CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Putting Woes

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Yes, trust your instincts Mike
    Attached Images
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    Nice photo. As you know I used to putt anything inside 10 feet with my eyes closed. It worked very well, though it drove the other players crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    Yes, trust your instincts Mike
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Mike, you also need to make the sound like Chevy did in Caddyshack, na-na-na-na-na. Then you will hear the sound of the ball falling into the cup.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Sir Post-a-lot bobblehead is on a distinguished road bobblehead's Avatar
    I came across this topic on another site....your eye dominance and the amount of offset your putter should have...

https://goodeputter.com/DEO_2.html

That is a great little gadget, do you know if it makes any difference if your dominant eye is closer to the target, i.e. I am left handed and my dominant eye is my right eye which makes it closer to the hole when looking down the line.
    Lefty Lucas

Sir Post-a-lot bobblehead is on a distinguished road bobblehead's Avatar
    I think the eye dominance and amount of offset let's you get the ball closer to the dominant eye...i think

Right handed -left eye dominance =less offset
    Right handed -right eye dominance=more offset
    Left handed -left eye dominance=more offset
    Left handed -right eye dominance =less offset

I'm right handed and right eye dominant....I'm going to try a full offset putter to start the season.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by mpare View Post
    I have a new putter with which I have been practicing my old, freer stroke. Three putting will not be an issue this summer. Wax on. Wax off.
    I can already hear the coins dropping into the little bag hanging off your golf bag!!!
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Forum Jedi XTOUR is on a distinguished road XTOUR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kilmidyke View Post
    I also struggle with putting. The more i try and think about what I am doing, the worse my putting usually gets and I end up trying too hard and choking the grip or just giving up and not trying at all. It has been pretty bad really. So, I just bought a used Momentus Inside Down The Line short track to try and help me with the perennial putting woes.

So far so good. I guess I am a tactile learner, I need to feel it and that is what this IDTL seems to give me. This little track actually felt quite natural to use straight away, which is unusual for any training aid I think. This method/feel is what I think I have been trying to do the whole time without actually knowing it. All I really want to do is groove a natural stroke so that i dont have to think about it. Just pick a line and trust that I can get it close or better yet hole it and that is all any of us are trying to do. Eliminate the 3 putts and we are scoring pretty darned well.

I dont really ever buy into the hype about training aids but this one seems to really work and honestly it doesnt seem to make any diffrence what style of putter you use. Lets face it, I have a few putters, and I've tried pretty much all of them with this and they all produce the same result. A dead straight roll with very little hop off the face. Well nearly all, the centre shafted face balanced need to be more SBST, but even they still fall a little to the inside at the very end of the backswing so me and the ball have to be moved forward in relation to the track if you know what I mean. I'm not saying it's for everyone but so far it seems to be working well in the house....of course that may well change out in the real world on the short grass.

Infomercials!!.......dont even get me started on the slap chop! linguini, martini, bikini....you're gonna love my nuts! lmao
    Thought about buying a IDTL but thought I could mimick the swing naturally. I've only practiced the last couple days but I notice a difference from the SBST approach. How has your putting been this year on the greens using this method?
    Proud member of the 2010, 2011 ,2012 OG vs TGN RYDER CUP
    Captain of 2012 Team OG Ryder Cup Champions!

Lob Wedge Samba-Jane is on a distinguished road
    tried the mallet putter and my putting got worst... i guess it's just me and not my clubs
    [URL="http://www.SambaDays.com"]SambaDays.com[/URL]

Thread Information