CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Belmont

Optishot Hitting Pad

Just took my opti out of the box and will be installing software this afternoon.

Question: I took the tee holder out from the bottom. When I hit irons from the turf, of course I will keep the holder out, but is it necessary to hit the turf where the hole is to get an accurate reading. Or can I hit to the side of the hole, or front and rear of it. It appears, hitting the hole will perhaps loosed the turf.

8 Iron caddishack is on a distinguished road caddishack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Belmont View Post
    Just took my opti out of the box and will be installing software this afternoon.

Question: I took the tee holder out from the bottom. When I hit irons from the turf, of course I will keep the holder out, but is it necessary to hit the turf where the hole is to get an accurate reading. Or can I hit to the side of the hole, or front and rear of it. It appears, hitting the hole will perhaps loosed the turf.
    You can leave the tee holder in, it is not necessary to take it out..... unless of course yours is like mine and the plastic tees supplied with the pad do not come out without using pliers..lol I use regular wood tees.

As to playing in front of the tee holder...from my experience (4 weeks) it does not seem to affect the outcome of the shot. It's a good idea to move the ball forward if your playing with someone who has a tendancy to chunk it as that means they are hitting the sensor area.

Thread Information