CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    4 Iron Hardcore is on a distinguished road

Golfing in the Kawarthas

Hi everyone,

Have a buddy's stag weekend taking place near Lakefield end of June. We've got a bunch of cottages rented and I'm in charge of organizing a round as part of the festivities. Any suggestions for courses? Most of the guys shoot around 100.

Thanks.

Lob Wedge GJS16 is on a distinguished road
    Im originally from the Peterborough area and the course I would recommend is Six Foot Bay Golf and Resort. Its located on the north side of Buckhorn Lake (about 25 Minutes north of Peterborough and about 10 minutes from Lakefield. They keep the course in great condition and the rates are very reasonable. I havent played in a few years but I beleive they started taking tee times in the last few years; they previously did a ball-drop to set the starting order.

If Six Foot doesnt work out, try either Tamarac (a little rough around the edges but great greens) in Ennismore (20 minutes from Lakefield) or Oakland Greens near Norwood. Oakland is a very wide open course with some great holes and it's never busy.

Perfect

Thx GJS16, I'll look into each of those.

Putter scotty score is on a distinguished road

Golfing in The Kawarthas

hello

i live in peterborough and we have some excellent courses in the area. The ones i would recommend for you and your buddies are

1) baxter creek, about 10 mins outside of peterborough, great track and very affordable
    2) bellemere winds, about 20 mins southeast of peterborough in small town of Keene. great views, you can see Rice Lake from the entire course, afforfable, not too too busy and very scenic. Take carts as the front nine is a tough walk
    3) The quarry. Located in ennismore about 15 mins from Lakefiled. Very nice, around the $60 range. Can play tough if there is wind, very well manicured, probably the nicest course around here
    4) tamarac, located in ennismore about 5 mins from The Quarry. Around the $40 range i think, its a smaller public course but the greens are usually very good and FAST
    5) Katchiwano, about 5 mins from lakefield. Public course, great for if you dont have much time, par 70 very short, some rinky dink holes. Did i mention it was public,,, like very public, i played last year as in wanted to see what it was like, it was ok, but i would nt play there again

I am around a 9 handicap and my buddy is about a 15 or so. Of all the courses mentioned, i would recommend the Quarry, Baxter Creek, Bellemere winds.
    We play these courses fairly often and they are all good quality, good value courses

Call ahead to see if the greens have been punched, nothing worse than going away only to find out the first green is full of holes!!

Hope this helps

Scott

Putter scotty score is on a distinguished road

Golfing In the Kawarthas

ooops, sorry forgot about six ft bay,,, i havent played there in years but hear its nice.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Kawartha G & C is a great course, semi private, in the heart of Peterborough. Quite challenging.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Wildfire if you can find a member to get you on.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Wildfire is nice but way, way, way overpriced IMHO.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    Wildfire is nice but way, way, way overpriced IMHO.
    define overpriced? I can't remember what I paid - around $100 but it was worth every penny.

IMHO a much nicer course than the Marshes, which is quite similiar in price (for green fees anyways)

I paid $160 with a 2 for 1 coupon so $160/game.
    Lefty Lucas

pretty sure i didn't pay that much, but it was about 4-5 years ago.

so is the reg price $320 / round now?

I think it was a promotion so I am sure they jacked up the regular price since it was a 2-4-1, ordinarily I am sure you could play for about $120, ut was last year prime season
    Lefty Lucas

Thanks everyone for the suggestions - we are a bunch of ham n' egg hackers and will likely be drinking so we'll probably decide to go with somewhere pretty simple.

Appreciate it.

3 Wood willylax is on a distinguished road

Rocket Cart Girls at Six Foot Bay

and perfect for what you are talking about...had a bachelor party start there last year...I am a member at Kawartha and have played all the courses that have been mentioned. Six Foot Bay is a good track, that is not uppity and has a relaxed atmosphere. Definitely your best bet. Hot hot hot beer cart girls!

Thread Information