CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar

Join the OttawaGolf Club 2005 and play the rest of 2004

A true sign of Fall!

Join the OttawaGolf Club 2005 and play the rest of 2004 - All classes of memberships
    www.ottawagolf.com/club

7 Iron Ace-IT is on a distinguished road Ace-IT's Avatar
    Ouchhhh a 25% increase for the Platinum membership!!!

Yes. We're sorry but last year was the first year we offered it and the pricing was quite low. I think most will agree that it is still an excellent value for being able to play as many rounds as you like at so many courses.

3 Iron kewarken is on a distinguished road
    If you assume an average cost of $30-$35 per game, you need to play about 35-40 rounds for the platinum membership to start giving you free games.

The regular full membership seems to save you about $10-15 a round on average so you're looking at about 17-25 rounds before you start saving money.

I like the idea of having one of these memberships but I'm not sure if I have the budget to play that much. I tend to go to the range a lot but I don't always have the time/money to play a real game. By my estimates, I probably spent $40-50 a week on golf this summer so for 6 months, that adds up to $1000-$1300 dollars. I reckon there are about 27 weeks of golf so I'd need to play once or twice a week to get my money's worth. I'd love to be more of a golf but I'm not sure how much the girlfriend will put up with...

Something I just thought of. On the map where you have the ottawa courses (featured courses), maybe you could make the course markers a different color for ones that are Ottawa Golf Club members. Then you can easily see which ones are close to you.

cheers,

Kris

Weekend play is now more along the lines of $35 - $40 The platinum memberships are good 7 days a week and that does make the math slightly different, but that could be picking at details

The Platinum membership is not for everyone. It is designed for the golfer who plays 50+ rounds. We have quite a few of them, and many in that group play 80+ rounds. $1250 is lower than most courses are charging in 2004 for a full membership.

If you play 20 - 40 the regular full membership is the way to go.

If you only play weekdays the Weekday membership will save you another $100

The Featured Course map is is for the courses not the OttawaGolf Club. I think it would look like they were somehow favoured and I do not think that would be a good thing.

It is a good suggestion though, and we had a map of the club courses on the club site last year, but it was never used (no trafic to the url), so we discontinued it. You can always click on the course name from the list in the club section and get a map from their page.

5 Wood golfmania is on a distinguished road
    I think I'm more likely to join the Ottawa Golf Tour instead...sounds like fun.

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by golfmania
    I think I'm more likely to join the Ottawa Golf Tour instead...sounds like fun.

It is!!
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Aromabean
    I looked at joining early in the year, but the funds just weren't there...hopefully i can sign up in 05!

Birdie g8r is on a distinguished road
    Do you have to buy a membership to be able to play in the Tour? Also wondering if any last minute golfers had problems booking tee times at any courses with this membership?
    Im considering joining, just want to figure out if its right for me.

The OG Club is a discount golf program. $249 to join and golf at half price or better.

The OG Tour is a fun competitive Tour of players. Membership in the tour is $59. This does not cover green fees.

Last minute booking on the Club is not a problem. We have tee times at lots of courses, but the most popular courses need to be booked early to assure a spot. Ie Chateau Cartier, The Meadows Les Vieux Moulins. We will add more memberships if needed, but so far we have never been even close to sold out.

Birdie g8r is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank
    The OG Club is a discount golf program. $249 to join and golf at half price or better.

The OG Tour is a fun competitive Tour of players. Membership in the tour is $59. This does not cover green fees.

Last minute booking on the Club is not a problem. We have tee times at lots of courses, but the most popular courses need to be booked early to assure a spot. Ie Chateau Cartier, The Meadows Les Vieux Moulins. We will add more memberships if needed, but so far we have never been even close to sold out.
    But the green fees for the Tour are the reduced rate if you are also a member of the OG Club, and playing at participating courses correct? Plus the $20 for cleaners, etc?

One final question, I have started my handicap this year, but if I were to join the OGT how do I show my handicap, since I use another online golf program and not G-stat. My index is currently hovering around 21. Would I have access to that program for next year and would my handicap index start over form scratch?

Sorry, we cannot provide club discounts at Tour events.

We would ask you to enter as many as you can (up to 20) in our online system or send me the 20 adj scores, with dates cousres and tees. We cannot import from your software's database. Once that is done you will need to enter all your scores as you play.

If you have more questions about the Tour please start a new thread, as this is off topic for people looking into the Club

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by g8r
    But the green fees for the Tour are the reduced rate if you are also a member of the OG Club, and playing at participating courses correct? Plus the $20 for cleaners, etc?
    No, the green fees are at the best rate we (OG Tour) can get from that course. Most offer a small discount but nothing like OG Club.

One final question, I have started my handicap this year, but if I were to join the OGT how do I show my handicap, since I use another online golf program and not G-stat. My index is currently hovering around 21. Would I have access to that program for next year and would my handicap index start over form scratch?
    We would start by taking your scores form this year and putting them into our G-Stat program for next year.
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Hehehe I beat ya Steve!

Thread Information