100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Gap Wedge Steel is on a distinguished road Steel's Avatar

Dose of reality, the sad state of golf in Vancouver

Now I remember why I quite playing 11 years ago, went out as a single today, got stuck with 2 people who didn't say a word, and couldn't hit it past their own shadow, got stuck behind a foursome who was slower than you can imagine, plus a foursome behind so loud you could hear them from half way down the fairway. All sorry to say were oriental, don't think I am prejudice, I am half oriental myself! If I had to play every round like that I would stop playing. Thankfully I walked across a fairway and got in front of the slow foursome, no one in front of them for who know's how many holes, I skipped 2 holes, 6 and 7 but gladly did so just to get the h#$%^ out of there, didn't see another person the rest of the way around. played one ball and hit a bunch of practice shots so it turned out to be a productive day. Just confirms my decision to get a membership at a club, can't deal with some of the idiot's at public courses
    A man's got to know his limitations

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    It's February and you are golfing. Come to Ottawa and look at the 40cm of snow on the ground right now. It will be 6 weeks before we can dream of playing.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Albatross goliath is on a distinguished road goliath's Avatar
    I joined a private club for the same reason. Although I haven't encountered many horrible groups last year other than 1 group of young guys behind us who almost hit us 4 times. By e end we were hitting their balls in the woods while waving at them and had the marshal follow their play so that we don't get hit.

But some really slow play was irritating at times and the fact that many people didn't care if they ruined the course for others.

Gotta Post Break68 is on a distinguished road Break68's Avatar

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by goliath View Post
    By e end we were hitting their balls in the woods while waving at them and had the marshal follow their play so that we don't get hit.
    I will remember that one next time someone hits into my group!
    Obviously you're not a golfer.

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    That's really unfortunate, especially after growing up there. It's been a few years since I've had to play as a single, however playing at the Falls, University Club, Furrey Creek,Westwood Plateau and Morgan Creek over the years, I've never had an issue.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    You have to come and play here in the Ottawa-Gatineau area.Nothing but friendly people and fast rounds of golf(well,at least at our course)LOL.

Goliath's story reminds me of something I did some years ago, playing at Peace Portals in Surrey, same type of situation, guys hit into us several times, we asked them nicely not to do it again, and of course they did it again, and again. So I just teed up one of their balls in the fairway and rifled it rite back onto the tee box and waved nicely. They didn't say a word. Hey Colby , I haven't experienced this type of problem at Northview, King's Link's or any of the more upscale courses, I think the majority of this problem is at the city muni courses, I have vowed not to go back.

Sand Wedge wagolfpro is on a distinguished road
    Steel, come down to Spokane and we'll get out and play some quick, fun golf! We run marshals 7 days a week at our course because it is busy, but they keep the play moving. Most days it is a 4:15 round for our course, and not much drama.

I used to live just north of you in he East Kootenays of B.C. I have heard there are some great courses around Spokane and a lot less expensive than playing n B.C.

Sand Wedge wagolfpro is on a distinguished road
    We've got a lot of great courses, and the most you would pay for any public golf here is around $30. We get a lot of BC groups at our course: it's more like a country club n the layout and condition. If you ever get a chance, pm me first and I'll help you set up rounds at the best courses here, and maybe I can skip work to give you the tour!

Thread Information