100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road
    Looks like virtual golf is on the GPS Golf software. Those seem to be the two standards in the industry (at least in the mid-range market) - GPS or a variation of GSA/red chain. From what I know, GPS is still an older engine from red chain.

blackfire
    ok it's the same as sportscoatch, golftek and foregolf

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Your right rdh. It is GPS.

blackfire
    Quote Originally Posted by rdh View Post
    Looks like virtual golf is on the GPS Golf software. Those seem to be the two standards in the industry (at least in the mid-range market) - GPS or a variation of GSA/red chain. From what I know, GPS is still an older engine from red chain.
    yes your right I think red chain looks a bit more up to date

blackfire
    the E6 is a notch over

Fully agree.

blackfire
    but the price difference is there

Putter MrGym is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by ckcsm View Post
    The Dead Solid simulator seemed pretty accurate, but a topped ball would register almost the same as a good shot at times. The graphics are good but not great; they didn't opt for HD projector. I don't have much to compare to as I have not played on other equiptment. .
    I realize this is a little oder post, but since I run an indoor facility using the Deadsolid Systems, I thought I may be able to shed some light. On most of these machines , the LA sensor can be turned off. When the launch sensor is off, the simulator will calculate the ball flight based on the general angle of the club used. I know we sometimes turn of the launch angle sensor in order to prevent mis-read shots; sometimes a good hit may register as a duff. When the launch angle sensor is off, the flight off the ball is based on the swing speed, the club, and the position of the head as it comes through the contact zone.
    I hope this helps.
    Doug

Thanks MrGym. Let me understand what you are saying, you often turn " off" the launch cam because it is prone to errors? So are you saying that the launch cam gives too many errors when on?

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    That is what he is saying bubba22, but to be clear, there is no LA camera here. The LA is measured by an IR floor sensor that is just ahead of the club sensor mat.

Yes Z you are absolutely right. The Dead Solid Golf sim launch angle is sensor based. It is the Holiday Golf that has the cam. Too bad that the sensor based launch measurement for Dead solid is not "dead solid".

LOL!! Either that or it was never setup correctly. These sims sell for $40K brand new I believe. $7K and $15K on Ebay.

$400 for a DD.

Quote Originally Posted by bubba22 View Post
    Thanks MrGym. Let me understand what you are saying, you often turn " off" the launch cam because it is prone to errors? So are you saying that the launch cam gives too many errors when on?
    That is correct. It may happen once or twice a round, so during league play, which is in the scramble format, we turn it off. In the scramble format, there are no mulligans, so we do not take a chance. However, when guys just come in for the driving range or practice rounds, we go by their preference.

Quote Originally Posted by ZMax View Post
    That is what he is saying bubba22, but to be clear, there is no LA camera here. The LA is measured by an IR floor sensor that is just ahead of the club sensor mat.
    That is correct, sorry I did not add that to my reply.

MrGym, do you what the problem is with the LA device?

Has Deadsolidgolf been out to look at it?

I have had to have a board reworked, and it still will miss read now and then. Personally, I just feel that being optic based, it will just miss read the ball or club. I sometimes get mis reads if my lights are not adjusted correctly, or if I have shadows. So my personal opinion is that it is just the type of technology being used. I have 2 DS systems, and 3 boards, one older and one newer, and both systems and all 3 boards are not accurate 100% of the time on the LA.
    You can check out my facility at ElectricLinksGolf.com. The main downside that I see with the DS sims is not being able to putt out. Once you are inside 15 feet, it will putt out for you. Also, the greens are difficult to read, however, my newer software will let you select a grid view, which helps. Anyway, due to the lack of putting, I installed two putting simulators.

Nice place you got there. How long have you had these simulators? I see that the LA device has a halogen light shining on it. Which tells me that it might be shadow based just like the club sensor. This makes me question Dead Solid Golf's ability to actually measure LA. If shadows are causing miss reads of club and ball, it tells me that the software needs work.

Simulators such as Protee 2.0 and GGS PX5 also use shadow optical sensors for the club, but they have added cameras for measuring LA and ball path/speed. Both are very reliable and very accurate. Both will allow you to putt out. The technology is pretty good if used properly. But using shadows for LA is questionable.

I don't know how big Dead Solid Golf is or how long they've been around but from what you're telling us, their simulators are not worth the price they're asking.

Thank you for coming here and sharing your experience.
    Last edited by ZMax; 11-17-2011 at 01:20 AM.

Great info MrGym. Thanks for sharing 4 sure.

Quote Originally Posted by ZMax View Post
    Nice place you got there. How long have you had these simulators? I see that the LA device has a halogen light shining on it. Which tells me that it might be shadow based just like the club sensor. This makes me question Dead Solid Golf's ability to actually measure LA. If shadows are causing miss reads of club and ball, it tells me that the software needs work.

Simulators such as Protee 2.0 and GGS PX5 also use shadow optical sensors for the club, but they have added cameras for measuring LA and ball path/speed. Both are very reliable and very accurate. Both will allow you to putt out. The technology is pretty good if used properly. But using shadows for LA is questionable.

I don't know how big Dead Solid Golf is or how long they've been around but from what you're telling us, their simulators are not worth the price they're asking.

Thank you for coming here and sharing your experience.
    Dead Solid has been around for about 20 years. I have had these Sims for 5 years, both were purchased used. In my humble opinion, Dead Solid is being surpassed by recent technology. I like a lot of things about DeadSolid: I like the data tracking for every golfer. It keeps track of everything you could want to know about every club you swing, and can be printed out for the customer. I like being able to set up scrambles, skins, match and stroke play. I like the fact that I can sell advertising space on the holes. I do like the long drive contests on the moon. And I like the club head animation after each swing. I do not like: Not being able to putt out, No wind (not that big of a deal), And No putting at all in scramble mode.
    Overall, these have been pretty good systems, but I have looked into upgrading to a camera based system. I looked at one at Murfield this year, it may have been AboutGolf, but I'm not positive. Regardless, they must not have been too interested in selling as I e-mailed the business card address and e-mailed from their website and got NO reply. Anyway, it looked good, but I would have to sell my DS untis first, as Ido not have room to add 2 units. Is there a place here on the forums that would let me do that?

Thank you for letting me share, and thank you for sharing, this is a great site.

Doug

Yes, you can place the ad at the link below. But keep in mind that most here are Canadians.

http://forum.OttawaGolf.com/forumdis...Other-Golf-Ads

Thread Information