+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: First Lesson

Forum Jedi XTOUR is on a distinguished road XTOUR's Avatar
    had my second lesson tonite. Nice to see the ball flight and ball go at the intended target. Worked on tempo today and the takeaway. I'm really impressed with Marc!!! Wish I would have done it sooner.
    Proud member of the 2010, 2011 ,2012 OG vs TGN RYDER CUP
    Captain of 2012 Team OG Ryder Cup Champions!

Habitual poster OutOfTheRough is on a distinguished road OutOfTheRough's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XTOUR View Post
    had my second lesson tonite. Nice to see the ball flight and ball go at the intended target. Worked on tempo today and the takeaway. I'm really impressed with Marc!!! Wish I would have done it sooner.
    Definitely better late than never Scott !

I had my first lesson with Joe today. Now I will be at the range tomorrow, working on a small swing plane change. Hopefully should be for the better, and it doesn't mess me up for this weekend !!
    Proud member of the 2012 OG vs TGN Ryder Cup winning team

Forum Jedi XTOUR is on a distinguished road XTOUR's Avatar
    Been to the range almost everyday. The driver has loft, irons better flight. I like the fact that I can focus on the tempo now and turning my right shoulder. I see the difference when I don't. I actually was hitting the hybrid off the grass tonite. Never was confident at going at the green from 210. Now I am. Might see a little go for the green this weekend during singles.
    Proud member of the 2010, 2011 ,2012 OG vs TGN RYDER CUP
    Captain of 2012 Team OG Ryder Cup Champions!

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Practice is the key, I have been unable to practice lately and I can see the difference already
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    Practice is the key, I have been unable to practice lately and I can see the difference already

Which is the main reason why I don't take lessons. I hardly have time to play, let alone practice what an instructor teaches me. Maybe once I retire.....which is what, only about 25 years away!!!! I can already feel the game getting better. LOL!!!
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Hopelessly Addicted jsttaylor is on a distinguished road jsttaylor's Avatar
    Going to take some lessons this year. First one soon. I want to go to GT east. Can people who have taken lessons there please recommend a teacher? Thanks.
    Born to Golf Forced to Work

Medalist cleek is on a distinguished road
    if you can drive west you should consider Gregg Foley , he has an indoor facility in Kanata

Hopelessly Addicted jsttaylor is on a distinguished road jsttaylor's Avatar
    I wouldn't mind driving west but I didn't think he worked at GT?
    Born to Golf Forced to Work

Medalist cleek is on a distinguished road
    he has his own spot now for the winter on Hines rd , March road south

~ 5 hitting stations ( into a net ) and a simulator

http://www.greggfoley.com/contact.php

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    I have a winter membership there and it is worth to go. He videos your swing and that is very helpful to see where and what to work on. He compares to a pro side by side and the differences are quite evident. Well worth it.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Team Match Play Champ 2011 quinner is on a distinguished road quinner's Avatar
    I have a winter membership there and it is worth to go. He videos your swing and that is very helpful to see where and what to work on. He compares to a pro side by side and the differences are quite evident. Well worth it.
    I have been going there as well and have been working on a few things. For those of you who don't have the time to get out to the range, it's amazing what standing in front of a mirror and going through the motions slowly will do for your swing. You really shouldn't be trying to implement swing changes at full speed anyway. Prior to Greg's being open I was working on stuff in front of the mirror and my swing has gotten substantially better in some of the smaller things in the swing. For example the hands are a head of the club more at impact, and my club head isn't as far inside on the take away as it used to be.

I highly recommend Greg as a teacher as well as his facility. Very laid back atmosphere that will lend to going and working on a few things as well as having some fun doing it. Hoping to win the closet to the pin this week!!!

No chance Quinner, its mine!!!
    Lefty Lucas

No chance Quinner, its mine!!!
    Gonna have to stick it inside the 5 foot range.

OK, I will give it a try, better than last week'es 10 inches!!
    Lefty Lucas

Just got a text that it's currently down to 4'8"....gonna have to make another deposit tonight I suppose.

Lob Wedge Ticker is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by jsttaylor View Post
    Going to take some lessons this year. First one soon. I want to go to GT east. Can people who have taken lessons there please recommend a teacher? Thanks.
    Had my first lesson today at GT East. It was pretty cool to see my swing for the first time and Marc Lacomb was really good. Straight to the point no BS kind of guy. Made some major changes already in my first lesson. We changed a ton of stuff regarding my swing.. feels really weird but with practice it should start feeling more automatic.

If you want to see what its like check out the video I received from my lesson and you'll get a good idea of what to expect.

http://www.v1sports.com/Academy/incl...AcademyID=GTWN

Ticker

Team Match Play Champ 2010 DenisO is on a distinguished road DenisO's Avatar
    What a difference! The top of the backswing looks funny, but the other improvements look solid. Nice.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Yep very well done.

3 Wood goley is on a distinguished road
    Body pivot looks much better but the swing without the ball is better but is too far inside out... once you put a ball there stick with that feeling and you will be very close to on plane. Marc is a great guy and a good teach.. now get to the range and put in some practice

Lob Wedge Ticker is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by DenisO View Post
    What a difference! The top of the backswing looks funny, but the other improvements look solid. Nice.
    Lol, it feels funnier than it looks I assure you! I plan on getting out this weekend to get some reps in at the range. My heads moving a lot more now but I think it's from trying to watch my swing and make sure I'm doing the things were trying to work on. What would you recommend to improve the top of my backswing?

Cheers

3 Wood goley is on a distinguished road
    Try to stick to the advise of just one person. Marc will most likely address your arm postion in the following lessons.

Thread Information