CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Birdie Eagle_Hunter is on a distinguished road Eagle_Hunter's Avatar

Membership Search!

I am 26 this February, I am looking for an intermediate membership. Closer to Ottawa the better. Anyone know of a good club to join for a good price? I have looked up a few but figure someone on here has been in the same boat in regards to an intermediate membership.

Cheers,
    Just another lefty....

3 Wood fourlights is on a distinguished road fourlights's Avatar
    Which end of the city would you prefer? Do you have a car? What price range are you hoping for?

Out of Bounds orangeTANG is on a distinguished road
    If you are on the west end, Greensmere has an Intermediate membership. I believe the price for 26 year olds is $900 and no initiation fees. A portion of the dues is also put towards your initiation fee that comes into effect when you turn 31, and the full membership pricing kicks in.

Its actually a really good deal. I fell under it for only one year, but my brother still lives under these prices. I have to push myself to golf twice as much as him, just to keep bragging rights.

Team Match Play Champ 2011 quinner is on a distinguished road quinner's Avatar
    I am not sure what you considered a "good deal" but Clublink offers Intermediates good deals and you have ten years to pay off your initiation fee (which you can walk from anytime). PLUS you get to play, IMO, the best course in ottawa - Eagle Creek.

Need a Caddy solstrum is on a distinguished road
    Arnprior, intermediate 26 and up is $700 and they have a lot of great team events for all levels of golfers.

Bogie GoingLow is on a distinguished road GoingLow's Avatar

Membership

You should check rideauview and Carleton pretty sure both have deals going on right now for your age group. But agree with Quinner, so Hautes Plains could be the best Clublink deal around???

As far as Greensmere I would pass, 4 nines none of them great.........although people seem to like it as they can shoot a career round on the front nine.....

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoingLow View Post
    As far as Greensmere I would pass, 4 nines none of them great.........although people seem to like it as they can shoot a career round on the front nine.....
    75 on Premier baby!!!

Team Match Play Champ 2011 quinner is on a distinguished road quinner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoingLow View Post
    I think their new 18 has a lot of potential.

Birdie Eagle_Hunter is on a distinguished road Eagle_Hunter's Avatar
    Thanks guys!

I live just west of downtown Ottawa. I would prefer a course closer to home if they were the same price and quality. I drive. I would like to spend under $1000.

So far:
    Greensmere
    Irish Hills
    Mountain Creek

I'll look into rideauview and carleton.

quinner: Can you pm me the prices for CL? I know its probably out of my price range but I am curious for next year.

Thanks guys, and if you know of more please state them on here.
    Just another lefty....

Arnprior, as in Sandpoint! $700. plus team events such as Gordon Cup, Fraser, Intersectionals, Qauttrocchi and a lot of great men's nights.

Hybrid headcase is on a distinguished road headcase's Avatar
    $700, wow i think i will leave Deep River. Any initiation to join on top of the $700?

Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    $700, wow i think i will leave Deep River. Any initiation to join on top of the $700?
    I just looked it up...

that is for an intermediate, age 25-35. $708 +tax. so $800 taxes in

it goes up after 35 years old.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Hunter View Post
    Greensmere
    Irish Hills
    Mountain Creek
    Biased as I obviously am, if these are your three choices, I can't understand choosing the bottom two, but if you choose the last one, wear a CSA approved hard hat.

It's a little ironic that GoingLow complains about those who might GO LOW on Greensmere's Premiere front. I would wager that more golfers would enjoy scoring 35 than 45, than those who wouldn't. Interestingly, in 9.5 years of playing there, my scoring average on the front is only .45 strokes lower than the back.

Quote Originally Posted by BC MIST View Post
    Biased as I obviously am, if these are your three choices, I can't understand choosing the bottom two, but if you choose the last one, wear a CSA approved hard hat.

It's a little ironic that GoingLow complains about those who might GO LOW on Greensmere's Premiere front. I would wager that more golfers would enjoy scoring 35 than 45, than those who wouldn't. Interestingly, in 9.5 years of playing there, my scoring average on the front is only .45 strokes lower than the back.
    You play at greensmere, a course whose front nine has less trees than a parking lot and several walks right into direction of play though out the course and you are going to run down mountain creek? He who lives in a glass house...

Bogie GoingLow is on a distinguished road GoingLow's Avatar
    Well BC I would guess you dont hit it off line that much then .....or that far......The facts are the front nine is wide open, back nine has some nice holes and some character....the new 18 has potential, if they can drain water moving forward... but almost every par 4 looks the same.....this is what happens when you get some guys and an idea and a few back ho's.....

False sense of security with regards to the scores you shoot on that front nine.

But everyone keeps pumping greensmere's tires......guess the 35's are the reason...

Pakenham is a little ways down the road and IMO much nicer track...27 holes no initiation and better service, food, etc

If you live downtown you might be better going east though? Outaouis, and maybe Sorcier?

9 Iron kaziff is on a distinguished road kaziff's Avatar
    Let me get this straight. A membership at arnprior golf club is only 700!! Is that a full membership?what a great deal. That can't be when edgewood is 850 and not even in the same league as arnprior

Quote Originally Posted by kaziff View Post
    Let me get this straight. A membership at arnprior golf club is only 700!! Is that a full membership?what a great deal. That can't be when edgewood is 850 and not even in the same league as arnprior
    intermediate - between the ages of 25 and 35 $800 taxes in. here is the link to the new membership rates. full membership, no restrictions that I see.

http://www.golfmax.net/websites/0069...tml?Membership

Wannamaker brucestats is on a distinguished road brucestats's Avatar
    the price at sandpoint is more related to its location than its quality. The closer you get to Ottawa, the more you will pay for a given level of quality. Real estate principles the driving force here imo

Sandpoint is worth considering if you can handle a 30 minute plus drive from west end ottawa
    My paycheck goes to my dogs.

5 Wood gdwlkspld is on a distinguished road
    $800.00 at Renfrew...twice the course that Arnprior is but a longer drive

Quote Originally Posted by solstrum View Post
    You play at greensmere, a course whose front nine has less trees than a parking lot and several walks right into direction of play though out the course and you are going to run down mountain creek? He who lives in a glass house...
    I guess I should have included a few of these.

Will I need a body guard on Wednesday morning?

I guess I should have included a few of these.

Will I need a body guard on Wednesday morning?
    No, I had my fun! I figured you didn't know who I was!
    I like Greensmere, but every course has its clientele and has a role. Mountain Creek is probably one of the busiest courses in the area and is designed for fun.

As far as Renfrew being twice the course of Arnprior, That may be the funniest thing I have seen on here. Renfrew is nice but it's not eagle creek.

Team Match Play Champ 2010 DenisO is on a distinguished road DenisO's Avatar
    Join ClubLink, it'll make you feel superior to others that aren't members. You can be snobby and stuff, it's fun!

Quote Originally Posted by solstrum View Post
    (1) No, I had my fun! I figured you didn't know who I was! (2) Mountain Creek is probably one of the busiest courses in the area and is designed for fun.
    (3) As far as Renfrew being twice the course of Arnprior, That may be the funniest thing I have seen on here. Renfrew is nice but it's not eagle creek.
    (1) Whew!!!It's PD's pronunciation of your last name that had me see the typical French spelling.
    (2) MC is busy, designed for fun and profit.
    (3) Many would say the Renfrew is more aesthetically pleasing, however, Arnprior GC, IMO, at 6000 or so yards, remains perhaps the most difficult course in the area on which to score.

I like Arnprior and make apoint of playing it two or three times a year. However, there are at least three serious shortcomings with Arnprior's design.

1. Arnprior's greens are always sub-standard from April through October and, sometimes, barely puttable.

2. Some of Arnprior's green complexes are just plain silly!

3. Many of Arnprior's fairways are convex towards the edges of the fairway and errant shots usually end bounce and roll into cedar bush and rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by gdwlkspld View Post
    I like Arnprior and make apoint of playing it two or three times a year. However, there are at least three serious shortcomings with Arnprior's design.

1. Arnprior's greens are always sub-standard from April through October and, sometimes, barely puttable.

2. Some of Arnprior's green complexes are just plain silly!

3. Many of Arnprior's fairways are convex towards the edges of the fairway and errant shots usually end bounce and roll into cedar bush and rocks.
    Great Points! all of which are absolute truth. The new board (younger) has started to address all of these. The greens being the most important. The goal to have a better and more consistent product!

3 Wood cruxradio is on a distinguished road
    Intermediate at Carleton is about $2000, plus 500 bar. It's 100% private course, so getting tee times is easy, and a 18 hole round is never more than 4h15m. It's well worth it if you're going to be playing a few times per week, the greens are fantastic, and the course is fairly challenging.

One last point about Arnprior...no range and no adequate practice area. Even the practice green is of limited value because of the slope that affects at least one half of the green.

Nevertheless, I repeat, I do enjoy 2 or 3 rounds there every year!

They do have a range and a short game green and are working on expanding both.
    Last edited by solstrum; 01-23-2011 at 07:56 PM.

3 Wood fourlights is on a distinguished road fourlights's Avatar
    Arnprior GC, IMO, at 6000 or so yards, remains perhaps the most difficult course in the area on which to score.
    IMO I think that at under 6000 yds from the blues, Stonebridge is a MUCH more difficult test than Arnprior. I have shot 76 at Arnprior, and my best at Stonebridge is 80. And I'm a member at Stonebridge

Making Cuts habsfan is on a distinguished road habsfan's Avatar
    Stonebridge's back nine is one of the easiest nines in town, hautes plaines is the toughest 6000yds in the ottawa area

Thread Information