CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Pitching Wedge tortoise is on a distinguished road

Rain Check Policies in the Ottawa Area

Hi All.

I have a question regarding the rain check policies of courses in the area.

This saturday some friends from out of town and I attempted to play a round of golf. We didn't mind playing in the rain but when there was lightining, we had to call it off. The 4 of us had paid for 18, plus a cart, and only managed to complete six holes.

When we returned to the clubhouse, we enquired about their rain check policy. The kind lady working the desk informed us that had we only completed 3-4 holes they could give us a rain check. But because we had completed six, the best they could do was 2 two-for-one coupons, plus a cart for 9 holes.

To me this seems a little unfair as we were only interested in playing 9 holes on sunday.

The lady mentioned that this was the general policy of the courses in the nearby area. Is this the case?

Thanks in advance for the replies?

Jon

Andru
    It's typical Ottawa Valley Customer service. There's 3 or 4 in the region that offer exceptional Customer Relations. PM for details. The rest basically behave as though they're doing you a favour by offering you golf.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar

pretty weak IMHO

I think at Loch March, it used to be if you completed 9 but less than 18, you would get a 9 hole rain check. If you played less than 9, you would get an 18 hole rain check. Seems to make logical sense.

I would have told her to keep her rain check and that you'd be happy to take your golfing business elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc
    I think at Loch March, it used to be if you completed 9 but less than 18, you would get a 9 hole rain check. If you played less than 9, you would get an 18 hole rain check. Seems to make logical sense.

I would have told her to keep her rain check and that you'd be happy to take your golfing business elsewhere.
    That is exactly what I told her.

"No, I do not want the coupons, I just won't come back."

To me, what they did was simply bad customer service. We weren't going to pay to come back the next day. So either way they were not going to get any more money out of us. If we had come back the next day, it was a good bet that we were going to buy some food and drinks....

the loch march policy is brilliant - much more than fair.
    Last edited by tortoise; 10-05-2004 at 11:05 AM.

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road
    Some courses don't even offer rainchecks which is totally unfair. I think the Loch March policy should be used at every golf course especially when there is lightening involved.
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Quote Originally Posted by EDSGOLF
    Some courses don't even offer rainchecks which is totally unfair. I think the Loch March policy should be used at every golf course especially when there is lightening involved.
    I agree - we didn't quit playing because of bad weather - or rain... It was due to safety reasons.

We didn't want this to happen:
    http://cfra.com/headlines/index.asp?cat=1&nid=20231

Aromabean
    that sounds like a Gatineau course (in Aylmer of all places! but that's a topic for another thread) policy.

My buddy & I had the same problem last year when we played there...basically the second we stepped on the course, the best she would offer was a 2-1 for during the week....ugh...never EVER going back...

Medalist faldo is on a distinguished road faldo's Avatar
    Since you had their carts I would have sat out on the course until they gave you coupons for free rounds. :reallymad

It's amazing how slow you can play when you want too. Just wave them thru & keep going back to re-hit from the correct spot.....

Believe me, I would still be there!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by faldo
    Since you had their carts I would have sat out on the course until they gave you coupons for free rounds. :reallymad

It's amazing how slow you can play when you want too. Just wave them thru & keep going back to re-hit from the correct spot.....

Believe me, I would still be there!!!!

Well, we definitely entertained the idea of driving around the course for the afternoon... the problem was that the rain SOAKED the 4 of us.... then a cool north wind came up.... We were frozen...

BlackdoG
    We were at Calabogie Highlands this past weekend. It started pouring down when we were on six. They gave us a raincheck for the entire round. Course was in ok condition, but the were airrating on Monday. Also, price is now only $20 per round. The nice thing about the rain check is that it is good until June 05.

Played Pineview on Tuesday, and the champion course is in excellent condition. They said that they will not be airrating this year, so if you don't mind the flat course its a good bargin (now $25 per round).

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Played Mississippi GC in July where I am still a shareholder, but not a member, and after torrential rains, the course was obviously unplayable. Asked for a rain check after playing only 6 holes and received one for 9 holes.

This means that to play 18 I can use the rain check, plus have to pay their 9 hole rate which is more than half their eighteen hole rate. They can stuff it. It's was good reminder of why I left the place.

Thread Information