100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Caddy larry is on a distinguished road larry's Avatar

Driving to Florida

Anyone driven to or back from Florida lately? Any major road construction I should try and avoid? Thanks.

Golf Pig of the Year 07,08 rpangman is on a distinguished road rpangman's Avatar
    If you are taking I-75 there should be no problems. Even when you encounter construction, you drive through it at 60 MPH.

Birdie Sunny D is on a distinguished road Sunny D's Avatar
    Just did the trip first week of February - 81 to 77 to 95 going down coming back 95 to 64 to 81 - some construction on both 77 and 64 no major delays. They were lane reductions for 5 to 10 miles then it would open up again. Slowed down to 30 mph on a couple of them. Nothing significant.

Monday Qualifier Fallys0820 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks for the updates on the traffic. I'm heading down on March 5th for 2 weeks and it's our first time driving.

Fally
    aka Scott
    Twitter: @Scott_Fally
    "The finest people in the world...are golfers." -- Ben Hogan

Par Samick is on a distinguished road
    From Ottawa...I'm not sure which way you would go. Being from the GTA we went down through Buffalo and had no construction and smooth sailing...coming back I-75 we hit a snag in Detroit with major construction going on, getting re-routed around what felt like three circles.

9 Iron Chanter is on a distinguished road
    We drive to Saint Augustine every year and cross at Ogdensburg then to 81-95. You just have to watch your timing through Wasington. We're planning on stopping just north of it on day 1 (around Frederick) then leaving early again Sunday morning to get past it. We leave March 5th for 2 weeks as well.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    No problems--watch speed in Virginia 81 to 66 --onto 17 and then 95 all the way
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Putter McGrumpy is on a distinguished road
    We were down there the week of the 7th of Feb. Took the bridge before Kingston and drove the 81. If you jump on the 17 towards Winchester you can avoid Washington. Take the 17 to Fredericksberg and you will get on the 95. The 95 will take you straight down.

Hampton Inn's are about $99.00 and nice.

Putter McGrumpy is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    No problems--watch speed in Virginia 81 to 66 --onto 17 and then 95 all the way
    x2

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 gbower is on a distinguished road
    I now take I-81 all the way down to I-77 and across through Charlotte to I-95 and find it a much more relaxing drive than going through Fredicksburg. I hate I-95 with a passion so the least time to spend on it the better. I'll agree about the cops in Virginia and beware near the Florida border going both ways.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Hey guys--just heard on the local news---I-95 just at the Georgia border will lose 1 lane south for this week-for approx 15 miles. Looks like they are laying asphalt.

Other than that the temperature today is 81 degrees !!!
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 gbower is on a distinguished road
    Just talked with a friend who's daughter just got a ticket in Georgia on I-95 and said that after she got hers she saw seven others stopped so be careful in Georgia. She was the last car in a group that were all above the speed limit. Keep it below 80mph and you'll probably be fine.

Birdie Sunny D is on a distinguished road Sunny D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbower View Post
    Just talked with a friend who's daughter just got a ticket in Georgia on I-95 and said that after she got hers she saw seven others stopped so be careful in Georgia. She was the last car in a group that were all above the speed limit. Keep it below 80mph and you'll probably be fine.

Been driving to Florida for a few yaers now. My view is set the cruise control for about 9 mph over the limit and go. I've driven through lots of speed control zones and have never had a problem. I believe that they are looking for the 15 mph and over crowd. I have had my doors blown off by someone only to see them pulled over miles down the road. Lots of cops in Georgia and Virginia.

Monday Qualifier Fallys0820 is on a distinguished road
    Just got down here yesterday. Traffic was great all the way down, but doing most of the driving at night helped that I guess.

The highlight of the drive was taking a "detour" to Augusta, Georgia, getting 10 ft through the gates at Augusta National and then having the security guard stifle the thrill. Took a handful of very superficial photos as we couldn't get out of the car, but it was still an incredible feeling to be that far in.

Anyway, hopefully I'll get a few rounds in this next two weeks.

Fally
    aka Scott
    Twitter: @Scott_Fally
    "The finest people in the world...are golfers." -- Ben Hogan

4 Iron poppadon56 is on a distinguished road poppadon56's Avatar
    Arrived yesterday 13th, in Orlando, I81-I77-I26-I95 smooth sailing all the way. No construction. Found a really nice place in Columbia,SC to stay at Fairfield - Residence Inn, I77 Exit 19 highly recommend.

Really hot, 85F today.

Fore

Thread Information