CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dustin Dustup

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road

Dustin Dustup

Dustin Johnson was late for his first round tee time at the recent Northern Trust Open because he relied on his caddy to keep track of time, which he did not. Fortunately, a PGA Tour official told DJ that he was late and DJ raced up the 100 foot hill to arrive 4:50 AFTER his scheduled T time. And with more good fortune, the Conditions of Competition had the 5 minute local rule in effect, so DJ was only penalized two strokes for his tardiness versus being disqualified.

Golf Channel reporter Jim Gray, when he became aware of the penalty, went out on the course to interview DJ about his blunder but was prevented from doing so by the caddie. After the round, the caddie, Bobbie Brown and Gray, got into a heated, profanity laced argument, and GC withdrew Gray from the telecast.

Championship Cup sensfan63 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by BC MIST View Post
    Dustin Johnson was late for his first round tee time at the recent Northern Trust Open because he relied on his caddy to keep track of time, which he did not. Fortunately, a PGA Tour official told DJ that he was late and DJ raced up the 100 foot hill to arrive 4:50 AFTER his scheduled T time. And with more good fortune, the Conditions of Competition had the 5 minute local rule in effect, so DJ was only penalized two strokes for his tardiness versus being disqualified.

Golf Channel reporter Jim Gray, when he became aware of the penalty, went out on the course to interview DJ about his blunder but was prevented from doing so by the caddie. After the round, the caddie, Bobbie Brown and Gray, got into a heated, profanity laced argument, and GC withdrew Gray from the telecast.
    I thought that it was the actual tee time that the player/caddie were confused about...for example, they thought it was 820 but actually it was 750? That's what I understood it to be, anyway.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by sensfan63 View Post
    I thought that it was the actual tee time that the player/caddie were confused about...for example, they thought it was 820 but actually it was 750? That's what I understood it to be, anyway.
    The actual time was 7:32. It is Dustin's routine, apparently, to leave the the starting time up to his caddie, who admitted that he screwed up.

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    The best thing about this is that Jim Gray got the boot.

Quote Originally Posted by BC MIST View Post

Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Who tries get an interview while they are still playing? It definately seems odd. Even if the situation were posative, save the interviews for after the round.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilroy View Post
    Who tries get an interview while they are still playing? It definately seems odd. Even if the situation were posative, save the interviews for after the round.
    that, and he's gotta know Dustin and the caddy are ** for being late. duh.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    I always thought Jim Gray was a weasel. So I googled "Jim Gray is a weasel", and it's been confirmed with a link.

Singles Match Play Champ 2010 Ruskie is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by nokids View Post
    I always thought Jim Gray was a weasel. So I googled "Jim Gray is a weasel", and it's been confirmed with a link.
    ROFL!!! This is too funny There're, indeed, many pages that confirm your assessment. There's even one titled with that sentence.

Caddy larry is on a distinguished road larry's Avatar
    Glad Jim Gray got the boot. The guy is a jerk.

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruskie View Post
    ROFL!!! This is too funny There're, indeed, many pages that confirm your assessment. There's even one titled with that sentence.
    There's actually two matches now in the google search results. One of them is this thread.

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Isn't Jim Gray the weasel the guy who got in a shouting match with Corey Pavin?
    Al Gore didn't invent the internet, but he did invent global warming.

Thread Information