100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Putter capth4u is on a distinguished road

A few questions.

Hello everyone... I am new to the forum and I have a few questions. What kind of reflective tape would work best on OptiShot? I know that DD comes out with updates... so I was wondering if they haves made any software updates to the program itself besides the courses?

I am also looking to buy a net and mat but do not want to go over board... any suggestions? I was looking at the Callaway quad 8ft net

http://www.golfsmith.com/products/29...9;_Hitting_Net

or

http://www.dwquailgolf.com/training/net_dpro_giant.html

If you know about these or another please let me know.

Thanks you all

Adam

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Any reflective tape will work. Check the p3pro site for taping methods. Either net will do. Are you planning on hitting into net and watching on computer/tv or are you planning a impact screen with projection?

I am looking for a net that I can use outside and inside. I want something that I can hit golf balls into as well as birdie balls or foam balls inside. I seen another net called The Net Return... I found one for around 250 used but I dont know if its any better than the other two I mentioned in last post. From the reviews on The Net Return... it sounds solid. What about a mat? Thanks again

I don't use a net. Most here probably use impact screens and simulate with a projector. i suspect any of those nets will do. The Net return does look nice and that is not a bad price. Go for it and give us a review.

Thanks ... Our house is not setup well for a simulator ...only our living room would work but "You know who" might not like the clutter So I might do it inside every now and again but the majority of the time will be outside on the laptop. I need something I can setup in a reasonable time What would be a good mat? I seen online that these are a "good" mat

http://www.dwquailgolf.com/training/DuraPro4x5Comm.html

Thanks again

Adam

How are you planning to use the DD outside? That is a good mat however you can find cheaper ones on ebay.

Cant I just hook it to my laptop?

The problem is that the dd works with reflective infrared technology. Ambient light (sunlight) will affect it for sure. It really is meant for infoor use. This is right from their website:
    Can I use the OptiShot outside?
    No. OptiShot is designed to be used inside and must have the proper lighting conditions for its infrared sensors to function accurately. If your simulator is reporting inaccurate or non-sensical swing results, the most likely cause is your lighting environment. OptiShot cannot be used in direct sunlight.
    To setup a room with optimal lighting conditions, take the following steps:
    1. Replace any light bulbs with fluorescent or compact fluorescent bulbs. Eliminate incandescent and halogen light.
    2. Pull the shades on or cover any windows to prevent any outdoor light from entering the room.
    3. Adjust any furniture that might be causing shadows to cross one or more or the sensors.
    4. Overhead fluorescent light is generally better that light from the side of the room.
    With your room setup properly your simulator should give you accurate and consistent results.
    Check it out at http://support.dancindogg.com/faq#faq5.

You can try it outdoors however it may give some inacurrate results.

Hmmm ... then I might has to use a foam ball inside. We have a separate summer home that is about 20 x 15 but the ceiling is low. I guess its in the living room with a foam ball... but I still need a net for outside. Im talking with the guy as we speak about the net return... its a pro series net but I think I might order the side nets or try to make some... I am sure it isnt to hard to find some good netting and tie it on and down

Have you looked at the limited flight balls? Try the Almost golf ball.

No .. I will look into that ... I guess Ill need something to stop them from banging off the walls... what do you think would be fast to put up? thank you!

You could use a net, impact screen etc.

7 Iron tahosrfr is on a distinguished road
    Hi Capt. I'm forced to use my DD in the living room too. I had to figure out a way to get it up and down quickly. This is my setup. I bought that same commercial mat u are looking at from Amazon. Its a few bucks cheaper with shipping. Return policy is better. Depending on where you live it make take a couple a wks to get there. Quality is great. You will however still need to get something to bring it up to the same height as the DD hitting pad. I went to home depot and bought a sheet of 1/2 inch foam insulation. Then I just lay the hitting mat directly on top and it stays just fine. You will have to of course cut the hole out to lay the DD within the mat. No biggie. I used a fine blade on my scroll saw. Measure twice cut once The net took me three tries, cuz I needed something I could get up and down quickly. I finally settled on one of those nets you twist and it collapsed onto itself and is self supporting. There are a few different brands. I think Izzo even has one. Expect to pay about a 100 bucks. Finally once I realized there was no way I was hitting real ball in the house without a full enclosure I found those almost golf, golf balls. I like em and they give me pretty accurate data with the DD. I stash everything the bedroom against a wall. When its time to play it takes on about 10min to get all setup. The computer is connected to my plasma so I only have to hit the power switch. Until I can figure out a full time hitting bay, i am satified. Thats my opinion. hope this helps.

Lob Wedge Spikel is on a distinguished road
    $100 for a net? I'm trying to save money, this one claims it's easy to setup and is only $40. Is there some kind of catch?

http://www.amazon.com/Izzo-Big-Daddy...7825214&sr=8-9

7 Iron tahosrfr is on a distinguished road
    I had that net and didn't end up using only because I can't set it up or take it down fast enough. Once you set this thing up you are going to want to leave it up, and its large. Other than that it's fine.

Thread Information