+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Orlando Golf

Lob Wedge GJS16 is on a distinguished road

Orlando Golf

Hey all, just joined the forum here and looking forward to talking some golf with all of you.

Im heading to Orlando in a few weeks and would like to get some input on what course I should play while Im there. Im going to be limited to 1 round due to other family commitments (I have a 21 month old and another on the way), so if you could recommend a course in the $75/ round range that would be great. Ive been looking online and there are so many to choose from I dont even know where to start. The expensive 'name' courses look great but $150 a round is kind of pricey.

Any tips/advice would be greatly appreciated

GJS

Birdie Sunny D is on a distinguished road Sunny D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GJS16 View Post
    Hey all, just joined the forum here and looking forward to talking some golf with all of you.

Im heading to Orlando in a few weeks and would like to get some input on what course I should play while Im there. Im going to be limited to 1 round due to other family commitments (I have a 21 month old and another on the way), so if you could recommend a course in the $75/ round range that would be great. Ive been looking online and there are so many to choose from I dont even know where to start. The expensive 'name' courses look great but $150 a round is kind of pricey.

Any tips/advice would be greatly appreciated

GJS

Welcome,

It is not exactly in Orlando but I have a house on the Southern Dunes Golf Course in Haines city and it is a very nice course. I would invite you to take a look on line and see the reviews. (its about a 25 minute drive from DT Orlando and about 15 minutes from Disney) Alternatively you really can't go wrong with either Panther Lake or Crooked Cat at Orange County National. Again check out their web site for awards. Go early in the week and you should be pretty close to your price range.

I can also say that I played all those courses just around Christmas and they were in great condition.

Lob Wedge GJS16 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks a lot, I'll hopefully be able to try one of the courses at Orange County National....just heard today that PGA Q School is held there-very cool.

Birdie Sunny D is on a distinguished road Sunny D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GJS16 View Post
    Thanks a lot, I'll hopefully be able to try one of the courses at Orange County National....just heard today that PGA Q School is held there-very cool.

It sure is very cool. The course record is 62 I think set by someone from the Q school but I forget who.

Everyone will have a different opinion but I think Crooked Cat is the tougher of the two courses. I played both courses on calm days. Panther lake is has more trees and is a little tighter. I think it is actually harder to score really well on Crooked Cat which is also the longer of the two courses the back 9 in particular are "fun". Note that I played both rounds from the Championship tees - so you can judge accordingly. Have a good time.

Thread Information