100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    2 Iron stevnkrn is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfire View Post
    Hey guys,

Bubba22, Zmax, kball, rdh:

You guys are all P3Pro user and look happy with the accuracy. Can I ask you your handicap please.
    My Handicap index is 8.9. What I watch mostly on the P3Pro are the club face and club approach angles as well as the club head speed. I believe them to be quite accurate on the P3Pro. I'm not a long hitter so I rely heavily on consistent contact and straight shots. I seldom use the simulator function because I want more realism than I think I can get with the P3. I don't have the P3 launch angle camera. That is why I'm considering the GC2. I like the portability, outdoor use and simple setup. However, I sure wish the course packages were more competitively priced.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Nice index stevnkrn. I agree that the GC2 would be a good one to have. The courses are just too overpriced for me. If you don't care for simulation then the vector pro will be a much cheaper option. Having said that, I would say go for the GC2 if your ok with the price because you are getting a top notch machine.

blackfire
    Quote Originally Posted by stevnkrn View Post
    My Handicap index is 8.9. What I watch mostly on the P3Pro are the club face and club approach angles as well as the club head speed. I believe them to be quite accurate on the P3Pro. I'm not a long hitter so I rely heavily on consistent contact and straight shots. I seldom use the simulator function because I want more realism than I think I can get with the P3. I don't have the P3 launch angle camera. That is why I'm considering the GC2. I like the portability, outdoor use and simple setup. However, I sure wish the course packages were more competitively priced.
    I can't make my idea:

GC2 is expensive but very accurate ball data no club yet plus software will be aroud 11000$ with 5 courses

protee is expensive as well club data and ball data, lots of courses but no portability and if you don't hit the ball perfectly in the midle of the club your club face angle is not accurate. club, ball, launch cam and putting sensor will be over 10 000$

GGS is the same as protee plus option, options and options expensive no support team just Martin and how can he be good in all the things he do when all the others only do one thing?

P3Pro is accurate on club data but surface is not realistic, courses are no good for the moment you get only a part of ball data if launch angle.

I feel like there's no solution under 15 000$ to have bolt really accurate ball and club data and even then we're not sure yet about GC2 club accuracy.

Help me please somebody

blackfire
    Quote Originally Posted by bubba22 View Post
    Nice index stevnkrn. I agree that the GC2 would be a good one to have. The courses are just too overpriced for me. If you don't care for simulation then the vector pro will be a much cheaper option. Having said that, I would say go for the GC2 if your ok with the price because you are getting a top notch machine.
    Hey bubba,

I was also looking at Vector but side angle is accurate within 2 degree

that means if it tell's you 2 degree right you could've been 4 degree right or 0 degree
    The impact of this is 2 degree at 150 yards is 5,5 yard(17feet) 4 degree is 11 yards(34 feet) and zero well you know big difference plus or minus 17-20 feet at 150 yards for me

Just to clarify, I'd use the P3Pro for club data and the GC2 for the simulator play, but only if the GC2 club data add-on is prohibitively expensive. I want a good ... make that great course play simulator. Just not what P3Pro offers, at least what they offer right now. I don't know yet if the GC2 is the one yet, but if it is as good as the reviews I've seen it is certainly a contender.

I do think the pro tee and ggs sims are less than 10,000 including the putting sensor, courses and launch. In fact they sell around 5-6 thousand. Don't over think things too much. I think the accuracy of the sensor based sims like protee, ggs or pro7 are more than acceptable. Who is to say that the GC2 is the gold standard? How much are you guys willing to spend?

blackfire
    I do think the pro tee and ggs sims are less than 10,000 including the putting sensor, courses and launch. In fact they sell around 5-6 thousand. Don't over think things too much. I think the accuracy of the sensor based sims like protee, ggs or pro7 are more than acceptable. Who is to say that the GC2 is the gold standard? How much are you guys willing to spend?
    Protee looks very good probably more then ggs because like Y said how can he be good in everything, launch monitor swing analyser, camera, baseball, etc....etc... etc....

but from what i've seen protee is 5500$ no cam and no putting just the base sensor so correct me but around 10 000$ for sure and like I said if your not in the center of the club you club face angle is not real see martin camera page on this subject see pictures where hee show's the club face angle advantage with camera VS sensor

But if your in the center then it's great for sure and if the ball direction is accurate enought then the simulation of the ball will be correct

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    http://www.proteegolfsimulator.com/s...category_id=10

The Protee with built in ball sensor and 70 courses is $4000 us or 3000 euro. A webcam LA camera is coming free of charge.

GGS PX2+65 GSA and 19 ProX courses is $4000 without the ball sensor. LA camera is another $1400.

The Protee looks like the better deal since it's cheaper and more of a turn-key simulator compared to the GGS's limitless options and configurations.

blackfire
    Tanks ZMax,

Look's great, Protee is in my mind now one more noooooooooooo

You beat me to it ZMax. I am not sure I agree with Martins explanation completely. I do think it is an oversimplification. Exactly what ZMax has said is why I am getting the ProTee.

blackfire
    do you know if they're accurate like they say or it's just specs again

The way they're talking the club data is impressive

I am impressed with the ProTee. I think the GSA as well as the Pro7 are all in the same catagory. Accuracy I am sure is similair. All comes down to pricing.

Lets continue this in the ProTee thread.

blackfire
    good idea ZMax

Quote Originally Posted by ZMax View Post
    http://www.proteegolfsimulator.com/s...category_id=10

The Protee with built in ball sensor and 70 courses is $4000 us or 3000 euro. A webcam LA camera is coming free of charge.

GGS PX2+65 GSA and 19 ProX courses is $4000 without the ball sensor. LA camera is another $1400.

The Protee looks like the better deal since it's cheaper and more of a turn-key simulator compared to the GGS's limitless options and configurations.
    Sorry guys. After using the P3Pro for so many years I'm just not sold on devices that calculate ball information and/or requite you to enter the club you are using before each shot. Once the Protee has a launch camera I may reconsider it if club entry is not a requirement. You are definitely right about the costs, and I know that GGS has ball sensing too, but when you add up the extra cameras and sensors needed for for launch,spin, etc. The price gets up there. For me, today, the GC2 has a solid mix of features. It doesn't require extensive setup/lighting, is portable, the ball can be positioned at more that one point, it can be used outdoors and doesn't require entry of the club I am using. That club entry thing is a real hang up for me and most systems out there. Cost,accuracy and a club neutral system are my main concerns. However, I still need to see more reviews on the GC2 before I'm sold.

Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road
    It's only with a system that detects spin (like the GC2) that you can eliminate the need to enter the club you're using. I agree that would be fantastic - just walk up and hit each shot without the extra step. But, that functionality definitely comes with a price...

I think the club entry could largely be eliminated for non-spin systems (for 90% of shots anyway) through software enhancements. I've sent a request to Red Chain to build this in at some point. If the system did a better job of selecting the club for each shot, it would only be exceptions (playing a punch shot under a tree, etc.) that would require selection. If each player could enter their normal distances (range) for each club, then that would be a start. The system would then need to apply a factor for the lie (rough, sand, etc.), wind, and elevation (i.e. effectively reduce the distance for a steep downhill shot) to suggest the correct club. It would take some work to develop, but it's not rocket science either.

I've also thought about looking into voice-command software to eliminate the walk to the computer and mouse click. i.e. just say "Select 4 iron" to have the system select the club.

You make a valid point stevnkrn however I personally am not concerned with having to select the club. The ProTee will not measure spin even after the launch cam is in place. It will estimate spin well. Having the launch will greatly improve its ability to measure spin however. I think a caddie feature like RDH said that will allow one to modify club selection for each individual person would be a good feature for future updates. I will put an email into Dean as well for this. Other than that I am not convinced that the accuracy is so high with the GC2 compared to sensor style that measure launch, ball and club that these systems (Pro7,GSA or ProTee) are not worth it. I personally am happy with the estimation of spin. If a well priced spin add on becomes available then great. Again the only way to really know any of this is to test the different sims in an outdoor environment to see how well they can simulate a true ball flight. I am not sure we will ever see that done.

3 Wood northgolf is on a distinguished road
    I'm in the camp with stevnkrn. My reason is not over selecting the club, but more not wanting spin estimated. The actual flight of the ball should be solvable having launch path, launch angle, ball velocity, and spin. If the GC 2 can capture all of those accurately, then the shot behavior should be correct. I am just suspicious of the ball calculations, including spin.

Everybody has to be comfortable in what they want, what they trust and what they can afford. For me it has always been launch and ball measurement, which the dd/p3pro. I can certainly live with spin estimation and save myself a few thousand dollars. Again that is just me. I have always said, pick the sim that you can afford and are happy with.

Why are we comparing the ProTee/GGS/P3pro to the GC2?

One is portable and the price difference is too big. The GC2 with just 1 course is more than twice the ProTee and $6500 more than the P3pro.

Btw, are there any real reviews of the GC2? Not magazine pieces or from somebody that sells them.

If there is anyone from Forsight Sports monitoring this forum I think there are many of us that would like to see evidence of the accuracy claimed for the GC2. I've looked at numerous YouTube videos and have never seen what I would like to see. For me a video showing someone on a range hitting balls and showing what the device says about ball distance and direction and comparing that to the actual location of where the ball lands in the range would be very compelling, assuming the results are close to the same. This seems to match what the device claims to be capable of. I'd like to see full shots, half shots, punches, etc. But that's just me. Anyone else agree?

I agree stevnkrn. But like ZMax said the GC2 is in a different catagory and hard to compare with the ProTee/GGS/Pro7 etc. It is like comparing the dd/p3pro to ProTee/GGS/Pro7. Now I can say that from what I have seen you will be happy with the GC2 however as ZMax said be prepared for the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by stevnkrn View Post
    If there is anyone from Forsight Sports monitoring this forum I think there are many of us that would like to see evidence of the accuracy claimed for the GC2. I've looked at numerous YouTube videos and have never seen what I would like to see. For me a video showing someone on a range hitting balls and showing what the device says about ball distance and direction and comparing that to the actual location of where the ball lands in the range would be very compelling, assuming the results are close to the same. This seems to match what the device claims to be capable of. I'd like to see full shots, half shots, punches, etc. But that's just me. Anyone else agree?
    I completely agree.

Cory at Par2pro put up some videos on youtube. One had a guy using an iron and the ball seemed to have rolled a little too much. Might have been a GSA setting?

Where is the review from Cory? If there is one. Not that I would fully trust his review since he's a dealer. Although, his review of the ST-1 was pretty good.

Good point and suggestions again ZMax.

I agree stevnkrn. But like ZMax said the GC2 is in a different catagory and hard to compare with the ProTee/GGS/Pro7 etc. It is like comparing the dd/p3pro to ProTee/GGS/Pro7. Now I can say that from what I have seen you will be happy with the GC2 however as ZMax said be prepared for the cost.
    For now I'd be satisfied with GC2 validating the specs Foresight Sports claims. If and when the time comes I may ask the same question in the appropriate thread about other systems.

Sand Wedge pboon is on a distinguished road
    From what I was told by rep. for Foresight Sports was the GC2 unit had comparable stats to the doppler units in an outdoor testing.

blackfire
    Quote Originally Posted by pboon View Post
    From what I was told by rep. for Foresight Sports was the GC2 unit had comparable stats to the doppler units in an outdoor testing.
    Exactly,

I've talked to all the company 2 rep from trackman, zelocity, Golftek, GGS(Martin Gardiner), foresightsports, accusports, P3Pro and cory and from my too years of researche and testing(GGS and P3pro and even launchpad) from what I now know from sensors, radar and camera. they're all tree good in differente things.

1- sensors are good to track the club and P3Pro is the best for me to track the ball unless your always in the midle of the club what only realy godd player can achieve.

2- camera are good for ball tracking and some club data but not all(best interior SIM are cameras(aboutgolf, GC2 and sportscoach, are tree exemple)

3- radar are good to track the ball extremely accurately outside and trackman is also extremely accurate for club data probably the best but inside to expensive and not accurate for side spin as they can't read under 500 rpm with 15 feet ball flght and not under 2000 rpm with 10 of ball flight.

my option is GC2 for the portability and easy setup no calibration, can play with software or without to the range, is extremely accurate for ball data and ball flight calculation as they're under 1% of diffence with trackman outside and more accurate inside because of the side spin. Add with my P3pro I get the best of the to world.

blackfire
    Quote Originally Posted by pboon View Post
    form my experience add calculation I believe them.

I don't think I can argue against your decision. The GC2 is a very good unit. You will be very happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by blackfire View Post
    Exactly,

I've talked to all the company 2 rep from trackman, zelocity, Golftek, GGS(Martin Gardiner), foresightsports, accusports, P3Pro and cory and from my too years of researche and testing(GGS and P3pro and even launchpad) from what I now know from sensors, radar and camera. they're all tree good in differente things.
    What did Cory say about the GC2?

When are you planning on getting the GC2?

I hope you do a full review on it and let us know all the good and not so good stuff. For that kind of money, do they have a trial period for like a week or 2?

Thread Information