CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by fhann View Post
    His club face was square to the target line, but not to his club path at impact and that gave him hook spin. At impact, he was descending his blow, his path hadn't reached the apex of the curve in the horizontal plane. Therefore, his relationship between his club-path and club-face at impact was in a closed/shut position, consequently he induced hook spin.
    Exactly.

8 Iron kwantfm is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by kwantfm View Post
    I had a quick think about this (haven't done maths in about twenty years so please feel free to correct if you see an issue)... the D-plane vector that Manzella describes seems to me to be something equivalent to:
    COSINE (swing plane angle) * (angle of descent) + (horizontal plane line)

Unfortunately I don't get quite the right numbers from this but this calculation gives me:
    COSINE (54*) * (5.1*) + 0.2* = approximately 3.2* inside out.

I think that Manzella tells us that Trackman reckons he is 3.8* inside out.

I was thinking that the GC2 might be a very effective (and much less costly) alternative to Trackman. I'm now thinking that there is one weakness to GC2 with club data and that is it does not measure swing plane angle and you can see that I think this is critical in measuring D-plane.

Having said that you obviously get the ball data as well but unfortunately this is one level removed from the swing data that I want to be working with.

Make sense?
    I was incorrect... the angular component is TAN (90 - swing plane angle)... and that gets you the correct effect 2-D D-plane number.

Still concerned that you cannot get all of the necessary data from GC2 as you don't get swing plane angle. I'm thinking that it should be something that the device can directly observe though so hopefully it is something that they can include in their outputs. Anyone have a contact there?

blackfire
    for my self, trackman may be the best outside he is'nt inside on ball tracking

my priority is to have accurate ball data to get an accurate simulation in the winter and summer days where I can't go to the range. Get very good club data witch GC2 will give me. I'm prefering a GC2 to get more accuate ball data inside still very good outside get good club data enough to improve and understand my swing and go see a pro with a Track man a couple of time. but hey I'm only 13 handicap

Quote Originally Posted by blackfire View Post
    for my self, trackman may be the best outside he is'nt inside on ball tracking

my priority is to have accurate ball data to get an accurate simulation in the winter and summer days where I can't go to the range. Get very good club data witch GC2 will give me. I'm prefering a GC2 to get more accuate ball data inside still very good outside get good club data enough to improve and understand my swing and go see a pro with a Track man a couple of time. but hey I'm only 13 handicap
    Horses for courses... you want a good simulation experience (GC2 will no doubt be perfect for this goal) and I want to work on my swing (still hoping that GC2 will be able to do this easily). I know that GC2 should be able to measure everything I want... it's just that I don't want to be running Excel after every shot!
    Last edited by kwantfm; 01-26-2011 at 08:23 AM.

blackfire
    I understand and it will be good for us if GC2 does it if not to bad cause I whant good SIM cause even if you have the most accurate data on the club that ever existed the ball will always be more important to know what you did. And as my goal is 6 months winter I must know accurately what the ball is doing.

But that my situation. If I would be living in the states without snow and golf courses closed 6 months long I would probably go with trackman but 30 000$ OUFF plus annual fees

Wondering if anyone saw any updates from the PGA Show?

blackfire
    probably cory from par2pro at
    www.par2pro.com

blackfire
    hey does anybody know why the other thread about GC2 is closed I was talking with JS1010

blackfire
    js1010 if you come to this thread instead of the other one that's been closed I don't know why can you post some photos of your setup.

Mine is also is in the garage, basic and home made as I whanted to keep low cost.

I've build my impact screen my self including side and top netting for under 400$ all included

Lob Wedge golfnuts is on a distinguished road
    in researching the GC2, I was privileged to meet a PGA teacher that had Trackman, Zelocity and the GC2 at his local golf course at the same time at a demo day last summer. Results: all registered identical data. This teaching pro loves the fact that you can move the 3.8 pound device outdoors.
    Last edited by golfnuts; 02-20-2011 at 08:24 PM.

Par Kball is on a distinguished road
    Has anyone seen anything about the GC2 add-on that will capture the swing path? I thought it was suppose to be on display at the PGA show, but am surprised that I can't find any information on it.

Golfnuts- are you considering a GC2?

yes, I am ordering one tomorrow. It satisfies what I need. At home and outside on the range. I am not sure I need clubhead data. if I do, I will add it later as it becomes available.

Where are you ordering it from?

5 Wood js1010 is on a distinguished road
    Kball, I know they showed off the camera add-on technology to a bunch of Golf OEM's at the show - don't think they have a release date yet - but was told it went well. I am so excited to add this to my setup.

golfnut - that's great - glad to have someone else on-board with the GC2.

Let me know how it goes or if you have any questions - I have had mine for 10 months and very happy - the latest software update added a feature to use their own ball flight algorithm when using it with the Red Chain software - carry distance calculations are pretty damn good. Very fun to practice and play with.

How are you planning to use it - do you have a simulation environment setup or are you using the hardware itself?

golfnut, I am curious about your post about the Gc2, Trackman, and zelocity giving exact numbers - I would love to see more specifics on this kind of stuff. I still think outdoors Trackman is untouchable because it tracks the ball the whole way. Indoors i could see them being close as trackman also has to calculate distances. I question the zelocity, though - i have read horror stories on the zelocity pure launch product. Do you know anymore on how this test was done?

JS1010,

Is there anything you don't like about the GC2? I have been on the bubble for several months, but might pull the trigger soon.

Sand Wedge pboon is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by js1010 View Post
    Kball, I know they showed off the camera add-on technology to a bunch of Golf OEM's at the show - don't think they have a release date yet - but was told it went well. I am so excited to add this to my setup.

golfnut - that's great - glad to have someone else on-board with the GC2.

Let me know how it goes or if you have any questions - I have had mine for 10 months and very happy - the latest software update added a feature to use their own ball flight algorithm when using it with the Red Chain software - carry distance calculations are pretty damn good. Very fun to practice and play with.

How are you planning to use it - do you have a simulation environment setup or are you using the hardware itself?
    How does the red chain software compare to optishot?

js1010
    thinking about also using as simulator. and using the projector as a home theater option. also not sure if one screen can do both jobs well. any thoughts? my space is roughly 10x10x17.

Asics
    js1010,

Can you explain how you position/align the GC2 toward your target? Do you align it parallel to the target line? If so, I assume you have to align it "dead on" to get accurate results, is that correct? Does the unit have anything that assists in getting that proper alignment? Thanks.

kball, the biggest drawbacks of the Gc2 is the lefty/righty switching thing and the cost of the unit along with the price of buying additional courses get expensive.

I can't imagine anyone not liking the simulation play as it is really awesome - not having to select a club for every shot is the greatest feature outside of the accuracy of the unit. you can sit there and just hit shots with various clubs like you are at the range. Its also very simple to setup and no lighting or platform requirements.

The other drawback is the unit also doesn't have club data as of yet which will be an additional cost - this unit is not cheap and the argument would be is this level of accuracy worth the additional cost over other sims like Pro T or Pro 7 that do have club head data. I am very happy with my unit and the numbers I get out of it- my biggest reason for purchasing a unit was to practice my game so I wanted as accurate a ball flight depiction as I could get.

let me know if you have other questions...

Yes, you align it parallel to your target line - I measured and drew a couple of parallel lines that I use to lineup my mat on one line and the Gc2 on the other line - pretty easy to do.

to hit a ball - the Gc2 show you a box on its screen that it monitors for a ball - you have about 8*8 inches in which you can place the ball to have it recognize it. Unit gives you a green light when it sees the ball and you are ready to hit.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    No doubt the GC2 is an awesome unit. I also have not heard good things about the Zelocity. How did they test the accuracy?

Quote Originally Posted by golfnuts View Post
    yes, I am ordering one tomorrow. It satisfies what I need. At home and outside on the range. I am not sure I need clubhead data. if I do, I will add it later as it becomes available.
    Did you order the GC2 today? If so - where from?

blackfire
    Iwould like to see the result from a ball hit from a protee and the GC2 at the same time to compare and see if the price difference is worth it for pure data and ball flight calculation.

blackfire
    js1010, are you in toronto or united states

I am in the US

blackfire
    the rep from foresightsports did'nt answered my last tree e-mail. hes probably to busy after the PGA show and as you can see I'm changing my mind every day but anyway.

One of my question was a place to try so does any GC2 owner know a place where it's possible to try the unit.

Hi group

I ordered it from the factory. In US dollars, the GC2 is currently less than $10K ($6500 + $2700 for 5 courses et al.) Not that this is "chump change".

For practise, looks like the club fitting mode may be better than the driving range. but I will experiment in a 3-4 weeks once everything is set up.

Regarding the past few posts, most of these various machines will give us rank and file amateurs accurate data with which to know where the ball is going (especially indoors) and theoretically to improve our ball striking. And I am pretty sure that most of your/my handicaps are determined from shots 100 yards and in - and that includes putting! I have never been able to work on wedges indoors. With a new 10 x 11 screen with the GC2 data, I should be able to . . . (I am looking forward to closest to the pin contests!)

IMHO, it's a matter of wants vs needs within the confines of your budget. If I had to cater to lefties, I may have gone a different route.

blackfire
    I hope that the fitting mode is better then the practice range it's 2000$

waiting your review

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Congrats Golfnuts. Don't forget to give us a review.

Btw, what is your handicap? And do you plan on getting the club data add-on? Or do you feel you don't need it.

Thread Information