100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Par slicemaster is on a distinguished road

Gatineau real estate advice needed

Hi everyone,

I am thinking of selling my house in Gatineau and moving into a new one. Are the real estate rules in Quebec similar to Ontario ones?

What is the average commission rate that I should expect to pay the real estate agent? Also, has anyone have any experience using the self listing sites such as duproprio.com?

Any tips or information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Rules are different for sure, I would not recommend duprporio unless you are quite familiar with the market. I have a friend in the business who can help out if you need it, 5 percent; is the average rate. You could always try the self-listing sites and if you get a serious byer I am sure you can find an agent who will help you do it right if you throw a little dough his way.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Monday Qualifier 314314 is on a distinguished road
    I invest in Gatineau (mainly condos) and I always buy direct (no agents)...you might want to sell direct to save some money, I would suggest to get an appraisal and post your add it in kijiji ottawa or dupropio. When having offers you must use a notary (I can recommend one) to make it formal.

good luck
    Alvaro -> www.ottawagatineaurentals.com

Quote Originally Posted by slicemaster View Post
    Hi everyone,

I am thinking of selling my house in Gatineau and moving into a new one. Are the real estate rules in Quebec similar to Ontario ones?

What is the average commission rate that I should expect to pay the real estate agent? Also, has anyone have any experience using the self listing sites such as duproprio.com?

Any tips or information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Putter mikehappy is on a distinguished road

I personnaly always go with a realtor...

I just purchased my second duplex with the same realtor, he's really knowledgeable and can help me make sense of everything...

He's always ready to answer any question you might have and always looks out for your best interest !! I really like him... I heard horror stories about realtors and how they can act like they were the king of the world but he's different... at least for now... hahaha !! No but seriously, I heard stories about people using these duproprio and forsalebyowner sites and it's not always in your best interest...
    Some owners will charge the same price as his neighbour who sold with an agent, some others are never available, they are not neutral so anything bad you say about the house they take it personal... it's not easy !!

Here's his info

Marc-André Nadeau - Real Estate Broker
    Via Capitale Outaouais
    819-271-6554
    manadeau@viacapitale.com
    www.manadeau.ca

Good luck with your transaction !

Mike

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    I have to say that we used Duproprio to buy our current house. I found that the transaction went very smoothly, once a price is agreed upon, then notaries take over with the actual legal part of the transaction. If I was to sell my house now, I would use duproprio to list and sell it.

The only thing is you have to schedule alll the showings, etc...where normally the realtor would do that all of that. At 5% commission on a $200k house, you save 10k in agent fees.

That is my $0.02

aarvi34
    Lowest commission is 1% and the highest commission in most cases is 2.5%,so average commission will be 1.75% according to your selling prices.

Thread Information