitizengolf.com

Good luck to all.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    For those of you who use the GAO for handicapping who verifies your cap for you on the application? I might be able to get in as a late entrant and am just trying to figure this part out...

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    For those of you who use the GAO for handicapping who verifies your cap for you on the application? I might be able to get in as a late entrant and am just trying to figure this part out...
    Procrastination at its finest.

There's no verification required. All I have ever provided is my RCGA network ID which allows them to look it up directly. I think the verification part of the application is a holdover from before the handicapping system was all online.

Wannamaker mjf is on a distinguished road mjf's Avatar
    I just printed out my GAO / Golf Canada handicap card and faxed it in with my application.

So besides the usual favorites McGee, Johnson, Koski, Tapp, Crowe, Bernard, McBride, who else is a capable of winning this event? I played alongside De Vroome at Hammond and he's a very good player.

I'm hoping to keep all my scores under 80 (except Kanata) and try to play all 4 rounds.

I expect the usual suspects will contend. You left out Reinhardt (sp) from your list.

As to your goal, it's a good one, but lots of things can happen on tournament day. I have seen some very big scores posted by some very good players. I have posted my share of big numbers as well.

Weather can play a big factor too. Last year the 3rd round at Kanata was in very windy conditions and round 4 at the Marshes was even worse. Check out last year's scores and you'll see what I mean.

I thought I put his name in, yes Reinhart is a big gun.

Driver Adska is on a distinguished road
    I'm waiting for the day that Chris Collins puts all of the pieces together and takes down a big tournament. He hits it too good to not be a factor!

BigDaddy
    quick question. should have asked earlier. Are Distance measurement devices allowed (GPS or Laser). CAddying for son Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    quick question. should have asked earlier. Are Distance measurement devices allowed (GPS or Laser). CAddying for son Monday.
    As long as it doesn't have a slope calculator it's fine.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 gbower is on a distinguished road
    They are allowed as long as it's only distance.

Quote Originally Posted by gbower View Post
    They are allowed as long as it's only distance.
    are you volunteering at the Citizen Gerry?

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 gbower is on a distinguished road
    I'll be at all except the first round as I'll be working the Ladies provincial amateur this coming week for three days.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Well in the end my procastination ended my chances of playing in the tourney this year but I still want to come out and watch some golf at Eagle or Kanata. What's the deal for spectators at this event?

I've seen spectators before. Usually parents of the younger kids that play.

There are no ropes like a typical tournament so it's pretty much go where you want but stay out of the way.

... I still want to come out and watch some golf at Eagle or Kanata.
    The way my final tune-up round went today at Outaouais... I may be joining you as a spectator for rounds 3 and 4. Save me a good spot.

Quote Originally Posted by mjf View Post
    The way my final tune-up round went today at Outaouais... I may be joining you as a spectator for rounds 3 and 4. Save me a good spot.
    I had a horrible round today as well. Get the bad shots out of your system now.

I'm hoping for a repeat of last year's 9-shot improvement from practice round to tournament day.

Looks like it's going to be a steamy day out there tomorrow. Good luck to all who are playing.

Anybody have any predictions? Either about your own play or anything else?

I would have predicted oppressive heat, but jvincent (not to mention the weatherman) already did that. I'm envious of anyone teeing off early...

I'm not really sure what to expect from myself tomorrow. My game peaked about two weeks ago and has been on a bit of a death spiral ever since. At this point, I'm just hoping my short game is going to be good enough to make up for everything else because I've got little or no confidence in the rest of my game. If I can somehow keep my worst shots in play, I should be ok.

My guess is that about 82 tomorrow keeps me inside the cut line. It might get interesting if it gets windy.

Good luck to everybody playing... drink lots of water.

Looks like I am first back to post.

I will give a hole by hole summary. Think of it as "Playing Lessons from the Amateurs" or "How NOT to play golf well."

In case you haven't figured it out, not a good day on the links. 88 with 34 putts. Included two triples and a double. On a positive note, I didn't lose a golf ball. It is possible to shoot 88 without losing one apparently.

The summary is that I hit some bad tee shots that I could/should have recovered from but didn't make ANY putts today. Other than two three putts I didn't really putt poorly, just didn't make a damn thing.

10: Thinned a 4W off the tee. 4i to about 10 yards short of the green. So-so chip. Two putts for bogey.
    11: Snap hook off the tee. Good 4W from the trees. 4W into the green that ended up in the bunker pin high. Good blast to about 10 feet. Just missed the par putt. Bogey
    12: 2H to the back fringe. Big breaking chip to about 5-6 feet. Missed the putt. Bogey.
    13: Driver to the middle of the fairway. 6i (?) to the green but not close. Two putt par. Yeah!
    14: Driver down the left side just in the rough. Fatted a 6i left of the green. Decent chip (10ft or so). Two putt bogey.
    15: Sky hook into the left trees. Punch out hit a tree and went a little backwards. Topped the 4w. Hit another 4W to the fringe. Mad now. Chipped it to 15 ft or so. Ran the first putt past. Missed the comebacker. 3 putts for triple.
    16: Started to rain hard. Hit a really good tee shot down the left side. Hit a terrible 5i in the rain to behind a tree. No excuse for that shot. Chipped past the tree over the green. Chipped it to 6 feet or so. Missed again. Double.
    17: PW just past the pin. Missed the downhill birdie try. Par. They blew the horn here because water was pooling on the greens. Waited over half an hour.
    18: 2H to the middle of the fairway. 9i to the green but 20-25 feet away. Two putts for par.

1: 4W into the right rough. 7i over a small tree just short. Chipped it close. Easy par.
    2. Hooked it left of the green. Thinned a wedge to the other side of the green. Chipped the next one close. Par.
    3. Decent drive just in the left rough. Fluffy lie that I popped up a 2H. Second 2H into the green side rough. Decent chip. Missed the par putt. Bogey.
    4. Pulled a tee shot left into the trees. Chipped out onto the fairway. 9i to the green, but far away. Two putt bogey.
    5. Best tee shot of the day. Hit PW that was all over the flag but hit the back edge of the ridge and spun back 30 feet off the green. Used putter off the green and missed by about 2 inches. Par.
    6. Good tee shot. Layed up to just inside 100 yards. LW just a little short. Chipped it close. Par.
    7. Good tee shot. PW under the hole about 15-20 feet. Two putts. Par.
    8. Fatted a 5i short of the green. Chipped it to 6-8 feet. Missed again. Bogey.
    9. Hit it too far up the hill through the fairway into the trees. Tried to hit a low runner but caught a branch about halfway. Chip shot hit another branch. Chipped on to about 10 feet. Crammed the first putt about 6 feet past. Missed the comebacker. Triple.

The course setup was very fair. I looked at scores before I left and there were a few in the nineties and several in the 70's. If the weather holds the boys in the afternoon there should be some good scores.

3 Wood Shortswing is on a distinguished road
    Thanks for the round today John, very nice guy.

I' ll be brief.

39-39 =78

2 double
    6 boguey
    6 par
    4 birdie ( # 10,12,5,6)

Playing Winter Rules Swerve is on a distinguished road
    my game is weak right now but no excuse for my 86. 2 double with 8i in my hands, and 4 putts on the front nine missed inside 5ft. Very disappointing. Without much work, I could have easily carded a 79-80 and that would have been just fine with me.

Thread Information