100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Putter Dablue is on a distinguished road

Need Advice Pro 7 , CG2 and Pro tee

Good day all, Anybody can give me advice which sim between Pro 7 , CG2 foresight or Pro tee fit for my cafe? ( I plan to ad my cafe sim golf for my customer which is problaly new in golf/ Beginner)

Thanks for the advice

Sand Wedge pboon is on a distinguished road
    I am leaning towards the GC2 myself, however I'm waiting on reviews regarding course play plus clubpath info before going to the bank.

I've got my basement all setup using Optishot at this time just waiting to pull that trigger. Its fun with DDG, but I'm looking for better ball flight simulation. For example, DDG doesn't know the difference between a wiff, bladed, solid strike and simulates it the same.

Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road
    If you're setting up in a commercial environment (like a cafe), I would rule out the GC2. It has to be moved to accommodate left and right hand players, which isn't really feasible in a commercial setting - you'll certainly have players that shoot both ways coming in, so you need something that works seamlessly for them.

The Pro 7 is really good hardware. I've been meaning to post a proper review of it for AGES now, but just haven't found the time. It's on my to do list...

The ProTee would be comparable to the Pro 7 from what I've seen. The main difference is launch angle. The Pro 7 has an integrated launch angle sensor in the pad, which again works great for a commercial setting (no additional web cam to set up). I believe the web cam that will be coming for the Pro Tee will probably detect higher launch angles than the Pro 7 (40 degree limit) but again a webcam isn't ideal for a commercial setting.

The one thing I'm not super keen on is that Golftek sells the GPS Golf software with the Pro 7 and not GSA Golf (the software essentially used by Pro Tee and Foresight Sports for the GC2). I have to admit I've never used GPS Golf, but from the screenshots and videos I saw, I was just never very impressed with it so I bought GSA Golf and integrated it with my Pro 7 myself.

7 Iron Deverx is on a distinguished road
    How much doe's Pro 7 unit run?

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Good points rdh. I think that any of the Pro7, ProTee or GGS sims will be great for commercial setting. The launch cam is not ready as of yet for the ProTee and I think will be situated to allow for right and left players.

blackfire
    If you are ready to spend the money for a GC2 I realy think you should call Cory at www.Par2pro.com and ask him about sportscoatch camera system. It's perfect for bolt left and right player. It measures ball speed, launch angle, ball direction, back spin and side spin. It also measures club head speed, path and face angle at impact.

some pro are saying that it's better then aboutgolf.

Foregolf as been announced as the official golf simulator of the PGA Learning Center at the january PGA show and they're using the sportscoatch camera system.

The Pro 7 was (when I bought) $4,500 for the main sensor pad, plus $900 for the putting sensor. There were a couple other add-on prices (for the adjustable tee, etc.) but they weren't significant.

Did that include the GSA courses rdh or was that separate?

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    The Protee would probably be OK if the web cam can be mounted in the wall behind a glass opening, so that a drunk golfer won't accidentally walk into it.

Have you looked at the ADX from GGS? It has built in LA + ball path and speed. $7500 including GSA simulation.

But to be honest, this has just been released and I have no idea how good it is. There's not much detail at the GGS site.

Lob Wedge 12tree is on a distinguished road

Ggs adx

The ADX looks like a combination of the PX2 and V2, which you could by from the OEM site for about $3,300, but then you would have to build the housing and purchase the fiberbuilt mat. Has anyone used the V2 launch angle pad from GGS?

Bubba - The software was additional.

I think the ADX is quite different than the PX2 and V2 together. In fact that picture is of the PX2 and V2 together however the internal components should be different.

Gap Wedge imanidiot is on a distinguished road
    OK so I have been away... in fact I am in Austin, Tx and playing Falconhead on Monday. A new PGA signature course here. My question on here is how big of a job is it to actually move the CG2 for left and right handed players? Is it just a matter of dragging it over to the other side? Or is it a matter of actually getting it perfectly lined up and such. If it just has to be close then it may be on option for me. We could draw/tape lines on the floor to indicate a close area but if it needs to be REALLY precise Im not sure I want to go that route.
    Thanks for any help.

blackfire
    I think it can be moved with tape indicating location but I'm not sure I would go that way for a commercial installation. do you whant to be able to get it home or to the range for your personnal use? cause if not, you'd get more courses for a lower price with sportscoatch high speed cam system.

http://www.sports-coach.com/

I would definitively go that route if I had around 15K I think it's less then that with 40 courses.

blackfire
    Quote Originally Posted by imanidiot View Post
    OK so I have been away... in fact I am in Austin, Tx and playing Falconhead on Monday. A new PGA signature course here. My question on here is how big of a job is it to actually move the CG2 for left and right handed players? Is it just a matter of dragging it over to the other side? Or is it a matter of actually getting it perfectly lined up and such. If it just has to be close then it may be on option for me. We could draw/tape lines on the floor to indicate a close area but if it needs to be REALLY precise Im not sure I want to go that route.
    Thanks for any help.
    by the way yes it needs to be precise cause just a few degree not perfectly square and you get wrong ball direction.

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Blackfire,

Any idea how the Sports Coach detects the club? On thier site, they say the club is detected 2 ft before impact and then on the follow through, but they don't say how it's done. With GGS, you have to put 2 white marks on the club.

It does look like a good system for the price, especially with the spin camera, but the GPS courses don't look as good as CPG/GSA courses.

9 Iron SDL is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfire View Post
    by the way yes it needs to be precise cause just a few degree not perfectly square and you get wrong ball direction.
    I don't think that's true for the GC2. It only needs to be close; otherwise, it would be much too difficult to set up on the range. It allows you to tee or place your ball anywhere within a grid, which allows you to use different grass/sand surfaces with this unit rather than placing the ball on a fixed spot on a sensor pad.

SDL

Thread Information