CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Eagle SFR is on a distinguished road

Add voice recognition GlovePIE to your sim

Thanks to JS1010 it is very easy to add voice recognition to your golf simulator. All you need to do is get the program downloaded (GlovePIE (link was posted in GGS/GSA Simulator page 6)). You have to click on the using green power to get to the download and just do the one with E Motiv 043.

Once you download the zipped file un zip the folder and run the GlovePIE.exe file and it starts the program. From there as long as you have a microphone hooked up you are ready to load a pre made file.

***Note that screen resolution will change where your mouse clicks so as long as you know what screen resolution the file was created for, it should work. You can adjust your own coordinates if you want a different screen resolution. The basic idea of the coordinates are: Sample (with 1280 x 1024 res.) set your coordinates at 640 and 512 to click dead center of the screen

I have two files created for P3Pro Swing. One is the regular P3Pro and the other is the GSA course. Because the file is created to click on certain areas of the screen you will need to swap files depending on what program you are running

Sample for GSA: in the quotes "is what you actually say"
    "change club" the program clicks on the club menu at the bottom left area and then there is a voice that says WHAT DO YOU WANT TO HIT(voice is optional if you don't want it you can remove it). You say "4 iron" and the program clicks the club and you are set. The Menu on the bottom left corner was more of a problem as the menu changes depending on what you are doing (practice or playing). So to get around this issue I set up the program as "menu" then once you read the menu "row 3" will click on the third item in that menu at that time. I might look at putting some numbers on my actual projector screen so that you can see quicker what row you need to say. If your not changing your projector screen size the numbers should line up every time. A strip of long paper with numbers on it could be taped to the screen and then removed. Some mouse changes you will just want to make at the computer as they are only done once and then you would start the golf sim.

It is very cool to be on the green and say "ground view" and be able to read the put and then putt. Also if you hit the water you can just say "re hit" or "drop" then "continue" works to drop the ball or "move back" to change the drop area and "continue"

I am not 100 percent; sure on this problem ( being on the green and the light won't come on to register a slow speed reading for putting ) But so far if you just change your club and go back to putter it seems to trigger it and with the voice commands it is quick and easy.

You have to try this, it is not much to get it going. I have two files already made for P3pro and GSA set up with screen resolution of 1280 x 1024. I can email them easily.

Also you might not be able to use a dual screen setup as that will change all the coordinates. Not sure on that yet.
    Last edited by SFR; 01-30-2011 at 03:22 PM.

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Nice writeup SFR. I just bought a mini air mouse/keyboard remote that you told me about, but I might give this a try. I think I'll install the mic directly above the hitting area.

I also have been looking into a wireless mircophone. Some are cheaper than the bluetooth (usb dongle and headset) option just not sure how good they would be.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    I agree with SFR that glovepie is quite nice. I also just ordered a air mouse (Gyro) and will review once it comes. The voice activation is nice and I think improves the accuracy with training in the Windows control panel. I am trying to get some info on the best way to train the voice.

Also in GlovePIE you can set a number (0 to 6 I think) beside each program line that makes GlovePIE listen better for exact words or even set a low number so if it hears just one of the words it will do its thing. Its about page 108 to 110 where it talks about this in the document manual. This is why some times other things trigger an action. Setting a higher number on a one word command will make it wait to make sure you finished talking and have not said something else with it. As opposed to doing the action on the first spoken word.

Also yes training your voice also will help.

Bubba, do my files work ok on your computer setup or do you need to re set resolution or alter the mouse command pixle points

That is a good tip SFR.

Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road
    I still have to set this up myself, but I plan to do scripts like js1010 so I can just say "get my 5 iron" to have it click the club selection menu in GSA, AND click the 5 iron. That seems like a much nicer setup than having to issue two voice commands.

RDH if there are direct keyboard commands for the irons then it will be much easier to just say 5 iron and have the keyboard hit the 5 keyboard number. I know that the protee have that function for the irons, w for woods etc.

I fully agree. But, you can make it work for your own player profile by automating the mouse clicks. If you have other players (with different club sets in their profiles) playing, then you're out of luck.

My interface program has logic to handle that (to "intelligently" trigger the mouse clicks) because I have player profiles set up in my interface to match the GSA player profiles where you tell my interface what clubs the player has, to match what is set up in GSA Golf.

Quote Originally Posted by rdh View Post
    If you have other players (with different club sets in their profiles) playing, then you're out of luck.
    Very good point as I never thought about that yet. For P3Pro GSA you would have to almost set up the clubs then like I set the menu up with a number that clicks to a spot no matter what that spot is going to pick. For one it may be the 5I for the next guy may be the 3I depending on club choice. I will have to play with that.

RDH.... you really should be working for the sim companies so we all don't have to do all this.....

I hear ya SFR.

If I could have a career focused on this stuff, I would in a heartbeat. I'm envious of the Martins of the world who can work with this technology all the time as their main focus!

I've told Dean at red chain that I'd like to participate in the planning/development cycle for their "next gen" software. I think they have a great opportunity to be the defacto software standard for home and mid-market golf simulators if they develop out the software to suit the market better. They've done well, but a few more enhancements would make a big difference.

Great idea RDH. They would be smart to take you up on that. If you need a reference letter, let me know .

I'm not even looking to try to get any kind of remuneration - I'd just like to be involved on a volunteer basis to work with them to really nail down the interface to make it a great sim software package.

Quote Originally Posted by rdh View Post
    If you have other players (with different club sets in their profiles) playing, then you're out of luck.
    Ok been thinking about this and the best I can come up with would be to set up a caddy's name associated with a set of clubs. You would have to do up 10 or 20 or more to have a variety of club combinations and then let the guy know who his caddy was going to be. Then by saying "Tiger 5 Iron" or "bones 3 Iron" then you can have that persons combination of clubs work. You may all have the same caddy or not but at least then you would not have to link a number to the club spot on the screen. Just make sure the caddy names are not similar as to mistake another set of clubs. I might have to have all ladies caddie as I only seem to have Mary's voice.

The other option is to re write the software.........

Any other ideas how to get around this?

Thread Information