CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wheels/Tires

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar

Question Wheels/Tires

I have a buddy who is going to buy a push cart this year and take up walking for health reasons. When I bought my Sun Mountain cart several years ago I had the choice of either plastic or pheumatic. I was told that the pump up roll MUCH better than the solid plastic. To chaps I happened to be golfing with one day each had one kind and in an unscientific test the pump up tires rolled a lot further. My buddy says there is a "new" type of tire out there called "compressed foam" which is highly rated.

Just wondering if there are any Forum members that have any thoughts on this rolling question. Thanks!

Out of Bounds orangeTANG is on a distinguished road
    Haven't see it in golf carts yet, but our new baby stroller, Baby Jogger City Elite has these foam tires. They look exactly like regular air tires, valves and all, but you just never need to inflate them. I had never heard of this before but thought it was pretty neat. Baby isn't due until May so I can't really comment on how well they work but the little I have pushed it around, if you weren't told they were foam, you'd never know.

As a side note, Baby Jogger is owned by the same parent company as Bag Boy, if only it had a club attachment.

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar

Question Foam vs Air

Just checked on-line and the Sun Mountain V2 is advertising these tires. Also Googled them and found two sites that give oposing views, one said rolls better and cheaper, one said heavy, no shock absorption(?) and costly.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    I had a bag boy that had solid tires and it rolled beautifully and I always chuckled at my friend whenever he had to stop to pump up his tires on his cart.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Team Match Play Champ 2010 Singles Match Play Champ 2013 Hearzy is on a distinguished road Hearzy's Avatar
    I do not really see much of a difference at all between the two.

If anything I would say that the real tires would be worse just because if they are low it will be harder to push.

The bearings I think would make much more of a difference and the size of the tires.

I picked up the clicgear and I can't wait to get out and push that around... So beautiful....

Thread Information