CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Par Kball is on a distinguished road

GC2 - Something New is Coming

I checked out the GC2 web-site today and it looks like they will be announcing something new at the 2011 PGA Merchandise show later this month. I bet it will be something to due with capturing data on the club path.

I have been considering the GC2 for several months, but haven't been willing to part with that much money! I am getting closer though....

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Kball i really hear you. I bet if it is club data it will be around 2-3 grand. When you add it all up it really is a costly sim. There are probably cheaper options but make no mistake the GC2 is a good sim with what looks like very reliable ball data. If they add the club data it certainly rocks but at a price that is outside most home users range.

Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road
    Yep - expensive system, but very impressive once that gap is closed. I still have a problem with the left/right hand play though...if they can ever come up with a solution for that (not having to move it constantly) then it will be an incredible system. I had friends over a couple weeks back and there were 6 of us playing and we were split equally (right and left handers) so a system like the GC2 wouldn't have been a real option for that.

Very good poinr rdh especially in Canada where there are a lot of lefty players.

Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road
    Do we really have a higher percentage of lefties in Canada, or was that a joke? Bizarre if it's true....

5 Wood js1010 is on a distinguished road
    Yes, in speaking to my rep a few weeks ago he said the head data add-on would be unveiled at the PGA Show at the end of the month. Excited to see this in action. Hopefully the pricing is reasonable...

As far as the lefty/righty thing- yes, this is an issue with the GC2. THey now have it working over Bluetooth so you could use it wirelessly on its rechargeable battery - but obviously you would still need to move the unit around as needed.

I mentioned this issue to my rep at one point and he said they were contemplating a rotating platform of sorts. NOt sure if they ever came through on that or just recommending using bluetooth now that they have that working.

this is still not great solution when playing sim golf with a foursome or more of mixed lefties/righties, however... and something to consider if you are looking at this system.

Sand Wedge pboon is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by bubba22 View Post
    Kball i really hear you. I bet if it is club data it will be around 2-3 grand. When you add it all up it really is a costly sim. There are probably cheaper options but make no mistake the GC2 is a good sim with what looks like very reliable ball data. If they add the club data it certainly rocks but at a price that is outside most home users range.
    GC2 with fitting software + one course (required if you want courses) will cost around $8400 then add $1200 for a package of 10 courses. They have around 60 courses. It is still unknown when the club data add-on will be in available to buy, how it integrates with the software and at what cost.

I believe the club cam add on will be revealed in the upcoming PGA show and will be in the 3 grand range. As well I don't think all 60 courses are yet available. Beautiful unit but pricey and not good for left/right golfers.

blackfire
    Quote Originally Posted by rdh View Post
    Yep - expensive system, but very impressive once that gap is closed. I still have a problem with the left/right hand play though...if they can ever come up with a solution for that (not having to move it constantly) then it will be an incredible system. I had friends over a couple weeks back and there were 6 of us playing and we were split equally (right and left handers) so a system like the GC2 wouldn't have been a real option for that.
    for My self My garage is only 11 feet wide so to be able to move the unit is perfect for me.

Are you planning on buying the GC2 Blckfire?

blackfire
    Quote Originally Posted by pboon View Post
    GC2 with fitting software + one course (required if you want courses) will cost around $8400 then add $1200 for a package of 10 courses. They have around 60 courses. It is still unknown when the club data add-on will be in available to buy, how it integrates with the software and at what cost.
    I spoked with them a few days ago and yes they're coming out with club data. they don't know yet the price or he did'nt what to tell me but they're coming out with it at the PGA show in a few weeks.

blackfire
    Are you planning on buying the GC2 Blckfire?
    Yes I am

In august I realy think about it

Great Blackfire.

blackfire
    I hope it worth the price cause I'm going to cry like a baby to have pend 10K

blackfire
    Quote Originally Posted by pboon View Post
    Yhe guy told me that the software won't change. It's ready I presume

The last I heard they didn't have all the courses ready. Check with them to make sure that they have all the courses. Again, I think you will be very happy with the GC2. It is top notch equipment.

blackfire
    I don't whant all the courses anyway but yes I'm very happy with my decision just have to get the ona now august or september hope so

2 Iron stevnkrn is on a distinguished road

Dual systems at the same time

Quote Originally Posted by blackfire View Post
    I spoked with them a few days ago and yes they're coming out with club data. they don't know yet the price or he did'nt what to tell me but they're coming out with it at the PGA show in a few weeks.
    I am really intrigued about the GC2 with club data, but without the upgrade cost information it is difficult to decide on the value. I am a current P3Pro owner and basically like what it has to offer. Do any of you know if you can use a P3Pro and a GC2 simultaneously? I would use the GC2 for the simulator and use and the P3Pro when I want club data on a specific swing. Since I already have the P3Pro it would be pretty cheap to add an Atom based computer and monitor for the swing data. I could use it at the same time I use the GC2 for simulation.

It depends on what you are looking for. In my opinion it is quite an expensive approach to use the gc2 for simulation only. Don't get me wrong if it is affordable for you then go for it. The GC2 will give you a lot of information that you will probably use such as ball speed, direction, launch and spin. Having the club data will also be cool. I would love to see the 2 of any simulators/launch monitors used simultaneously. Most likely there will be differences in the values detected between the p3pro and GC2. That may be due to the environment, setup etc. I would expect that if there were difference then you would come to favor the GC2 over the P3pro (not knocking the p3pro) due to the increased accuracy of the GC2.

2 Iron stevnkrn is on a distinguished road
    It depends on what you are looking for. In my opinion it is quite an expensive approach to use the gc2 for simulation only. Don't get me wrong if it is affordable for you then go for it. The GC2 will give you a lot of information that you will probably use such as ball speed, direction, launch and spin. Having the club data will also be cool. I would love to see the 2 of any simulators/launch monitors used simultaneously. Most likely there will be differences in the values detected between the p3pro and GC2. That may be due to the environment, setup etc. I would expect that if there were difference then you would come to favor the GC2 over the P3pro (not knocking the p3pro) due to the increased accuracy of the GC2.
    Agreed. If I didn't already own the P3Pro I wouldn't even consider this. For a few hundred dollars I can use the P3Pro. If it costs more to add the club data to the GC2 it may not be worth it to me.

I am more interested in the technical aspects of using dual simulators simultaneously. For example, do the IR emitters on the P3Pro blind, or interfere with the GC2 getting a good picture of the ball?

Probably not. The ir signals from the p3pro/dd shouldn't interfere with the GC2. I suspect the GC2 would work from the p3pro mat. Fire off an email to the Foresight boys and let us know what you find out.

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by stevnkrn View Post
    I am more interested in the technical aspects of using dual simulators simultaneously. For example, do the IR emitters on the P3Pro blind, or interfere with the GC2 getting a good picture of the ball?
    Probably not. The ir signals from the p3pro/dd shouldn't interfere with the GC2. I suspect the GC2 would work from the p3pro mat. Fire off an email to the Foresight boys and let us know what you find out.
    That's a good question.

But the price is already too high IMO. How much higher with the club data? The only thing that stands out is the portability of the unit, which would be nice to have on the range.

blackfire
    Hey guys,

Bubba22, Zmax, kball, rdh:

You guys are all P3Pro user and look happy with the accuracy. Can I ask you your handicap please.

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfire View Post
    Hey guys,

Bubba22, Zmax, kball, rdh:

You guys are all P3Pro user and look happy with the accuracy. Can I ask you your handicap please.
    18 but I shot 80 three times last year.

I play to a 4 handicap (index 3.6 I think?).
    I am somewhat happy with the P3pro accuracy. I for one minute do not think they are 99 percent accurate. Without ball measurement there is no way that the P3pro nor the dd are even 90 percent accurate. I suppose it depends on how you define accurate and truly, I wouldn't even want to make a guesse. All I can say is that probably no sim is 99 percent accurate. I would like to have ball measurement as well and for myself feel that the p3pro/dd by itself is not enough. Not knocking the sims down at all but for my practice at home I would personally like to have club data (angle, path and speed) as well as ball data (direction, speed and launch). Spin would be nice however I am happy estimating spin.

blackfire
    I play to a 4 handicap (index 3.6 I think?).
    I am somewhat happy with the P3pro accuracy. I for one minute do not think they are 99 percent accurate. Without ball measurement there is no way that the P3pro nor the dd are even 90 percent accurate. I suppose it depends on how you define accurate and truly, I wouldn't even want to make a guesse. All I can say is that probably no sim is 99 percent accurate. I would like to have ball measurement as well and for myself feel that the p3pro/dd by itself is not enough. Not knocking the sims down at all but for my practice at home I would personally like to have club data (angle, path and speed) as well as ball data (direction, speed and launch). Spin would be nice however I am happy estimating spin.
    what is your setup bubba??

Right now I have the p3pro with its stance mat, virtual courses as well as the launch angle. I have a large HQ impact screen with a 720 projector. My impact screen has side nettings. Computer wise I have a I7 proccessor with a ATI 1Gig video card. I was hoping that the p3pro would interface with the Vector and that would have been a logical solution to allow for ball and club data. The integration with the p3pro and the Zelocity is not worth it for me, as well I am not confident in the Zelocity accuracy. In any event I would like to have club and ball data. To improve, why wouldn't you want both. I suppose the answer is cost in most cases. In any event I will be getting the ProTee sim in the next month which has club and ball sensors.

blackfire
    Right now I have the p3pro with its stance mat, virtual courses as well as the launch angle. I have a large HQ impact screen with a 720 projector. My impact screen has side nettings. Computer wise I have a I7 proccessor with a ATI 1Gig video card. I was hoping that the p3pro would interface with the Vector and that would have been a logical solution to allow for ball and club data. The integration with the p3pro and the Zelocity is not worth it for me, as well I am not confident in the Zelocity accuracy. In any event I would like to have club and ball data. To improve, why wouldn't you want both. I suppose the answer is cost in most cases. In any event I will be getting the ProTee sim in the next month which has club and ball sensors.
    Why protee and not GGS it's the same I think?

They are very similair and could go either way. I would go with the combo of ADX or PX1 sensor and ball sensor plus the launch cam. The ADX is not out yet. The PX1 only measures the club (although accurate) so I would need a ball sensor or cam. The protee has the club and ball sensor on one board and a cam for launch. Both are comparable so the cheapest one will get the nod.

Thread Information