CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New to Optishot

Putter Drewdogg5 is on a distinguished road

New to Optishot

I am looking for any advice I can get regarding the Optishot. I have been playing a few days now and really enjoy it .

Putting is a little wierd but it is getting easier to control .

The Irons seem to hit good but i am hoving to swing really hard to generate enough power . I dont hit the ball far normally but my irons just dont be flying right . and not very str8 either . I also noticed that it is reading my irons really open too (like 20 degrees open and that doent seem right on the course keep my irons fairly str8 )

The woods and the driver are the worst i dont really know what i am doing wrong but I hook it and slice it horribly off the tee and hooking is something that i dont ever do on the course. I do have a slight slice but on the sim they are bad . It will be 20 degrees open one swing and 20 degrees closed the next and i dont hit like that normally .

Any advice ?

I havent set up anything yet so any advice would be helpful.

Hybrid fhann is on a distinguished road fhann's Avatar
    Taping the sole of the woods and hybrids like P3ProSwing uses has helped me relieve a lot of the inconsisteny of results with readings on these clubs.

Frank Hann
    Engineered Golf - Frank Hann 3.8 GHIN
    www.engineeredgolf.ca

now what do you mean taping them , should i use a specific kind of tape and should i leave a section untaped ? thanks any advice helps

I have purchased rolls of black and white adhesive backed vinyl from Walmart. Cricut makes the product and you can usually see that product in the crafts/hobbies/sewing area.

I cut out the rough shape of the sole on the black material and affix it to the sole of the club. I cut 1/4 inch wide by 2 inch strips of white vinyl and affix that on top of the previously adhered black vinyl. I center the white reflective strip to the center of the hitting face and keep it back 1/4 inch from the leading edge of the club. I need to be extremely accurate/careful in how I align/fix that strip because it makes a very big difference in the readings for clubface angle and consequently the shape of the golf shot that is being simulated.

I finally put a clear scotch tape over the white reflective strip to help increase the wear and not have to keep changing that white strip as often. The scotch tape takes the wear and can be removed/replaced over top of the white strip much faster and easier than having to do the complete retaping.
    www.engineeredgolf.ca

so let me make sure i got this right i understand the black vinyl that is easy enough , The white strip needs to be center 1/4 inch off the face and will go from front to back. Right? Thanks again

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Here you go http://www.par2pro.com/virtual_golf_...lub_taping.php. This is the recommended method by p3pro.

Ok thanks that is great , Should I do this to my woods and hybrids or just the driver ?

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    I personally tape all my woods and hybrids, however try them all first to see if you are one of the lucky ones it will work for.

8 Iron caddishack is on a distinguished road caddishack's Avatar
    have any of you taken the vinyl off? What sort of glue residue os it leaving?

The tape that I use does not leave any residue. I use rolls of adhesive backed vinyl that were made for the Cricut paper cutting machine. I cut pieces off of the roll that roughly fit the shape of the sole of the club.
    www.engineeredgolf.ca

7 Wood CatMan is on a distinguished road CatMan's Avatar
    We also have started a Online Chat Room so players can communicate and setup matches. The neat thing about the chat you can leave it open during online play and see you is Online Ready to Play or just Hangout..

Link is http://www.chatzy.com/76897400416782

Also there is a Optishot Online Thread that has a lot of info Please look at that as well

Thanks

Catman

Quote Originally Posted by Drewdogg5 View Post
    I am looking for any advice I can get regarding the Optishot. I have been playing a few days now and really enjoy it .

Putting is a little wierd but it is getting easier to control .

The Irons seem to hit good but i am hoving to swing really hard to generate enough power . I dont hit the ball far normally but my irons just dont be flying right . and not very str8 either . I also noticed that it is reading my irons really open too (like 20 degrees open and that doent seem right on the course keep my irons fairly str8 )

The woods and the driver are the worst i dont really know what i am doing wrong but I hook it and slice it horribly off the tee and hooking is something that i dont ever do on the course. I do have a slight slice but on the sim they are bad . It will be 20 degrees open one swing and 20 degrees closed the next and i dont hit like that normally .

Any advice ?

I havent set up anything yet so any advice would be helpful.
    Made Video on Taping, this Tape works great and will help with error reads,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNjBGhxhLa4

CatMan

I also found a good way to Tape my putter to get consistent reading and more natual

Gents,

Doing a Live stream tomorrow night Link will be posted here... If you want in, Tee Time will be between 630-7PM Please go to Chat Site Before Tee Time so we can work out the Detail Course Settings etc..

Please get word out on Optishot Chat site this is a great tool that we can use to bring the Optishot Community Together......

http://www.chatzy.com/76897400416782

CatMan LetssssRockkkkk

If you want in let me know on the Chat Site thanks CatMan

Live Action on Optishot Online starting at 6:35PM EST

http://www.twitch.tv/catmanea

CatMan

Putter Kennie is on a distinguished road
    @fhann do you own a circut machine? Would you recommend it?

I'm in the market for a desktop vinyl cutter. Read you comment and wanted to see if you can help me.

The problem with doing research on the internet is that it's filled with garbage hype. That's why
    I would like to hear from somebody who actually owns one.

What I've pieced together so far is that cricut has a horrible customer support. Is this true? What
    about the software is it still online no changes.

I was lucky when I've found a blog post that said it as it is. Actually it's harsher than you would imagine.
    My short list included cameo and cricut. This post silhouette cameo 3 vs maker helped me out.

Good news I got a real review bad news it has put me on the fence. What's your take on it? Are the facts accurate? Any ideas will be helpful

Thread Information