CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stay and Play

barrieboy

Stay and Play

Hi guys,

Looking for your suggestions for a good location for some spring stay and play golf packages. Half our group is from Ottawa and the other is from Toronto. Something in any location, or in between would be great!

Golf Pig of the Year 07,08 rpangman is on a distinguished road rpangman's Avatar
    If you don't mind the drive to north Florida; try Quail Heights G&CC in Lake City, FL. They have a web site. 27 hole championship course.

Par gregnol is on a distinguished road gregnol's Avatar

Michigan golf mecca

As rpangman said if you don't mind the drive Michigan has a lot of great golf resorts with really good deals, Here's the website with all the deals and courses in the area.
    www.gaylordgolfmecca.com/

barrieboy
    Appreciate the suggestions guys, but we are looking to stay fairly local. Getting the boys together for the weekend is the main objective, just wondering if there is anything worth while around!

Par gregnol is on a distinguished road gregnol's Avatar

smugglers glen

smugglers glen has some good deals for the first 6 weeks of the season might be worth checking out.

Gap Wedge lefty2 is on a distinguished road
    We are in the same boat as you.

Last yr we went to Belleville and played Black Bear Ridge, Timber Ridge and Trillium Wood. We stayed at a Holiday Inn Express right in Belleville just off the highway - very xconvenient and was pretty good. BBR and TR are both great courses (defnitely above avg for Ottawa area) and challenging too and TW I would say rated as a very nice "local" type course.

The year before we went to Smugglers and stayed in a cottage at the Glen House acrossed the street. I would say Smugglers, BBR and TR were all great courses, with Smugglers and BBR being more similar in style to each other. Not sure which of the 3 I liked best, they were all great courses, but I do recall TR definitely had the toughest, fastest greens of the three.

Not sure where to go this yr. Could you let me know if you find another alternative to these.

Thanks.
    [FONT=Century Gothic]lefty2[/FONT]

barrieboy
    Hey Guys,

Thanks for the responses! We decided on Smugglers Glen in May and we are going to stay at the Glen House Cottages.. Looking forward to it!

Thread Information