CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by goliath View Post
    I got a reply from grey hawk and it looks like they will be the winner.

Will cost me about 2450$ for the golf plus about 400ish for the food and drink tab. It will be just a bit cheaper for grey hawk then it would be to join Camelot. Haven't made up my mind 100% butpretty sure grey hawk and the advantage of playing many club links courses will be the winner.

It's gonna be a good season of golf. I hope it starts early again this year.
    You won't regret it. It's a great club, and as you mention, the benefits are outstanding. The first trip to Tremblant, the Muskokas, Montreal, or even out to Eagle Creek all add to it!
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Gotta Post Break68 is on a distinguished road Break68's Avatar

Talking

Great choice, I would choose Greyhawk as well if I had the cash.
    Obviously you're not a golfer.

Habitual poster adam is on a distinguished road adam's Avatar
    Ya Club Link would definitely be on my radar if it was in my price range.
    I too hope for an early season start
    Even I've never heard of me

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by adam781 View Post
    Ya Club Link would definitely be on my radar if it was in my price range.
    I too hope for an early season start
    uh, I think you'll be pretty happy with Rivermead.
    Andrew

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraba View Post
    uh, I think you'll be pretty happy with Rivermead.
    Minus the condition of the course (amazing), the layout of Rivermead left me rather unimpressed (except for the finishing hole). Over the years I have just heard so much about this course, but I left the course thinking...meh. Nothing really stood out to me as being a great track (at least as the hype would have you believe). Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's a bad course, it's just didn't wow me with a great layout.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

7 Iron albatrossman is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Johnny69 View Post
    Minus the condition of the course (amazing), the layout of Rivermead left me rather unimpressed (except for the finishing hole). Over the years I have just heard so much about this course, but I left the course thinking...meh. Nothing really stood out to me as being a great track (at least as the hype would have you believe). Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's a bad course, it's just didn't wow me with a great layout.
    You know the saying "different strokes for different folks!" Rivermead has four really challenging par 4's (#5, 7, 12, 18), two great par 3's (#8, 16), and a couple of strong par 5's (#6, 17). Hole #2 is fun because it is driveable for long hitters and #13 is a wonderful short par 4 hole. In my opinion, Ken Skodacek and Ken Venturi did a fantastic job when the course was renovated in 1989. I decided to join the course right after I played it for the first time several years ago. I never get tired of the layout or the excellent condition that Derrick and his staff keep the course in.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by albatrossman View Post
    You know the saying "different strokes for different folks!" Rivermead has four really challenging par 4's (#5, 7, 12, 18), two great par 3's (#8, 16), and a couple of strong par 5's (#6, 17). Hole #2 is fun because it is driveable for long hitters and #13 is a wonderful short par 4 hole. In my opinion, Ken Skodacek and Ken Venturi did a fantastic job when the course was renovated in 1989. I decided to join the course right after I played it for the first time several years ago. I never get tired of the layout or the excellent condition that Derrick and his staff keep the course in.
    You are exactly right. Glad you are enjoying the course. It is a really nice course, I guess I just expected to be blown away by it. I do have to admit though, the conditions are nothing short of stellar.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Thread Information