CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    8 Iron caddishack is on a distinguished road caddishack's Avatar

a few questions about the Optishot....

So guys, I played 3 rds with a buddy at my office yesterday and we had a really good time. As we played there were certain things that would arise and I decided to write them down and ask about them in here.

First off we played the black mountain course and I think it is the best course they have. Beautiful views and very well designed.

I have wondered about the green grid since day one. As similar as it is to Tiger Woods it is also somehow not correct in that the grid does not square up to the player putting so that he can properly read the break. In fact without the grid I think I could read it better. Is there a way to align it to the player so that you can actually tell if the ball will go right or left?

Now I know the unit originally used Tiger Woods to Simulate a golf game and yesterday we spent the time to set a game up to try it in TW. My buddy plays TW online and loves it so I agreed to at least give it a try although I told him if it was so good why did Dancindogg start designing there own courses.
    We started to play and it was awful. Hitting out of the rough would get you a 60 yard shot and there was no joy or realism to attempt it. Maybe we had the wrong version of TW (08) or maybe the course was set up wrong but I thought to myself, if this was the only way to use this unit after I had bought it I would have been very disapointed.

Lastly I want to know about this power option when selecting a club. I cant for the life of me understand why it is even offered. It is like a drug once you use it. I could drive greens 320 yards and thought, this is so far from real. I am not sure why it is there and once you use it, it's hard to say no to it, especially when you are competing. Makes me feel a little like Bubba

Lastly again!!! Is there any way to survey the green from different angles that I may not realize? I found that if you click the right mouse button and hold it down you can move around either side of your ball but I also realized that it was changing the aim at the same time.

so also I would love to know if there are any hidden features in the game that are not obvious seeing that there is really no manual on game play.

6 Iron Daddyfats is on a distinguished road
    You can't move around to survey the greens. It is tough to read them.
    The updated software will be better because it will show how balls roll when placed on the green.

Thread Information