100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pro-AM

Putter gotplastic is on a distinguished road

Pro-AM

I'm wondering if anyone has played in a PGA pro-am ?? I'm invited to play at the Byron Nelson and am wondering about format, which tees the amateur uses, and any other helpful information. Appreciate any help.

Making Cuts habsfan is on a distinguished road habsfan's Avatar
    you are 1 lucky ***, i thought you had to purchase a spot with money going to charity.

Team Match Play Champ 2011 quinner is on a distinguished road quinner's Avatar
    Sounds Awesome man! I have never played in one nor have I witnessed one, but I am certainly interested in hearing what it's like and who you get to play with.

Putter gotplastic is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by habsfan View Post
    you are 1 lucky ***, i thought you had to purchase a spot with money going to charity.
    Yes, that is one option. In my case, one of the corporations sponsoring the event was given spots and they offered one to me. Today, I'm a 18 handicap so I am right at the cutoff. Using my Optishot DD quite a bit now and have many rounds planned to get to something more reasonable for the event.

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    Attended the Mike Weir Charity Classic and the amateur played a different tees than the Pros... You are a lucky guy... should be a lot of fun and hopefully I hope you will have story to tell us... and maybe pictures.
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    I played a CPGA pro-am at Rideauview with a pro named Mike Grob (also had JJ Clarke in my group)
    The pros played from the tips and the ams played from the white tees. We played better ball & the ams got handicap strokes.
    The entire round took about 6 hours, so be patient and enjoy the day. You'll probably receive a nice welcome package, and the post-round prizes are usually pretty sweet as well.
    Al Gore didn't invent the internet, but he did invent global warming.

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    Yes, I was going to say... be patient. They will be signing autograph and pictures so round will be a bit slower. Just enjoy your round!
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shivas Irons View Post
    I played a CPGA pro-am at Rideauview with a pro named Mike Grob (also had JJ Clarke in my group)
    The pros played from the tips and the ams played from the white tees. We played better ball & the ams got handicap strokes.
    The entire round took about 6 hours, so be patient and enjoy the day. You'll probably receive a nice welcome package, and the post-round prizes are usually pretty sweet as well.
    JJ is my 1st cousin, but I didn't think he golfed much at all. How was his game?
    Andrew

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraba View Post
    JJ is my 1st cousin, but I didn't think he golfed much at all. How was his game?
    You need to talk to your cousin more - he's a pretty good golfer.

This was years ago, but I would guess he's (or was) a single digit cap. Pretty long off the tee, in fact from the white tees he outdrove our pro on a couple of holes. We came in 3rd, and won a bunch of great stuff.
    He was also the MC for the event - told some hilarious jokes.
    Al Gore didn't invent the internet, but he did invent global warming.

Thread Information