CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Gotta Post Break68 is on a distinguished road Break68's Avatar

Talking Matt Kuchar Using Tourstage Irons This Year

Matt Kuchar is using Tour Stage irons this year.
    Is Tour Stage owned by Bridgestone?
    Obviously you're not a golfer.

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    I didn't know that he was using them but yes they are one and the same.
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

Cool thanks.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    I noticed a lot of players have changed equippement in 2011. DL3 has got a Taylor Made driver,Furyk seems to have a Taylor Made 3 wood,Duval is playing Scratch irons, BMac is using Srixon.

DL3is also on the Bridgestone Tour Staff as well.
    Beginning his PGA TOUR season this week at the Sony Open in Hawaii, Love will play the new Bridgestone TOUR B330-S golf ball and Bridgestone Golf prototype irons (3-PW). In addition to his new Bridgestone equipment, Love will showcase the Bridgestone brand on his Tour bag, hat and glove.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Interresting Jonathan,did not realise he was with Bridegestone.He was with Titleist forever.Do you know if he will play the BStone driver also?

I read about DL3's driver on golfwrx.com but can't find thread and can't rememeber off hand.
    I am sure I will find out some time soon.

Looks like davis is gaming the TM Superfast driver with his trusty V2 shaft

http://www.gettyimag...849/US-PGA-TOUR

Pic is from the Sony Open last week.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Break68; 01-20-2011 at 03:01 PM. Reason: typo

Thats where i saw it also.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Break68 View Post
    Matt Kuchar is using Tour Stage irons this year.
    But much more importantly, is he still using Aerotech's Steel Fiber shafts in the irons?

I will start my search. Not sure.

Talking The 14-year pro, who topped the money with $4.9 million last year, took sixth-place t

Quote Originally Posted by BC MIST View Post
    But much more importantly, is he still using Aerotech's Steel Fiber shafts in the irons?
    This press release should answer this question, you have to read between the lines because they can't name Kuchar as they don't pay him to use their shafts in his irons.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aerotech’s SteelFiber Lands Top 10 at Tournament of Champions

BELLINGHAM, Wash. — After finishing last year as No. 1 on the PGA TOUR Money List, Aerotech’s SteelFiber shafts landed a Top 10 money position in this year’s season opener, the Hyundai Tournament of Champions, held this weekend at Plantation Course at Kapalua in Hawaii. SteelFiber composite shafts combine a high-modulus graphite core with 59 miles of steel fiber lacing the shaft surface and are well-known for giving players the stability of steel and the power of graphite.
    The 14-year pro, who topped the money with $4.9 million last year, took sixth-place this weekend playing SteelFiber i95 taper tip constant weight shafts in his irons.
    “This was a great start to the 2011 season and we’re looking forward to demonstrating again this year the benefits of playing with composite technology. SteelFiber shafts are one of the most innovative designs on the market today and combines the performance characteristics of steel and graphite to provide both power and stability,” said Aerotech Golf President Chris Hilleary, who personally designed the entirely new category of golf shaft.
    Hilleary explains the Aerotech SteelFiber shaft design is unlike any other shaft on the pro tours and it seamlessly brings brings together graphite and steel fiber for a perfect blend of power and stability. The shafts deliver extreme performance through innovative composite engineering that combines a high-modulus graphite core with 59 miles of steel fiber lacing the shaft surface. While the shaft’s graphite core provides vibration dampening, increased clubhead speed and maximum distance, the steel fibers produce optimum weighting for a solid feel at impact and add stability and control for pinpoint accuracy. Originally developed for irons the SteelFiber technology now enhances the performance of hybrids, fairway woods and drivers.
    Aerotech Golf specializes in uniquely engineered, performance-enhancing golf shafts, and has has supplied shafts to such renowned golf club manufactures as Nike Golf, Cleveland Golf, Adams Golf, Miura, Srixon, Lynx, Nakashima, Scratch Golf, Zevo and Pure Spin among many others.
    For more information on Aerotech Golf and Aerotech shafts, call 888.733.8988 or visit www.aerotechgolfshafts.com.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Break68 View Post
    This press release should answer this question, you have to read between the lines because they can't name Kuchar as they don't pay him to use their shafts in his irons.
    I guess it says something about the quality of the shafts when a player uses them for no remuneration.

I used these same shafts last season and while they are slightly heavier than the graphite shafts I have used in the past, I enjoyed the "tight" feeling and overall performance.

Davis Love WITB AT Farmers Insurance Open this Week!

Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    Interresting Jonathan,did not realise he was with Bridegestone.He was with Titleist forever.Do you know if he will play the BStone driver also?
    Here you go Marcos:
    http://www.golf.com/golf/gallery/art...145-10,00.html

Davis Love WITB AT Farmers Insurance Open this Week!

Davis Love has a new endorsement deal with Bridgestone and is using the company's TourStage X-Blade 705 Type M irons. The new United States Ryder Cup captain is also using TaylorMade's new R11 driver and 3-wood, along with a TP Rescue club.

Thread Information